Barr to the rescue! Trump uses the DOJ to defend himself in rape defamation case.

This is truly unprecedented.

The Justice Department moved on Tuesday to replace President Trump’s private legal team with government lawyers to defend him against a defamation lawsuit by the author E. Jean Carroll, who has accused him of raping her in a Manhattan department store in the 1990s.

Though the law gives employees of the federal government immunity from most defamation lawsuits, legal experts said it has rarely, if ever, been used before to protect a president, especially for actions taken before he entered office.

“The question is,” said Steve Vladeck, a University of Texas law professor, “is it really within the scope of the law for government lawyers to defend someone accused of lying about a rape when he wasn’t even president yet?”

The motion also effectively protects Mr. Trump from any embarrassing disclosures in the middle of his campaign for re-election..

....Ms. Carroll’s lawyer said in a statement issued Tuesday evening that the Justice Department’s move to intervene in the case was a “shocking” attempt to bring the resources of the United States government to bear on a private legal matter.

This just shows how Trump is using the powers of the presidency for personal use. The DOJ now is truly Trump’s private law firm. Incredible. I mean here is the DOJ being blatantly used for political purposes. It is just another sign that the presidency under Trump is looking more and more Putinesque.

Ironically Trump’s action lend credibility to the lawsuit as he is doing everything in his power to cover up the rape and suppress evidence.

You mean like obama using the FBI, CIA, DOJ, and State Department to spy on Trump? Or biden using his office to help his drug addict son a 1.5 billion dollar deal with the Chinese communists?

Your outrage should have been going during obama/biden.......

Outrage should be limited to the factual, not the imaginary.

What is happening in this case is where Trump is trying to use sovereign immunity to protect his personal behavior.
From a supposed 20 year old rape?? Don't make me laugh. If it were me I'd have reported the rape immediately. Only a liar waits 20 years.

Oh and your sure that Trump asked Barr to do something??
I'll forgive your ignorance.
The case revolves around Trump slandering (defamation) E. Jean Carroll

Justice Dept. Intervenes in E. Jean Carroll Defamation Lawsuit ...
www.nytimes.com › donald-trump-jean-carroll-lawsuit-rape

Government lawyers made the unusual move of seeking to take over President Trump's defense in a suit brought by Ms. Carroll, who has ...

The Justice Department moved on Tuesday to replace President Trump’s private legal team with government lawyers to defend him against a defamation lawsuit by the author E. Jean Carroll, who has accused him of raping her in a Manhattan department store in the 1990s.

Though the law gives employees of the federal government immunity from most defamation lawsuits, legal experts said it has rarely, if ever, been used before to protect a president, especially for actions taken before he entered office.

“The question is,” said Steve Vladeck, a University of Texas law professor, “is it really within the scope of the law for government lawyers to defend someone accused of lying about a rape when he wasn’t even president yet?”

The motion also effectively protects Mr. Trump from any embarrassing disclosures in the middle of his campaign for re-election..

....Ms. Carroll’s lawyer said in a statement issued Tuesday evening that the Justice Department’s move to intervene in the case was a “shocking” attempt to bring the resources of the United States government to bear on a private legal matter.

This just shows how Trump is using the powers of the presidency for personal use. The DOJ now is truly Trump’s private law firm. Incredible. I mean here is the DOJ being blatantly used for political purposes. It is just another sign that the presidency under Trump is looking more Putinesque than Jeffersonian.

Ironically Trump’s action lend credibility to the lawsuit as he is doing everything in his power to cover up the rape and suppress evidence.
What rape?

This woman is a fake.
She's not even as convincing as the drunk they used against Kavanaugh.

Funny how Trump loving assholes call a renowned professor a drunk in a case involving a guy who was a sloppy drunk while in college.

Funny how all these women accusing Trump are fake.

But why are taxpayers covering his legal fees when there is nothing here that involves his office>

Why do you assdsfucks think this is OK?

Because we have a brain, where you do not. Carroll, trying to sell her memoirs, claims that she didn't know Trump but Trump asked her to try on clothes in a store DECADES AGO and she did which is CRAZY unbelieveable. Then she claims while she was changing in the dressingroom that Trump went in and raped her OLD ass and no one in the store did anything to stop it. And of course, she didn't call the police and report her rape. She be lying like all the other dem operatives that just appeared like cockroaches when Trump announced he was running and they set about trying to smear him to help out their party. Trump has a type----and I am sorry none of these dem women fit that type or even close to it...

