As a Christian, what does winning look like?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
In the wake of the political turmoil, with many Christians despairing recent election results, what does winning look like from a Biblical perspective?

Keep in mind, this book records the lives of God fearing men and women over the millennia. It is a story of record of unbelievable oppression and suffering and death for those who decide to follow God, as well as some worldly success. It is like Job. There he is a rich man, then it all is taken from him, including his health, but he remains firm in his faith and his worldly success and wealth is restored.

So at what point was Job winning or losing in life, or was he always winning, always on the right path despite his sufferings?

I would just encourage Christians to keep in mind that political power does not equate success and winning to a Christian. In fact, I can't really think of any Biblical examples of political power equating a winning Christian existence. No, just the opposite is true in the Bible. Just look at the political power of David and Solomon. It eventually resulted in corruption and a horrible down fall because power corrupts.

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

Matthew 25:40

Mixing religion and politics creates something far more corrupt than the sum of it's parts.
I do wonder what "Christian" Trump supporters think of the murder and attacks on the capitol, and the reports of more to come. Those who are in here saying we're getting what we deserve.

I saw many trying to blame it on others and not willing to accept any responsibility.

Mixing religion and politics creates something far more corrupt than the sum of it's parts.
I do wonder what "Christian" Trump supporters think of the murder and attacks on the capitol, and the reports of more to come. Those who are in here saying we're getting what we deserve.

I saw many trying to blame it on others and not willing to accept any responsibility.
Well, that's Trumpism.

In the wake of the political turmoil, with many Christians despairing recent election results, what does winning look like from a Biblical perspective?

Keep in mind, this book records the lives of God fearing men and women over the millennia. It is a story of record of unbelievable oppression and suffering and death for those who decide to follow God, as well as some worldly success. It is like Job. There he is a rich man, then it all is taken from him, including his health, but he remains firm in his faith and his worldly success and wealth is restored.

So at what point was Job winning or losing in life, or was he always winning, always on the right path despite his sufferings?

I would just encourage Christians to keep in mind that political power does not equate success and winning to a Christian. In fact, I can't really think of any Biblical examples of political power equating a winning Christian existence. No, just the opposite is true in the Bible. Just look at the political power of David and Solomon. It eventually resulted in corruption and a horrible down fall because power corrupts.
This is winning by Christians....which infuriates the prog slaves...for they never can find it.

background-of-people-smiling-4184.jpg

This is winning by Christians....which infuriates the prog slaves...for they never can find it.

thats not how they looked when they breached the capital.

Don't mistake right wing Christianity for religion. It is a political movement that uses faith as a control lever. History tells us that that Christians are all too willing to kill in the name of the lord.

Trump supporters think of the murder and attacks on the capitol,
Like this one?

Anyone can see the footage. Ashli Babbitt was a young woman at Wednesday’s protests. She had no weapon, not even a stick. There were armed police in front of her and behind her. She posed no danger to anyone. Still, a police officer, apparently black, shot and killed her.
Her name was Ashli Babbitt

I bet a lot of the violent ones are religious. They think they're fighting the devil. You may not take that shit seriously but they do.

Don't mistake right wing Christianity for religion. It is a political movement that uses faith as a control lever. History tells us that that Christians are all too willing to kill in the name of the lord.
Agreed.

I bet a lot of the violent ones are religious. They think they're fighting the devil. You may not take that shit seriously but they do.
Yep. American Jihadis. Doing God's work. It's "patriotic" to them.

My response is a general belief and not in response to a specific event.

Winning is liberty. To go where you want, to do as you please, to worship as you wish, to love who you want and to pursue your dreams and happiness without interference.

Anyone blocking that liberty is your enemy and doing the work of the devil. Though I firmly believe they will face their hell one day, it's in all of our power as humans, to always stand up for the principles that they try to destroy. To call it out and fight abuses.

To not do so, makes us complicit and the very enemy we are defying. Much of what is in the bible I've always found to be more subtle in interpretation. General themes are as important as specific interactions and stories.

Last edited:

Wrong.

The great majority of progressives are Christian – the Christian recently elected to the Senate in Georgia being one of countless examples.

Yep. American Jihadis. Doing God's work. It's "patriotic" to them.

Go fuck your whore mother.

Forum List

Back