Before There Was God…

According to biblical doctrine people are made in the image of God.
So they are, according to doctrine. That doesn't make God genocidal. It makes people who do all the killing genocidal.
The people made in God's image are doing the genocidal killing at God's command, how does that not make your God genocidal???
Is 13: 15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.
16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes
; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

De 2:34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:

De 3:6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.

Sure, nothing the least bit genocidal about your God!
Num 31: 7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

1Sa 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
That's what some Old Testament scribe says anyway. I told you I don't buy Christian dogma and I sure don't think the bible is a kind of newspaper recording the deeds, thoughts and motives of God. It's what some rabid follower wanted God to say or do.

Did someone ascribe these killings to the will of God because that's what they wanted done? That's precisely what I think.

Don't confuse God with man's worship of God. I don't and it works out very well.

You know the Koran wasn't written by Mohammad but by followers after his death.
Are the bible and Koran the products of zealot disciples and acts of propaganda to enhance the myths of the men involved?
It certainly bears pondering.

Last edited:
Absolutely!
I resolutely disagree.
"human sacrifice
The act of killing one or more persons as part of a religious ritual, generally to appease the gods or spirits."

I see none of this regarding the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Where do you see it?

The people made in God's image are doing the genocidal killing at God's command, how does that not make your God genocidal???
Is 13: 15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.
16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes
; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

De 2:34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:

De 3:6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.
How come you, the atheist, is trying to tell me, the supposed Christian, that a figment of men's imagination is telling followers to slaughter fellow human beings?

If you were honest or consistent, the most you could says is some men are claiming they know God's will and He wants some killing done because these other humans have offended Him.

You are less atheist then you are cheap propagandist. If you don't believe God exists then you certainly can't believe he has ever caused a single person to die out of rage, jealousy or revenge. As already said man is responsible for genocide.

Joseph Stalin or Mohammad more than God.

Absolutely!
I resolutely disagree.
"human sacrifice
The act of killing one or more persons as part of a religious ritual, generally to appease the gods or spirits."

I see none of this regarding the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Where do you see it?
Again only the human sacrifice of JC can satisfy the sin debt of man to God, meaning it fits YOUR OWN definition EXACTLY.

Forum List

Back