I'm a woman who escaped a couple of rape attempts years ago---I don't appreciate dem women lying about these obvious made up attacks for political gain---it makes all woman look untrustworthy with such claims and puts all women in far more danger.
And wouldn't you be happy if yopu said something & the accuser called you a liar & made up shit about you. Trump is a piece of shit, why do you keep defending him?

Rape is not rape unlerss it is on video. Eviderntly this is your position on the matter.

Rape is rape ---rape leaves evidence---------Logic is logic--when people tell the truth there is a logical flow to their story. Rape in the open as these stupid dem women claim would leave lots of witnesses---who keep saying nope didnt happen. WHo do I believe---crazy dem supporters who claim they were raped years or decades ago and said nothing UNTIL Trump ran for president or the many witnesses who have had to have saw something if it happened who keep saying nope--didn't happen. Rape in a upper scale dressing room would have left lots of witnesses but none called the cops or stopped him? Please....Rape on public airplane as another claimed and no one stopped him or called the cops? Nonsense--made up BULLSHIT. All the witnesses are also didn't happen.......

And fyi, when I was attacked I called the cops and bought a gun------these women did nothing for decades? Comeon now...

What is happening in this case is where Trump is trying to use sovereign immunity to protect his personal behavior.
From a supposed 20 year old rape?? Don't make me laugh. If it were me I'd have reported the rape immediately. Only a liar waits 20 years.

Oh and your sure that Trump asked Barr to do something??
I'll forgive your ignorance.
The case revolves around Trump slandering (defamation) E. Jean Carroll

Justice Dept. Intervenes in E. Jean Carroll Defamation Lawsuit ...
www.nytimes.com › donald-trump-jean-carroll-lawsuit-rape

Government lawyers made the unusual move of seeking to take over President Trump's defense in a suit brought by Ms. Carroll, who has ...

If you say so. Sounds like Ms Carroll is looking for 15 minutes of fame. Hope the Government lawyers hang her out to dry.

Rape is rape ---rape leaves evidence---------Logic is logic--when people tell the truth there is a logical flow to their story. Rape in the open as these stupid dem women claim would leave lots of witnesses---who keep saying nope didnt happen. WHo do I believe---crazy dem supporters who claim they were raped years or decades ago and said nothing UNTIL Trump ran for president or the many witnesses who have had to have saw something if it happened who keep saying nope--didn't happen. Rape in a upper scale dressing room would have left lots of witnesses but none called the cops or stopped him? Please....Rape on public airplane as another claimed and no one stopped him or called the cops? Nonsense--made up BULLSHIT. All the witnesses are also didn't happen.......

And fyi, when I was attacked I called the cops and bought a gun------these women did nothing for decades? Comeon now...

Do I have to remind you of Trumps promise to sue the 16 women who accused him for defamation?

And Trump, who sues everybody, didn't sue a single one of them, including E. Jean Carroll.

Because Trump knew what they were claiming was true, and he could not prevail.

If you say so. Sounds like Ms Carroll is looking for 15 minutes of fame. Hope the Government lawyers hang her out to dry.
Quite the opposite. She was quietly suing Trump in NY State Court. It was Trump that made a federal case of it.

This just shows how Trump is using the powers of the presidency for personal use. The DOJ now is truly Trump’s private law firm. Incredible. I mean here is the DOJ being blatantly used for political purposes. It is just another sign that the presidency under Trump is looking more Putinesque than Jeffersonian.

What rape?

This woman is a fake.

Funny how Trump loving assholes call a renowned professor a drunk in a case involving a guy who was a sloppy drunk while in college.

Funny how all these women accusing Trump are fake.

But why are taxpayers covering his legal fees when there is nothing here that involves his office>

Why do you assdsfucks think this is OK?

Because we have a brain, where you do not. Carroll, trying to sell her memoirs, claims that she didn't know Trump but Trump asked her to try on clothes in a store DECADES AGO and she did which is CRAZY unbelieveable. Then she claims while she was changing in the dressingroom that Trump went in and raped her OLD ass and no one in the store did anything to stop it. And of course, she didn't call the police and report her rape. She be lying like all the other dem operatives that just appeared like cockroaches when Trump announced he was running and they set about trying to smear him to help out their party. Trump has a type----and I am sorry none of these dem women fit that type or even close to it...

