As a Christian, what does winning look like?

Mixing religion and politics creates something far more corrupt than the sum of it's parts.

Even back in Jesus day religion and politics were mixed.. The burning issues of the first century were Roman oppression and Roman law.

Go fuck your whore mother.
Another solid Trumpian response.

Are you a Christian, Trumpster?
Why would you care when you already stated you are not a believer. You are a simpleton troll.

In the wake of the political turmoil, with many Christians despairing recent election results, what does winning look like from a Biblical perspective?

Keep in mind, this book records the lives of God fearing men and women over the millennia. It is a story of record of unbelievable oppression and suffering and death for those who decide to follow God, as well as some worldly success. It is like Job. There he is a rich man, then it all is taken from him, including his health, but he remains firm in his faith and his worldly success and wealth is restored.

So at what point was Job winning or losing in life, or was he always winning, always on the right path despite his sufferings?

I would just encourage Christians to keep in mind that political power does not equate success and winning to a Christian. In fact, I can't really think of any Biblical examples of political power equating a winning Christian existence. No, just the opposite is true in the Bible. Just look at the political power of David and Solomon. It eventually resulted in corruption and a horrible down fall because power corrupts.
If one really looks at it all if you are talking about the LARP of Jan.6th. I'd saying snagging laptops was a big win. Watching those with wickedness who have shown their true colors panic so much that they start banning and deleting accounts on social media is a loss but yet a win because it lets those with even the minuscule amount of common sense know that it can very easily happen to them too; and the information flowing is massive if you have the Spirit with you to see it.

Mixing religion and politics creates something far more corrupt than the sum of it's parts.

Even back in Jesus day religion and politics were mixed.. The burning issues of the first century were Roman oppression and Roman law.
Jesus was primarily rebelling against the secular authority of the temple. Their heavy taxation and draconian laws seemed to gall him far more than the Romans.

Why would you care when you already stated you are not a believer. You are a simpleton troll.
So you defend it. No surprise.
Defend what? You need to be very specific here because there were a lot of things that went on at the capital on the 6th. Innocent people who were not causing any issues were sprayed. Some hooligans dressed as Trump supporters broke things (no I do not condone that).
Some LARPing went on and certain key things were snagged that the LARPERS got. Someone called on antifa to be there and I don't think that was the president. BLM guy from Utah was also there in the capital and again I do not think Trump called him there either. Rambunctious gave a detailed description of being there first hand and he said Trump's supporters started leaving when the violence started. You an yours can lie all you want about the president calling for violence but he never did. Hell Twitter even banned him when he told the people there to support him in a video to go home in peace.

Now that is all I will respond to you on this matter because I see you as nothing more than a loser fucking troll at this time and I will not waste my time posting to you further.

Last edited:

Jesus was primarily rebelling against the secular authority of the temple. Their heavy taxation and draconian laws seemed to gall him far more than the Romans.

The money changers were Jews.. What taxation are you talking about? The moneychangers were taking a fee to change Roman coins in to Shekels . They were cheating the poor who had to buy animals and birds for sacrifices.

The Romans did tax the Jews. They also had the right to strike a Jew, take his cloak or make the Jew carry any soldier's pack a mile.

Defend what? You need to be very specific here because there were a lot of things that went on at the capital on the 6th. Innocent people who were not causing any issues were sprayed. Some hooligans dressed as Trump supporters broke things (no I do not condone that).
Some LARPing went on and certain key things were snagged that the LARPERS got. Someone called on antifa to be their and I don't think that was the president. BLM guy from Utah was also there in the capital and again I do not think Trump called him there either. Rambunctious gave a detailed description of being there first hand and he said Trump's supporters started leaving when the violence started. You an yours can lie all you want about the president calling for violence but he never did. Hell Twitter even banned him when he told the people there to support him in a video to go home in peace.

Now that is all I will respond to you on this matter because I see you as nothing more than a loser fucking troll at this time and I will not waste my time posting to you further.

