Ask a Catholic

Do you believe that the third Fatima secret published by the Vatican in 2000, was actually the full content, to quash speculation for political purposes. . .
My own opinion is that this third secret was kept secret far too long. I do admire Pope John Paul II to a great extent but he flat out used the words "should be sufficient". The reporter in me distrusts keeping things from an entire population. Trust is a two-way street. If we, the members of the Body of Christ, cannot be trusted, then how can our leaders?

Female Priests?
Why can’t they be ideal?
Jesus and the Apostles were male, and the Catholic Church (big on tradition) follows that tradition. Catholic women do an enormous amount in and for the Church. Men need to pull their share as well. ;)

We don't know if it is true that the Apostles were male. Mary Magdalene was the first to declare that Jesus had risen, and we don't know who made the designations of who should be counted among the Apostles. Whomever it was even counted Saul/Paul, who never met Jesus.

The question as to why can't female priests be ideal is a fair one, and "tradition" is inadequate to explain the reason why women cannot be priests.

Also, I wonder why birth control must be "natural." Humans are tool users, and every advancement in technology helps us to solve problems. Whether "natural" birth control or birth-control technology is being used, the couple's intent not to conceive is still the same.

What the Hell is the Holy Ghost?
The Father is associated with Creator.
The Son is associated with the Word.
The Holy Spirit is (very roughly) is the conduit between Father and Son.

Please keep in mind this is roughly. We can spend three threads on this. :)
That's what a Jehovah Witness told me but doesn't make sense.
Female Priests?
Why can’t they be ideal?
Jesus and the Apostles were male, and the Catholic Church (big on tradition) follows that tradition. Catholic women do an enormous amount in and for the Church. Men need to pull their share as well. ;)
Who do you think wrote Hebrews?

( I say pricilla, if you read the bible Paul says her name first then Aquila, the Catholics tried to white wash woman out)
Who wrote Kings?
I don't care about kings I have been researching Hebrews for three years now and it's between pricilla, Aquila and apolos , I say pricilla

Do you believe that the third Fatima secret published by the Vatican in 2000, was actually the full content, to quash speculation for political purposes. . .
My own opinion is that this third secret was kept secret far too long. I do admire Pope John Paul II to a great extent but he flat out used the words "should be sufficient". The reporter in me distrusts keeping things from an entire population. Trust is a two-way street. If we, the members of the Body of Christ, cannot be trusted, then how can our leaders?
. . . so? You actually believe what the Vatican published is the truth then? :rolleyes:

OH, wait. Another one. What are your thoughts on "Marianismo" and the impact that Catholicism had on the Hispanic culture?
I'm not asking you to defend something or have a perfect/right answer. It is what it is, right?

Also, I wonder why birth control must be "natural." Humans are tool users, and every advancement in technology helps us to solve problems. Whether "natural" birth control or birth-control technology is being used, the couple's intent not to conceive is still the same.

The Catholic Church thinks sex is dirty.
They think having sex for fun is a sin so they insist the possibility of conception remain

If you read the bible women are not even allowed to talk in church, I got so mad one time at communion in a Catholic church, when a girl tried to give me the cookie...I refused.
You were right to refuse the "cookie". The Eucharist cannot even be compared to a cookie. Women talking in Church is one of those greatly misunderstood passages. Basically what was being addressed is that women were questioning their husbands about what was going on during the service. Couples were told that men should explain the service to their wives before (or after) the service. Think of it in terms of asking a football fan to explain the rudiments of football while he is trying to follow an exciting play. Or, asking about the rudiments of music while the orchestra is playing.

Female Priests?
Why can’t they be ideal?

We don't know if it is true that the Apostles were male. Mary Magdalene was the first to declare that Jesus had risen, and we don't know who made the designations of who should be counted among the Apostles. Whomever it was even counted Saul/Paul, who never met Jesus.

The question as to why can't female priests be ideal is a fair one, and "tradition" is inadequate to explain the reason why women cannot be priests.

The 12 are named in the bible, and a apostle is just a dicisiple (spl?) And the bible names women as one of them.. Tabitha I know for sue

Who wrote Kings?
A Rabbi would be better qualified to answer Old Testament questions. I don't know all who contributed to Kings, but it appears it went through a few edits. It was written about 600 BC.

Because that’s the way it is
Not really. As I said, it is the ideal, and the reason it is the ideal is that Catholic faith teaches that life is God's greatest gift to us. As such, we learn that we should place the highest value on life--all life.

If you read the bible women are not even allowed to talk in church, I got so mad one time at communion in a Catholic church, when a girl tried to give me the cookie...I refused.
You were right to refuse the "cookie". The Eucharist cannot even be compared to a cookie. Women talking in Church is one of those greatly misunderstood passages. Basically what was being addressed is that women were questioning their husbands about what was going on during the service. Couples were told that men should explain the service to their wives before (or after) the service. Think of it in terms of asking a football fan to explain the rudiments of football while he is trying to follow an exciting play. Or, asking about the rudiments of music while the orchestra is playing.
Now that's spin, Paul clearly states women are not allowed to talk in church now ask me if I think Paul is just another Muhammad or joesph smith
or

What spin, Paul clearly states women can not talk in church, what's next you going to tell me Mathew 6:6 is always taken out of context or Jesus came from the tribe of Benjamin?

Because that’s the way it is
Not really. As I said, it is the ideal, and the reason it is the ideal is that Catholic faith teaches that life is God's greatest gift to us. As such, we learn that we should place the highest value on life--all life.
What is ideal about condemning a woman who divorces because her husband cheats on her and beats her?
What is ideal about saying she cannot remarry?

1. Why is the RCC against Science? It seems to me that if you develop a drug to treat any condition, that's basically a good thing.
On the contrary, Catholic priests were some of our earliest scientists. The Church's focus is not on science, but on religious philosophies. Science is a welcome, but different, department. They have their own experts.

Who wrote Kings?
A Rabbi would be better qualified to answer Old Testament questions. I don't know all who contributed to Kings, but it appears it went through a few edits. It was written about 600 BC.
I think I saw a Rabbi in the milk area of Giant Eagle dressed up in robes inspecting the milk, and he smiled at me. All Rabbi's descend from Solomon.

Last edited:
Except nothing in the bible says they have to be celibate. the reason why the Church does that, is because they want to control any property a priest might accumulate.
The Bible does touch on it. Jesus himself said some forego sex for the sake of the Kingdom. Paul also mentioned not marrying. However, it did not become mandatory for a few hundred years when there were conflicts over what belonged to the Church and what belonged to the family.

We do know the Twelve Apostles were male. We also know there were plenty of women disciples. 'Apostle' means one who is sent forth. While Paul is not numbered among the Twelve, he was "sent forth"....Apostle to the Gentiles.

Shrug. It is not that women are incapable of being priests. It is more that men should step up and take on this responsibility. Women do enough, even more than enough. Men can at least do this.

Forum List

Back