I'm a woman who escaped a couple of rape attempts years ago---I don't appreciate dem women lying about these obvious made up attacks for political gain---it makes all woman look untrustworthy with such claims and puts all women in far more danger.
And wouldn't you be happy if yopu said something & the accuser called you a liar & made up shit about you. Trump is a piece of shit, why do you keep defending him?

Rape is not rape unlerss it is on video. Eviderntly this is your position on the matter.

You know lots of women do not report rape. If they talk about it later in life, you call them liars?
I never witness otyher people in a dressing room . The woman on the plane said she was assaulted not raped. Do you know anytrhing thatr is actually true or are you blinded by the ultra moral person in Tump

curious to the demofks in here, do you really think this damages Trump? I mean, are you all really that uninformed?

it makes you look like sheeple.
Obviously not his supporters. They don't care how many laws Trump & his bsnd of crooks break.
What laws has he broken?
Provide links.
Should we start with his actions regarding Ukraine?
Or lack thereof.
With respect to Ukraine, a false accusation isn't worth a bucket of spit. If he had broke any laws they would have had him out of office by now. His biggest crime seems to be trolling liberals and causing them to lose their shit.

Do I have to remind you of Trumps promise to sue the 16 women who accused him for defamation?

And Trump, who sues everybody, didn't sue a single one of them, including E. Jean Carroll.

He can't pumpkin----not while he is president- and in the New York district that is so corrupt that they have spent the last 4 years harassing Trump?

He can't pumpkin----not while he is president- and in the New York district that is so corrupt that they have spent the last 4 years harassing Trump?

Are you pretending to be stupid or is your IQ really that low.

He can't pumpkin----not while he is president-

Trump sued Stormy Daniels on March 16th 2017

Trump seeks $20 million in damages from Daniels for breaking the non-disclosure agreement

This was while Trump was president. So you're clearly wrong.

curious to the demofks in here, do you really think this damages Trump? I mean, are you all really that uninformed?

it makes you look like sheeple.
Obviously not his supporters. They don't care how many laws Trump & his bsnd of crooks break.
What laws has he broken?
Provide links.
Should we start with his actions regarding Ukraine?
Or lack thereof.
With respect to Ukraine, a false accusation isn't worth a bucket of spit. If he had broke any laws they would have had him out of office by now. His biggest crime seems to be trolling liberals and causing them to lose their shit.
there is that. hee hee

They are working overtime..

hell-gif_10_delay-0.1s.gif

What rape?

This woman is a fake.

Maybe you need to stick to the topic. The government has no business using taxpayer dollars to defend Trump. This happened before Trump was President. This is more DOJ corruption.

If anything, Trump should be the one to bring the defamation lawsuit against Carroll, not the other way around. It was definitely time for the feds to step in with a wrecking ball and knock that bitch's suit out of the way, along with the whole gang of stupid whores at law in the courthouse and the dumbass johns who patronize and pander to them.

This just shows how Trump is using the powers of the presidency for personal use. The DOJ now is truly Trump’s private law firm. Incredible. I mean here is the DOJ being blatantly used for political purposes. It is just another sign that the presidency under Trump is looking more and more Putinesque.

Yet another compelling reason to vote Trump out of office this November: the partisan corruption of the DOJ.

What rape?

This woman is a fake.
If it is a fake why is he using the DOJ to defend himself. Looks like an admission to me.
I think bringing frivolous lawsuits against the president for political purposes shouldn't be let go. I think bringing charges against these people would end the practice. They can prove this woman committed perjury. They can prove she was paid by Democrats to make false accusations. Trump shouldn't have to pay for this crap.

You are a great fascist pig. She is suing for actions that were taken before Trump became President. They cannot prove she committed perjury. They cannot prove she is making false accusations.

The issue however is that the DOJ cannot act as Trump's personal lawyers. The court should not allow government lawyers to defend Trump.

If anything, Trump should be the one to bring the defamation lawsuit against Carroll, not the other way around. It was definitely time for the feds to step in with a wrecking ball and knock that bitch's suit out of the way, along with the whole gang of stupid whores at law in the courthouse and the dumbass johns who patronize and pander to them.

You are a first class asshole. The DOJ has no say in this and the judge should bar them from participating.

Forum List

Back