As a Christian, what does winning look like?

... But we later see the same confusion as Constantine decided to create a theocracy ...

Constantine made exactly the opposite. He introduced again the freedom of religion.

And a question: What is your personal reason for your unbelievable hate against Catholics and Jews?
Naturally, you assume that being conservative I'm a racist and consumed with color of ones skin, hate Jews, and hate Catholics

"Naturally" I feel your hate like a very big stone in a landscape. And you are not conservative in my eyes.

Unbelievable, but that is what all stereotypical democrats

I have absolutelly nothing to do with the political party "the democrats" of the USA - nor do I have anything to do with the political party "the republicans" of the USA - although I am on my own as well a republican and a democrat.

think of those they don't see eye to eye with politically, much like a nervous reflex.

You speak with a walrus about the life of penguins now.

I hate none of them.

Sure. Hate is by the way no emotion. Hate is the will do destroy something so this destruction will be irreversible - or with other words: Hate makes someone to a slave of evilness and death.

As I said, Jesus was not Caucasian he was a Jew and my Lord and Savior.

Jesus is a Caucasian. And to reach Bethlehem is only a little distance. No need to try to find a lost heart where it was lost - go some miles through the Caucasus and you will reach Bethlehem, where your heart lies in a manger.

As for hating Catholics, I don't.

Nice. And who is the poor guy, who believes you?

I merely point out the toxic mix of politics and religion, a time when Popes told kings what to do.

And kings - and also plebs - told popes what to do. Conflicts between kings and bishops or popes and emperors are nothing else then the way in history to find the right form of separation of state and religion. And let me say: The Commies fro example lost this separation by making atheism to their state religion. And this danger of a state religion "atheism" is also existing in the USA.

During that time, there was a horrific oppression towards Jews,

What's in this "absolutistic" form a nonsense sentence - but I don't discuss this with idiots - that's you now - , who don't have any idea, what they try to speak about in this context. I am by the way a Catholic who has also Jewish ancestors. And if you like to say something to me about this theme then be aware to use an excellent knowledge in this context - anything else is a waste of time. I'm used to check out facts. Don't try to tell me lies.

or towards those who believed that the universe did not revolve around the earth,

What a luck that you don't have prejudices. It was by the way a Catholic clerics - Nikolaus Kopernikus - who found this out. And it was also a Catholic clerics - Georges Lemaitre - who found out that the universe expands. And for Christians it is absolutelly no problem to think to turn around god as the Earth turns around the sun - or to think the universe is a place where every point is always only in the middle of the universe - as we are in the middle of god and god is in the middle of us.

or pretty much any thinking that ran contrary to the PC police.

?

Yea, some freedom under the statist

?

Constantine who never even converted to Christianity.

Exactly. Emperor Constantin was a heathen. It is said his mother Helena and/or his wife Fausta had been Christians.

I reckon today it is preferable to get cancelled from society and lose your job for offending the PC left than it was to get burned at the stake, so maybe we are getting better at this.

You are totally weird. What do you say here? That you live in fear of what?

Again, I don't hate Catholics. In fact, I've known quite a few who seem to be very good Christians. But to turn a blind eye to the horrific abuses inflicted upon society that stemmed from the Catholic church is laughable. It is akin to Jesus calling the religious leaders during his day a brood of vipers and hypocrites. Did Jesus hate Jews? No. Did Jesus hate Judaism and the Temple? No. But to ignore the evil done in the name of God and religion conducted by those Jewish religious leaders was intolerable, because people look at it and think God is like that. Christ hated the hypocrisy and evil done in the name of God and so should you. So as we see, some hate is needed to be good. Hating evil is a requirement to be holy.

So what abuses that I am about to list do you think never happened?

1. In 337 Christian Emperor Constantius created a law which made the marriage of a Jewish man to a Christian punishable by death

2. In 380 the bishop of Milan was responsible for the burning of Synagogues.

3. In 415 the Bishop of Alexandria, St. Cyril, expelled the Jews from the city.

4. In 551 the bishop of Uzes expelled Jews from his diocese in France

5. In Spain in 613, Jews were given the option of either converting to Christianity or have they children taken from them and given a Christian education.

6. In 1099 Crusaders forced all of the Jews in Jerusalem into a central synagogue and set fire to it.

7. In 1146 the Second Crusade began. A French monk, Rudolf, called for the destruction of the Jews.

8. In 1215, the Fourth Lateran Council approved cannon laws requiring that Jews and Muslims should wear a special dress. They also had to wear a badge in the form of a ring so they could be distinguished from Christians, so they could be treated accordingly.

9. In 1227 the Synod of Narbonne required Jews to wear an oval badge, which was later reinstated by the Nazi regime.

10. In 1267, the Synod of Veinna ordered Jews to wear horned hats. Thomas Aquinas said that Jews should live in perpetual servitude.

11. In 1478, many Jews had converted to Christianity due to severe persecution from the church. The Spanish Inquisition was set up by the church in order to detect insincere conversions. I'll give you two guesses what happened to them if they were found to be insincere. Then laws were passed that prohibited the descendants of Jews or Muslims from attending a university, joining religious orders, or entering a long list of professions, even if they had converted to Christianity.

12. In 1555, a Roman Catholic Papal bull, ":Cum nimis absurdum", required Jews to wear badges and live in ghettos. They were not allowed to own property outside the ghetto. Living conditions were dreadful as 3,000 people were forced to live on about 8 acres of land.