Trump told the rioters We love you. You're special.

Some LARPing went on and certain key things were snagged that the LARPERS got. Someone called on antifa to be their and I don't think that was the president. BLM guy from Utah was also there in the capital and again I do not think Trump called him there either. Rambunctious gave a detailed description of being there first hand and he said Trump's supporters started leaving when the violence started. You an yours can lie all you want about the president calling for violence but he never did. Hell Twitter even banned him when he told the people there to support him in a video to go home in peace.

You say it your claim so you need to actually prove it.

The money changers were Jews.. What taxation are you talking about? The moneychangers were taking a fee to change Roman coins in to Shekels . They were cheating the poor who had to buy animals and birds for sacrifices.

The Romans did tax the Jews. They also had the right to strike a Jew, take his cloak or make the Jew carry any soldier's pack a mile.
The bible has Jesus confronting Hebrew authority figures and Pharisees far more than Romans. The Romans are depicted as being far more fair-minded than the Jews that ultimately demanded his execution.

In the wake of the political turmoil, with many Christians despairing recent election results, what does winning look like from a Biblical perspective?
Jesus taught us to focus on our own small community, and the people who come into our lives. We keep peace and love in our small world, build that, while the political world rages outside. We are immune while kingdoms and nations rise and fall. We can exist anywhere.

Next election: We weigh our options and vote what we believe will be best for the outside world, knowing full well it is filled with those who are out for the blood of anyone who crosses them. We return to our own small community and there make life worth living, becoming the best of who we, individually, can be.

The bible has Jesus confronting Hebrew authority figures and Pharisees far more than Romans. The Romans are depicted as being far more fair-minded than the Jews that ultimately demanded his execution.

Well, there were five Jewish factions fighting each other and the Romans. The Herodians were cooperative with the Romans.. The Essenes left town. The Pharisees and Sadducees supported the Romans in varying degrees. The Zealots wanted to throw the Roman occupiers out .. and the Sicarri killed Romans and Jews alike.

More accurately, he told those listening, "We love you. You're special." Keep in mind 99% of those listening did not break into the Capitol. (Psst. If Trump is to blame for the hundreds to illegally entered the Capitol, he must also be given credit for the great majority who did not.)

Jesus taught us to focus on our own small community, and the people who come into our lives. We keep peace and love in our small world, build that, while the political world rages outside. We are immune while kingdoms and nations rise and fall. We can exist anywhere.

Next election: We weigh our options and vote what we believe will be best for the outside world, knowing full well it is filled with those who are out for the blood of anyone who crosses them. We return to our own small community and there make life worth living, becoming the best of who we, individually, can be.

In the Sermon on the Mount Jesus teaches passive resistance to shame the enemy.

Yes.. Jesus is teaching them how to cope with Roman occupation... to shame the enemy.
There was more to "turning the other cheek". A normal slap to the cheek was from a superior to an inferior. By simply offering the other cheek, then it would be for a backhanded slap, the slap that was used between equals. The same is true of going the extra mile. A person being treated as a slave, was required to go the mile. A free person could go longer.

I see it not as teaching how to shame; rather that even the poor are free--and equal.

Trump supporters think of the murder and attacks on the capitol,
Like this one?

Anyone can see the footage. Ashli Babbitt was a young woman at Wednesday’s protests. She had no weapon, not even a stick. There were armed police in front of her and behind her. She posed no danger to anyone. Still, a police officer, apparently black, shot and killed her.
Her name was Ashli Babbitt
She and thousands more stormed the capital building while in session causing our leaders to cower in fear for the purpose of over throwing an election. Come through my door with a mob leave in a bag. You are no different. Storm my office with a mob, leave in a bag. Implied risk make me fear for my life you put your life in danger.

Amen OP, I hope your post takes into account that BOTH sides of the political spectrum has Christians.

Why is there such foul language used in the section that's supposed to be concerning spiritual matters?

Do some have absolutely NO restraint at all?!!??

Forum List

Back