Are you laughing or crying thinking about your upcoming family's Thanksgiving dinner?

Thanksgiving is an especially apt time to gather with family and remind each other of all we should be grateful for.

Veteran's Day is coming soon.....
I'm not grateful for much of anything.. have been feeling that way since January 2020

no mystery there

(OK, I am grateful for a few things..)

sensitive?

why do you call it that?

??

You are obviously thinking deeply about other people, their feelings. Just imagine how many people there are here who think about nothing but their own desires and the Holy Glowing Rectangles from which they download their opinions and beliefs.

You are obviously thinking deeply about other people, their feelings. Just imagine how many people there are here who think about nothing but their own desires and the Holy Glowing Rectangles from which they download their opinions and beliefs.
hmm.. I kind of laugh at the idea of someone calling me sensitive. I am of course.. at times, but didn't know it was showing.. or whatever

What are Holy Glowing Rectangles, pray tell? !

Today... it is nothing for first cousins to know nothing about each other than social media post.
Why would they want to spend the holidays with them?
well, that is sad.

I sometimes hate what O'Reilly called "the machines." Whatever happened to O'Reilly anyhow? I think he has some show somewhere.. but anyhow.. it really annoys me when i see people deep into their machines for long periods of time.. or their young kids are using them and parents use it for a baby sitter.. :(

well, that is sad.

I sometimes hate what O'Reilly called "the machines." Whatever happened to O'Reilly anyhow? I think he has some show somewhere.. but anyhow.. it really annoys me when i see people deep into their machines for long periods of time.. or their young kids are using them and parents use it for a baby sitter.. :(
It is to the point we are not going to participate in Halloween trick or treating next year.
Year after year... less and less and less kids. This year - we had two sets of kids! No one was out.
For many years we had so many kids we stayed on the porch. We would go through 7 or 8 large bags of candy.
This year... we gave away hardly a handful.
Also attributing to this is businesses hosting "trunk and treat" in parking lots. Where kids can go clean up in 5 minutes. More time for video gaming I suppose.

It is to the point we are not going to participate in Halloween trick or treating next year.
Year after year... less and less and less kids. This year - we had two sets of kids! No one was out.
For many years we had so many kids we stayed on the porch. We would go through 7 or 8 large bags of candy.
This year... we gave away hardly a handful.
Also attributing to this is businesses hosting "trunk and treat" in parking lots. Where kids can go clean up in 5 minutes. More time for video gaming I suppose.
In more urban areas a lot of stores give out candy so parents take their kids around the downtown. It's a little awkward to trick or treat in apartment buildings.

In more urban areas a lot of stores give out candy so parents take their kids around the downtown. It's a little awkward to trick or treat in apartment buildings.
Of course.
I am not in an urban area.
When we moved into town in the late 90s... holy cow... we had so many that kids were literally lining up.
Slowly over time it kept getting smaller every year. Then smaller and smaller.
Last year I think we had about 7 or 8 groups. Like I said, this year - two.
Unbelievable.
But like I said, "trunk and treat" has continued to get more popular. Strip malls etc. hosting huge candy give-aways.
Photos I saw on social media - I would say at least a third of the kids don't even dress up.

You are going to SF to visit family?

That would be the only valid reason to go there.

Actually, there are other reasons to visit SF.

The history of the area is rich. It was one of the central locations of the original California.

The seafood is world renowned. One of the things we plan to do is eat at Anthony Bourdain's favorite restaurant.

Actually, there are other reasons to visit SF.

The history of the area is rich. It was one of the central locations of the original California.

The seafood is world renowned. One of the things we plan to do is eat at Anthony Bourdain's favorite restaurant.
he killed himself

just goes to show you: wealth and name recognition is not everything

Forum List

Back