Atlanta Mayor Signs Executive Order Against Governor Kemp's Voting Bill in a Giant Middle-Finger to the GOP - Political War in Georgia Begins

On Tuesday afternoon, Bottoms issued an Administrative Order directing the City’s Chief Equity Officer to implement a series of actions to diminish what her office called “new voting restrictions” imposed by Senate Bill 202. Her office stated these actions will ensure every Atlanta resident can exercise their right to vote.

“The voting restrictions of SB 202 will disproportionately impact Atlanta residents—particularly in communities of color and other minority groups,” Bottoms said in a statement. “This Administrative Order is designed to do what those in the majority of the state legislature did not—expand access to our right to vote.”

The order will enact efforts to develop a plan within the city’s authority to expand opportunity and access to the ballot box, according to the mayor’s office.
The plan involves training staff members on voter registration and general information on early, absentee, and in-person voting. The city staff will provide that information to residents to ensure people know how to obtain the identification required for absentee voting.
The city is also developing plans to provide information on voter registration and absentee voting using water bills, QR Codes, and weblinks to city websites, according to the statement.
The order also seeks coordination with business and community leaders to create Public Service Announcements to explain the newest voting related deadlines and timelines.

UYIO62KOYHRYTCDOUGOBF3XODM.JPG

The Mayor is now fighting the Governor. It's Atlanta versus the rest of the state. This means all-out political war!
This is going to end up in the courts and those republicans know it...their hope I'm thinking is that the heavy conservative SCOTUS will rule in their favor and validate their Jim Crow restrictions.

Why are you such a racist? Why do you want to deny, belittle, and demean what black people went through after the Civil War? You should be ashamed to be such a racial hater, Jethro.
What in my post makes you think I'm a racist??

Already explained that in MY post, Jethro. They must not encourage any of that reading stuff at your Klan meetings.
Please point out exactly where in this post do I deny, belittle and demean black people.. 'This is going to end up in the courts and those republicans know it...their hope I'm thinking is that the heavy conservative SCOTUS will rule in their favor and validate their Jim Crow restrictions.'
Asking for ID is a Jim Crow restriction? Idiot.

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

She's great - and a potential future star. FUK Kemp and his ilk, they can't mandate what goes on in Fulton County!
Yes they can, and they did.
Yes they can Jim Crow the county, and they did.
Still waiting for you to quote the statute......

Me too, he obviously ignored reading the new law.

He will play evasive games because he is a victim of partisanship where the party dictates propaganda orders that must be followed, truth be dammed!

On Tuesday afternoon, Bottoms issued an Administrative Order directing the City’s Chief Equity Officer to implement a series of actions to diminish what her office called “new voting restrictions” imposed by Senate Bill 202. Her office stated these actions will ensure every Atlanta resident can exercise their right to vote.

“The voting restrictions of SB 202 will disproportionately impact Atlanta residents—particularly in communities of color and other minority groups,” Bottoms said in a statement. “This Administrative Order is designed to do what those in the majority of the state legislature did not—expand access to our right to vote.”

The order will enact efforts to develop a plan within the city’s authority to expand opportunity and access to the ballot box, according to the mayor’s office.
The plan involves training staff members on voter registration and general information on early, absentee, and in-person voting. The city staff will provide that information to residents to ensure people know how to obtain the identification required for absentee voting.
The city is also developing plans to provide information on voter registration and absentee voting using water bills, QR Codes, and weblinks to city websites, according to the statement.
The order also seeks coordination with business and community leaders to create Public Service Announcements to explain the newest voting related deadlines and timelines.

The Mayor is now fighting the Governor. It's Atlanta versus the rest of the state. This means all-out political war!
This is going to end up in the courts and those republicans know it...their hope I'm thinking is that the heavy conservative SCOTUS will rule in their favor and validate their Jim Crow restrictions.

Why are you such a racist? Why do you want to deny, belittle, and demean what black people went through after the Civil War? You should be ashamed to be such a racial hater, Jethro.

Already explained that in MY post, Jethro. They must not encourage any of that reading stuff at your Klan meetings.
Please point out exactly where in this post do I deny, belittle and demean black people.. 'This is going to end up in the courts and those republicans know it...their hope I'm thinking is that the heavy conservative SCOTUS will rule in their favor and validate their Jim Crow restrictions.'

Nope, still misrepresenting what I said, and still putting yourself beneath the privilege of my notice.

Try harder.
Can't point any specific thing out in my post to substantiate your claim it was racist can you..

We won't be ignoring and jumping past the part where you misquoted what I said. And the more you try to pretend it away, the more obvious it is that 1) the misquoting was deliberate, and 2) you're a bigger racist than I thought you were.

