Barr to the rescue! Trump uses the DOJ to defend himself in rape defamation case.

This is truly unprecedented.

The Justice Department moved on Tuesday to replace President Trump’s private legal team with government lawyers to defend him against a defamation lawsuit by the author E. Jean Carroll, who has accused him of raping her in a Manhattan department store in the 1990s.

Though the law gives employees of the federal government immunity from most defamation lawsuits, legal experts said it has rarely, if ever, been used before to protect a president, especially for actions taken before he entered office.

“The question is,” said Steve Vladeck, a University of Texas law professor, “is it really within the scope of the law for government lawyers to defend someone accused of lying about a rape when he wasn’t even president yet?”

The motion also effectively protects Mr. Trump from any embarrassing disclosures in the middle of his campaign for re-election..

....Ms. Carroll’s lawyer said in a statement issued Tuesday evening that the Justice Department’s move to intervene in the case was a “shocking” attempt to bring the resources of the United States government to bear on a private legal matter.

This just shows how Trump is using the powers of the presidency for personal use. The DOJ now is truly Trump’s private law firm. Incredible. I mean here is the DOJ being blatantly used for political purposes. It is just another sign that the presidency under Trump is looking more and more Putinesque.

Ironically Trump’s action lend credibility to the lawsuit as he is doing everything in his power to cover up the rape and suppress evidence.
We’ve never had a sitting president attacked by the Democrats since Abraham Lincoln
We never had a President as big of liar & crook as Donald Trump.

whoopi another-en, post a supposed lie and I'll debunk it. go for it, the challenge is yours. I'm batting a 1000 so far.

The Justice Department moved on Tuesday to replace President Trump’s private legal team with government lawyers to defend him against a defamation lawsuit by the author E. Jean Carroll, who has accused him of raping her in a Manhattan department store in the 1990s.

Though the law gives employees of the federal government immunity from most defamation lawsuits, legal experts said it has rarely, if ever, been used before to protect a president, especially for actions taken before he entered office.

“The question is,” said Steve Vladeck, a University of Texas law professor, “is it really within the scope of the law for government lawyers to defend someone accused of lying about a rape when he wasn’t even president yet?”

The motion also effectively protects Mr. Trump from any embarrassing disclosures in the middle of his campaign for re-election..

....Ms. Carroll’s lawyer said in a statement issued Tuesday evening that the Justice Department’s move to intervene in the case was a “shocking” attempt to bring the resources of the United States government to bear on a private legal matter.

This just shows how Trump is using the powers of the presidency for personal use. The DOJ now is truly Trump’s private law firm. Incredible. I mean here is the DOJ being blatantly used for political purposes. It is just another sign that the presidency under Trump is looking more Putinesque than Jeffersonian.

Ironically Trump’s action lend credibility to the lawsuit as he is doing everything in his power to cover up the rape and suppress evidence.
What rape?

This woman is a fake.
She's not even as convincing as the drunk they used against Kavanaugh.

Funny how Trump loving assholes call a renowned professor a drunk in a case involving a guy who was a sloppy drunk while in college.

Funny how all these women accusing Trump are fake.

But why are taxpayers covering his legal fees when there is nothing here that involves his office>

Why do you assdsfucks think this is OK?

Kinda funny she waited 20 years to pursue the case. Just makes it look like what it is. Some harpy looking for her 15 minutes of fame.

If it was rape then she should have reported it 20 years ago. Anyone who believes this story is dumber than a box of rocks.

The metoo movement gave courage to a lot of women to speak up.

20 years?? LOL You can bet your ass if it were me I'd have had the police there that very day. No one waits 20 years to report a rape. A liar would though.

Women are afraid to yell rape because of assfucks like you who blame them.
I do? when did I do that? I wasn't near the woman. So she was afraid of the police to report it? the store as well? you're confused, again, I wasn't there.

20 years?? LOL You can bet your ass if it were me I'd have had the police there that very day. No one waits 20 years to report a rape. A liar would though.

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

any woman with integrity reports an assault.

Yeah. And no other women entered the dressing room area. And Trump just knew they wouldn’t and wouldn’t hear a thing. Lol

Yiu guys are so ridiculous.

Yeah. And no other women entered the dressing room area. And Trump just knew they wouldn’t and wouldn’t hear a thing. Lol

Yiu guys are so ridiculous.
common sense is not in their vocabulary

This just shows how Trump is using the powers of the presidency for personal use. The DOJ now is truly Trump’s private law firm. Incredible. I mean here is the DOJ being blatantly used for political purposes. It is just another sign that the presidency under Trump is looking more Putinesque than Jeffersonian.

What rape?

This woman is a fake.
If it is a fake why is he using the DOJ to defend himself. Looks like an admission to me.
I think bringing frivolous lawsuits against the president for political purposes shouldn't be let go. I think bringing charges against these people would end the practice. They can prove this woman committed perjury. They can prove she was paid by Democrats to make false accusations. Trump shouldn't have to pay for this crap.

What rape?

This woman is a fake.

Funny how Trump loving assholes call a renowned professor a drunk in a case involving a guy who was a sloppy drunk while in college.

Funny how all these women accusing Trump are fake.

But why are taxpayers covering his legal fees when there is nothing here that involves his office>

Why do you assdsfucks think this is OK?

Kinda funny she waited 20 years to pursue the case. Just makes it look like what it is. Some harpy looking for her 15 minutes of fame.

If it was rape then she should have reported it 20 years ago. Anyone who believes this story is dumber than a box of rocks.

The metoo movement gave courage to a lot of women to speak up.

If it's a child....i can see it.

Wasn't Biden accused of rape?? Seems to me I remember seeing that on the board. Wonder why the lefty loons aren't screaming about that??

Wasn't Biden accused of rape?? Seems to me I remember seeing that on the board. Wonder why the lefty loons aren't screaming about that??
What is happening in this case is where Trump is trying to use sovereign immunity to protect his personal behavior.

What is happening in this case is where Trump is trying to use sovereign immunity to protect his personal behavior.

From a supposed 20 year old rape?? Don't make me laugh. If it were me I'd have reported the rape immediately. Only a liar waits 20 years.

Oh and your sure that Trump asked Barr to do something??

Last edited:

This just shows how Trump is using the powers of the presidency for personal use. The DOJ now is truly Trump’s private law firm. Incredible. I mean here is the DOJ being blatantly used for political purposes. It is just another sign that the presidency under Trump is looking more and more Putinesque.

You mean like obama using the FBI, CIA, DOJ, and State Department to spy on Trump? Or biden using his office to help his drug addict son a 1.5 billion dollar deal with the Chinese communists?

Your outrage should have been going during obama/biden.......

We’ve never had a sitting president attacked by the Democrats since Abraham Lincoln

You mean except for obama and clinton...right?

What rape?

This woman is a fake.
If it is a fake why is he using the DOJ to defend himself. Looks like an admission to me.

The last time we had a case like this was Clinton...did the DoJ handle it then?

Forum List

Back