Being Catholic means putting up with a lot of shit

You have to put up with the fact that so many priests turned out to be child molesters and the bishops knew and let it happen.

You have to put with up with non-Catholic friends making jokes about pedophile priests and having no way to plausibly deny it.

You have to put up with the fact that most priests are too cowardly to tell their parishioners that they're not supposed to be having sex out of wedlock, using birth control, or committing sodomy, so Catholics go ahead and do this stuff and feel no guilt.

And now, we have to put up with a Pope who is so confused about what he's supposed to be teaching it's worse than having no Pope at all.

I went over to check out the Episcopalians, but they're even worse off.

And the evangelicals are nuts, can't join them.
If you want to throw the baby out with the bath water, that's on you.

Why not let priests marry? How many great ones have been lost because of it? Ministers, rabbis, imams, even Orthodox priests can marry. Why not Catholic priests?

Other religions have legacy ministers, rabbis or imams

My father was a rabbi, my grandfather was a rabbi.....I naturally became a rabbi

Refusing to allow priests to have a normal life keeps many from choosing the priesthood
i thought you were a right winger?......

Why not let priests marry? How many great ones have been lost because of it? Ministers, rabbis, imams, even Orthodox priests can marry. Why not Catholic priests?

Other religions have legacy ministers, rabbis or imams

My father was a rabbi, my grandfather was a rabbi.....I naturally became a rabbi

Refusing to allow priests to have a normal life keeps many from choosing the priesthood
You are a rabbi?

I stopped believing in God when I was around 12....

Really?

Last edited:
Blackrook

When will you stop your anti-Catholic attacks, which you make continously in the name of Catholics?
Catholics helped stuff the Jews into the ovens.
And helped end it too. :)

What have your fellow atheists ever done?

Not this, that's for sure:
The Horrors of the Church and Its Holy Inquisition
You are going back to the inquisition? Really?

Apparently you don't know about the 200 million people murdered in the 20th century by militant atheist nations.

You come by your sociopathy honestly.

Blackrook

When will you stop your anti-Catholic attacks, which you make continously in the name of Catholics?

Apparently you don't know about the 200 million people murdered in the 20th century by militant atheist nations.

Atheists make no claims about following a god and being just. The Inquisition was done in the name of your god.

Blackrook

Atheists make no claims about following a god and being just. The Inquisition was done in the name of your god.
The inquisition held trials. You fellow atheist just dragged people out of their beds and shot them in the back pf the head.

The Inquisition was not created in order to persecute heretics. Rather, it was meant to protect the rights of people accused of heresy. In the pre-modern era, heresy was seen as not just an offense against God, but as an act of treason against the state. For this reason, the state executed heretics, not the Church. The Church’s role was to carry out the investigation with the aim of protecting the innocent. This process of investigation was called the Inquisition.

The Inquisition was essentially a theological court. There were three main inquisitions: the Medieval Inquisition (against the Albigensian heresy), the Spanish Inquisition (formed in the late 1400s) and the Roman Inquisition (later the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith). We will focus on the Medieval and Spanish Inquisitions, the ones more readily associated with the term “Inquisition.”

Blackrook

The inquisition held trials. You fellow atheist just dragged people out of their beds and shot them in the back pf the head.
Christianity put people on racks and in thumbscrews... until they confessed whatever the torturers wanted out of them. And didn't they burn people at the stake as well? All for an invisible superbeing that may or may not exist.

Whereas murderous atheists just killed people without any trial at all.

The Inquisition was not created in order to persecute heretics. Rather, it was meant to protect the rights of people accused of heresy. In the pre-modern era, heresy was seen as not just an offense against God, but as an act of treason against the state. For this reason, the state executed heretics, not the Church. The Church’s role was to carry out the investigation with the aim of protecting the innocent. This process of investigation was called the Inquisition.

The Inquisition was essentially a theological court. There were three main inquisitions: the Medieval Inquisition (against the Albigensian heresy), the Spanish Inquisition (formed in the late 1400s) and the Roman Inquisition (later the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith). We will focus on the Medieval and Spanish Inquisitions, the ones more readily associated with the term “Inquisition.”

Dude's trying to scapegoat the Inquisition. :lmao:

You have to put up with the fact that so many priests turned out to be child molesters and the bishops knew and let it happen.

You have to put with up with non-Catholic friends making jokes about pedophile priests and having no way to plausibly deny it.

You have to put up with the fact that most priests are too cowardly to tell their parishioners that they're not supposed to be having sex out of wedlock, using birth control, or committing sodomy, so Catholics go ahead and do this stuff and feel no guilt.

And now, we have to put up with a Pope who is so confused about what he's supposed to be teaching it's worse than having no Pope at all.

I went over to check out the Episcopalians, but they're even worse off.

And the evangelicals are nuts, can't join them.
Remember this one thing.

Jesus had no religion, all he had was the truth that ignorant humans turned into religion

Dude's trying to scapegoat the Inquisition. :lmao:

There's a reason why you always lose. You are the antagonist in this movie. The bad guy. The villain. It's in your DNA.

Whereas murderous atheists just killed people without any trial at all.
Humans are a violent species. Atheists aren't pretending to be for good, religious people are.

Forum List

Back