Ask a Catholic

Why does Catholics have unleavened bread and Eastern orthodox have leavened bread? (I never could understand it)
Catholics use unleavened bread as that is what is partaken on Passover. It is my understanding that Eastern Orthodox uses leavened (living) bread. Christ is risen; bread rises.

Do you personally agree with that doctrine?
Most American Catholics don’t.
I do because the doctrine is the ideal. It is the perfection for which we are called to reach. It appears there are many who cannot reach the ideal. This does not mean the ideal should not exist.

What is your position regarding the claims of Carlo Maria Viganò?

I do because the doctrine is the ideal. It is the perfection for which we are called to reach. It appears there are many who cannot reach the ideal. This does not mean the ideal should not exist.
Female Priests?
Why can’t they be ideal?

Carlo Maria Viganò
I have no in depth information. However, personally I believe him to be a man of great ethics, a man of courage. He is not afraid of shining a light on what is wrong and rooting it out. He reminds me of a few great men who lived during the Reformation periods, working to reform the Church.

Female Priests?
Why can’t they be ideal?
Jesus and the Apostles were male, and the Catholic Church (big on tradition) follows that tradition. Catholic women do an enormous amount in and for the Church. Men need to pull their share as well. ;)

Female Priests?
Why can’t they be ideal?
You never read the bible like you never read the constitution
Where in the Bible does it say anything about Female Priests?

Female Priests?
Why can’t they be ideal?
Jesus and the Apostles were male, and the Catholic Church (big on tradition) follows that tradition. Catholic women do an enormous amount in and for the Church. Men need to pull their share as well. ;)
Who do you think wrote Hebrews?

( I say pricilla, if you read the bible Paul says her name first then Aquila, the Catholics tried to white wash woman out)

Do you believe that the third Fatima secret published by the Vatican in 2000, was actually the full content, to quash speculation for political purposes. . .

"The third part of the secret revealed at the Cova da Iria-Fátima, on 13 July 1917.
I write in obedience to you, my God, who command me to do so through his Excellency the Bishop of Leiria and through your Most Holy Mother and mine.
After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: 'Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: 'something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White 'we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God."

. . or, do you believe there was a political reason behind the version published, because the Church is in grave danger, and that the comments made by Pope John Paul II in October of '81 more accurately reflect the reality of the situation?

In a 1980 interview for the German magazine Stimme des Glaubens published in October 1981, John Paul II was asked explicitly to speak about the third secret. He said:[excessive quote]

". . . . Because of the seriousness of its contents, in order not to encourage the world wide power of Communism to carry out certain coups, my predecessors in the chair of Peter have diplomatically preferred to withhold its publication. On the other hand, it should be sufficient for all Christians to know this much: if there is a message in which it is said that the oceans will flood entire sections of the earth; that, from one moment to the other, millions of people will perish... there is no longer any point in really wanting to publish this secret message. Many want to know merely out of curiosity, or because of their taste for sensationalism, but they forget that 'to know' implies for them a responsibility. It is dangerous to want to satisfy one's curiosity only, if one is convinced that we can do nothing against a catastrophe that has been predicted." He held up his rosary and stated "Here is the remedy against this evil. Pray, pray and ask for nothing else. Put everything in the hands of the Mother of God." Asked what would happen in the Church, he said: "We must be prepared to undergo great trials in the not-too-distant future; trials that will require us to be ready to give up even our lives, and a total gift of self to Christ and for Christ. Through your prayers and mine, it is possible to alleviate this tribulation, but it is no longer possible to avert it, because it is only in this way that the Church can be effectively renewed. How many times, indeed, has the renewal of the Church been effected in blood? This time, again, it will not be otherwise. We must be strong, ... we must entrust ourselves to Christ and to His holy Mother, and we must be attentive, very attentive, to the prayer of the Rosary."[31]"

Female Priests?
Why can’t they be ideal?
You never read the bible like you never read the constitution
Where in the Bible does it say anything about Female Priests?
If you read the bible women are not even allowed to talk in church, I got so mad one time at communion in a Catholic church, when a girl tried to give me the cookie...I refused.

What the Hell is the Holy Ghost?
The Father is associated with Creator.
The Son is associated with the Word.
The Holy Spirit is (very roughly) is the conduit between Father and Son.

Please keep in mind this is roughly. We can spend three threads on this. :)
That's what a Jehovah Witness told me but doesn't make sense.
Female Priests?
Why can’t they be ideal?

( I say pricilla, if you read the bible Paul says her name first then Aquila, the Catholics tried to white wash woman out)
Who wrote Kings?

Do you REALLY oppose..

Birth Control
Divorce
Priest and Nuns marriage and celibacy
1. Natural birth control is not a problem.
2. Divorce isn't the issue. A second marriage is not condoned.
3. Men who are married before joining the priesthood is not an issue. Once had a priest who had five children. Eastern Orthodox are more lenient, but I am not sure of their rules.
Translation

Because that’s the way it is

1. Natural birth control is not a problem.
2. Divorce isn't the issue. A second marriage is not condoned.
3. Men who are married before joining the priesthood is not an issue. Once had a priest who had five children. Eastern Orthodox are more lenient, but I am not sure of their rules.

1. Why is the RCC against Science? It seems to me that if you develop a drug to treat any condition, that's basically a good thing.
2. Why should you pay forever for a mistake. Now, this is one of those things I get pretty upset about. My Uncle divorced my Aunt and ran off with his trophy wife. Well, at his funeral, the "flamboyant" priest actually praised the Trophy Wife. Burn. why? Because he donated a lot of money to the church.
Meanwhile, at my Brother in Law's funeral, the priest couldn't even remember his name without checking his notes, even though he had been a member of that Parish for something like 50 years, got married and dipped both his kids at that church.
3. Again- this is some crazy stuff. Sure, we'll let you keep a wife if you are defecting from another church and bringing more suckers... I mean parishioners with you. But if you are a regular Catholic who is married, you can't take Holy Orders. If you have hopes of getting married some day, you can't take Holy Orders.

And then they wonder why they get pedophiles signing up.

Jesus and the Apostles were male, and the Catholic Church (big on tradition) follows that tradition. Catholic women do an enormous amount in and for the Church. Men need to pull their share as well.

Except nothing in the bible says they have to be celibate. the reason why the Church does that, is because they want to control any property a priest might accumulate.

Wasn't that corrected long ago? The author could be Priscilla. Other possibilities are Barnabas, Apollos, or Aquila. I like Barnabas, but that doesn't mean he wrote Hebrews. :)

Wasn't that corrected long ago? The author could be Priscilla. Other possibilities are Barnabas, Apollos, or Aquila. I like Barnabas, but that doesn't mean he wrote Hebrews. :)
That works for me, can I quote you?

Forum List

Back