I could go on, but why? I could have mentioned the countless pogroms that caused many Jews to be murdered. In short, everything that was done to Jews by Nazi Germany had already been done to the Jews by the Catholic church, only, on a much larger scale.

Speaking of Nazi Germany, the Catholic church refused to condemn the Holocaust publicly. Why? Condemning the Holocaust would have presented a big nightmare to the Third Reich because of the Christian influence of Germany over the years, but they refused to do so in order to save their precious Vatican and the treasures therein. It also saved their own necks as they all would have been rounded up and shot. But how many Jews could have been saved had they done just that? And what a wonderful example of courage of doing the right thing, despite the martyrdom that would have followed. It would have been a wonderful testimony to the rest of the world for Christ.

But today, they are no different. Even though abortion is considered mass genocide, they don't go around condemning it publicly. Instead, the Pope goes around giving sermons on the evils of building walls, a clear shot at Trump, and how they will all go to hell, or some such nonsense. They seem to be more interested in appeasing Left wing worldly governments than pleasing God once again.

So either they need to change the doctrine that abortion is mass genocide, or they need to act like they have a pulse and some moral fiber.

Shrug, some things never change.

Last edited:
Mixing religion and politics creates something far more corrupt than the sum of it's parts.
Well ..... you name religion and politics but actually, the thread is about Christianity and politics so let me put in my tuppence.

What is politics? It is a handful of men and women who swindle you out of your earnings (in the form of taxes) and feed you with lies that render you terrified of the consequences of an existence without them.

What is Christianity? It is a handful of men and women who swindle you out of your earnings (in the form of "donations") and feed you with superstition that renders you terrified of the consequences of an existence without them.

So "mixing" them, you say? Yeah, it's like being extorted by two rivalry streets gangs, both making guarantees to protect you from the other.
Sadly, you are not far off from a Biblical perspective

When Christ entered the world, we see how the politics of the day was. You had the oppressive Roman world dictatorship, and the religious leaders in Judaism who colluded with them. Neither the religious leaders, nor the Roman authorities, cared much about the people. Of course, there were exceptions like Nicodemus, but by in large all either was interested in was personal wealth, power, and prestige. Then enters Jesus. His teachings and healings created a rather significant following. This following made the political powers rather nervous because they rightly assessed it threatened their own power over them, so they approached him to see what he was all about. Unfortunately for them, he lashed out out at the religious leaders harshly. In fact, they were the only ones he lashed out at accusing them of hypocrisy and calling them out as to who they really were. You then had a political crisis of sorts. You have this poor carpenters son with a huge following and won't play ball with the political elites, so they hatch a plan to murder him. Interestingly, Christ defended the Temple where people worshiped God and where the religous leaders taught by driving out money changers in the Temple with a whip. For Christ, even though many of the religious leaders were corrupt he still defended the place of God as a place where people could still worship God and focus on God, much like how I view the modern day church. And remember, there are good cats in the church, just like Nicodemus who was a secret follower of Christ.

Humans are sadly political creatures as politics enters every crevice of our lives and ruins pretty much everything. As I have always said, looking at human history, at one point man claimed to be God in order to rule over others, but when that no longer worked man claimed only to speak for God, and when that no longer worked, man claimed that there was no God, thus making himself the ultimate authority once again. But Christ had others write about him and did not seek political power. In fact, after the miracle of the bread and fish, the crowd sought to make Christ a worldly king, but he rejected this offer and left them. The disciples were dumbfounded, not understanding that God's kingdom is not of this kingdom nor can be.

But we later see the same confusion as Constantine decided to create a theocracy, with all the evils that entered as we see in any sinful worldly political regime. You then had Inquisitions, the persecution of the Jews, the Crusades, blah, blah, blah. Yea, they forsook the admonition of Christ that his kingdom cannot be of this world. But Constantine was no Christian, let alone Biblical scholar. No, Constantine still worshiped the pagan gods and later even had his wife and son murdered in order to help secure his political power. For you see, Constantine embracing Christianity was a political calculated decision. He saw how it flourished despite Christians being thrown to the lions for hundreds of years prior, so he thought he could jump on the band wagon and benefit from its seeming success. Granted, it is rumored Constantine converted to Christianity on his death bed, or at least tried to have his cake and eat it too.

But his confusion about mixing the sinful politics of men, which is nothing more than the art of division to secure power over other groups of people, still continues as you see men like Warnock with the democrat party telling people that he speaks for Jesus and was elected.

I don't think Jesus was important to the Romans at all.. not even a blip on their radar.. He preached in the north around Galilee for 3 years and Antipas ignored him. He was safe there.

There were lots of prophets and malcontents in Palestine... lots of in-fighting among the Jewish factions.

The accusations against Jesus came from the Jews themselves.
You are correct, they cared nothing about Christ other than making sure he did not disrupt the peace. But seeing how Christ disrupted their political cohorts within the Jewish religious leaders, they gladly let them murder him to help keep the peace.

Let me say it this way: You speak with the wrong person. I am a German, a Catholic and have also Jewish ancestors and absolutelly not any motivation to correct all the stupid, hateful and simple minded empty nonsense, which you say. Real history is much more complex. And Jesus is not an anti-Semite and he is not an anti-Christian. You are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back