Do they teach these sort of lame dodging tactics at those Klan meetings, Jethro? Is it before or after they burn the cross?

Mayor Signs Executive Order Against Governor
She can't do that. Every city and thus every mayor is subserviant to the laws of the governor, being a subset of the state. Put another way, a city mayor cannot supersede her state superior.

“The voting restrictions of SB 202 will disproportionately impact Atlanta residents—particularly in communities of color and other minority groups,”
Just when will ONE PERSON actually prove that?

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

She's great - and a potential future star. FUK Kemp and his ilk, they can't mandate what goes on in Fulton County!

He will play evasive games because he is a victim of partisanship where the party dictates propaganda orders that must be followed, truth be dammed!
Jim Crow laws were meant to keep the black population separate from the white population in relation to services and rights. 'Separate but equal' was the term they used to justify these laws. Placing as many hurdles as possible for the black population to vote was one tactic back in the day. The Civil Rights Act rectified that but these new laws passed by Georgia republicans is an attempt to resurrect some of those hurdles. It's not rocket science.

Asking for ID is a Jim Crow restriction? Idiot.

Of course it isn't. That's just Jethro's way of saying, "What those blacks went through wasn't so bad. They're just a bunch of whiners. But the bosses say we have to play up to 'em to get 'em to vote for us." It's kinda like the low-rent, white-trash version of LBJ's "We'll have them voting for us for 200 years".

It's also basically like Holocaust denial, except with black people instead of Jews.

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

Jim Crow laws were meant to keep the black population separate from the white population in relation to services and rights. 'Separate but equal' was the term they used to justify these laws. Placing as many hurdles as possible for the black population to vote was one tactic back in the day. The Civil Rights Act rectified that but these new laws passed by Georgia republicans is an attempt to resurrect some of those hurdles. It's not rocket science.
Quote the part of this law that makes it “Jim Crow”.

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

More of Jethro's "Eh, black people have never really had it that bad, but if I pretend I'm outraged for them, they'll keep voting for Democrats."

I'm curious. Do you also tell Jews they didn't have it so bad during World War II, or is it just black people you're racist against?

Mayor Signs Executive Order Against Governor
She can't do that. Every city and thus every mayor is subserviant to the laws of the governor, being a subset of the state. Put another way, a city mayor cannot supersede her state superior.

“The voting restrictions of SB 202 will disproportionately impact Atlanta residents—particularly in communities of color and other minority groups,”
Just when will ONE PERSON actually prove that?
its here

In otherwords,she is saying that she will ignore the laws and do as she pleases to ensure voter fraud. State law trumps city law last I look. The governor should use his power to go after her.

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

Still waiting for the quotes from the new law that supports your assertion that it is a form of Jim crow law.

You have been asked repeatedly by several people, yet you reply with evasions and bullshit.

Waiting
waiting
waiting

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

Still waiting for the quotes from the new law that supports your assertion that it is a form of Jim crow law.

You have been asked repeatedly by several people, yet you reply with evasions and bullshit.

Waiting
waiting
waiting
Give you a one word hint...disenfranchisement.

its here

Long on cheap talk, short on proof. But the point is well made: Basically, minorities are too dumb to vote.

If I wait until election day to look for a place to cast my vote and still don't know, I probably ain't too bright on the political issues neither!

We have 330 million in this country. Of that, maybe 50-75 million are well informed on the candidates and issues. We can thank the MSM for that.

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

Waiting
waiting
waiting
Hey stupid, nobody is asking for hints. We are looking for actual text from the statute.

Just admit you are full of shit and move on. Your handlers really fucked you on this one, Dumbass.

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

Waiting
waiting
waiting

:auiqs.jpg:

You have nothing then.

I give YOU one hint.... brainwashed

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

Waiting
waiting
waiting

:auiqs.jpg:

You have nothing then.

I give YOU one hint.... brainwashed
That would be a quick rinse....

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

Democrats think it takes rocket science to get an ID. That is a lie and ID is not racist it is simply ID.

This idiot is gonna get rid of the drop boxes this bill requires?
and those first time ever Sunday voting days
Why are these racist pushing that blacks can't get an ID when that is a lie
What is it about showing who you are and legally allowed to vote that brings fear to democrats?
apppparently Xiden and the Dems thinking opening voting on sundays is resurrecting Jim Crow

Good for Mayor Bottoms.

Democrats think it takes rocket science to get an ID. That is a lie and ID is not racist it is simply ID.
no dems are just racist and think minorities are too stupid to get an ID.

Forum List

Back