Zone1 The Pope slams American Catholics as backward

#3 – He is the Vicar of Christ

“Vicar” means “representative.” Although Jesus Christ is the “head of the Church” (Ephesians 5:23), Jesus appointed St. Peter and his successors to lead the Church in his name.

The CC went through a radical change in the 60s and is today not very Catholic. That said, many ordinary Catholics have held onto the True Faith, which is not emanating from the Vatican any longer, to speak of. There are Catholics who work there, presumably, but

well, I've never been there. All I know is the head of the Vatican is NOT a Christian. "You will know them by their fruits" Jesus said.

No true Christian would ever say --or imply--that it doesn't matter what religion you are! No, Jesus Christ said that No one goes to the Father (Heaven) except through HIM.

Christ cleanses us of sin and its nasty consequences (if we let Him). Buddha can't do that, Muhommed can't do that... Only Jesus.

I find Protestants disingenuous when they criticize the pope, as they rightly should, and yet still attack Catholics for being "backward" or whatever you Protestants may want to call it. In other words, why is it that no Protestant I ever talk to or listen to, on forums or ANYWHERE else ever gives credit to the Catholics who ARE practicing true Christianity, and there likely are far more of those than the Francis-Catholics, as it were?

No, a lot of them just attack the pope and act like all Catholics are just like him, no matter how much Catholics say otherwise (practice otherwise). I'm not saying you are implying that, but the thought did occur to me.
Your own Pope called US Biships backward, not me.

Try again.

Or how about getting yourself a real Pope?

The Bible is very much a Catholic "thing". Always has been. Catholics who attend Sunday Mass read through the Bible every three years. Those who attend daily Mass read through the Bible every year. In addition there are plenty of Bible Study opportunities, because Catholics now--as back before the printing press--believed study of scripture required someone with Bible education to lead the study.

For Catholics, none of this, "Each person can decide for him/herself what it means." People deciding for themselves what something meant is how some Christians, around 1830, picked up the idea of "Rapture" and people disappearing off the face of the earth. A decent education of the Bible would have prevented that--and should prevent it today.

Catholics are much better educated about the Bible than most other denominations.
That Rapture teaching is nothing compared to such whoppers as once saved always saved

and the presbyterian belief that some people are born destined for hell, some for Heaven!

Gee, I guess Jesus suffered egregiously and died for nothing?
(you predestined for hell folks can stay clear of Jesus because it won't do you any good!)
:rolleyes:

You don't listen to anyone but yourself

good bye

He called every Catholic in the United States backward.

Deal with it.

He fired a Bishop for calling abortionists evil.

This means the Pope does not really believe it is murder, or he is pure evil himself

Which do you think he is?

He called every Catholic in the United States backward.

Deal with it.

He fired a Bishop for calling abortionists evil.

This means the Pope does not really believe it is murder, or he is pure evil himself

Which do you think he is?
I’ve seen atheists who are clear to God than Popey

Forum List

Back