Are you laughing or crying thinking about your upcoming family's Thanksgiving dinner?

Of course the six year old didn't cause a problem. The problem was with the self righteous do gooder that badgered me disturbing my peace so they could feel good about themselves. They were opening their hospitality to someone who would otherwise be alone. For their benefit not mine. They needed to be punished so severely they would never make that mistake again.
well.. I am concerned for your soul.. sorry if that annoys or angers you. Jesus said to turn the other cheeck. I personally don't think he meant to justkeep taking abuse from anyone (another reminder that we need a CHURCH.. THE Church to interpret Scripture infallibly). As someone once said "you only have 2 cheeks".. I frankly do not know the CC interpretation of that psg about turning the other cheek but I think it means that we overlook as much as possible other people's faults and shortcomings. Again, I think of Be angry, but sin not..

I would like details about what you did to make those people stop inviting you but.. maybe I kind of don't.. just curious. That's me..

Anyway.. Also in Scripture: Vengeance is Mine, saith the Lord, I will repay

well.. I am concerned for your soul.. sorry if that annoys or angers you. Jesus said to turn the other cheeck. I personally don't think he meant to justkeep taking abuse from anyone (another reminder that we need a CHURCH.. THE Church to interpret Scripture infallibly). As someone once said "you only have 2 cheeks".. I frankly do not know the CC interpretation of that psg about turning the other cheek but I think it means that we overlook as much as possible other people's faults and shortcomings. Again, I think of Be angry, but sin not..

I would like details about what you did to make those people stop inviting you but.. maybe I kind of don't.. just curious. That's me..

Anyway.. Also in Scripture: Vengeance is Mine, saith the Lord, I will repay
I insulted every other guest. Loudly announced that I was there against my will. I refused to eat anything. I said that I only enjoyed dinner with friends and I didn't have any friends there. This was at the insistence of my partner. I refused many many times. I don't know what was on his mind. No means no. My object was to punish my partner and his family for pressuring me and punish them so severely that they never did it again.

When you are by yourself and others invite you over so "you won't be alone on the holiday" they aren't thinking of you. They do it to feel good about themselves. They are being charitable to what they think of as the less fortunate. At YOUR expense.

You sound like a real asshole.
My family would be like "Okay, hey! Pass me the green beans, pls." So, uh..

Just like with the dust-up from the resting bitchface Democrats getting loud with the old man last Christmas. I swear those 2 look like they haven't taken a dump in a couple years. :lol:

Over everybody there was heard a screeching "I'm a fuckin' Democrat, OK!? Yeah! Nyeah!"

It qot quiet fer a minute, and then it was right back to party! :D

Last edited:
I insulted every other guest. Loudly announced that I was there against my will. I refused to eat anything. I said that I only enjoyed dinner with friends and I didn't have any friends there. This was at the insistence of my partner. I refused many many times. I don't know what was on his mind. No means no. My object was to punish my partner and his family for pressuring me and punish them so severely that they never did it again.

When you are by yourself and others invite you over so "you won't be alone on the holiday" they aren't thinking of you. They do it to feel good about themselves. They are being charitable to what they think of as the less fortunate. At YOUR expense.
And how did that make your partner feel? Sometimes it's not all about you.

And how did that make your partner feel? Sometimes it's not all about you.
It should have made him regret the invitation. It should have reminded him that no means no and my no deserves respect. Sometimes it is all about me. Sometimes it is about respecting the autonomy of another person.

Well, maybe you could just be there for them. Sometimes that is sufficient. God knows, some families are never very concerned for one another.. Let them talk or not talk.. play it by ear but being there is the main thing..
Thank you and you couldn't be more right about all of this. I haven't seen my older sister in over 20 years now. By now, she should know about my aunt. I will never hear from my sister about her though and neither will my mom and the aunt that me and my sister lost is our mom's sister.

God bless you and my mom and my cousins always!!!

Holly

P.S. My mom hasn't seen my sister since 2010. My sister doesn't want anything more to do with her either.

Thank you and you couldn't be more right about all of this. I haven't seen my older sister in over 20 years now. By now, she should know about my aunt. I will never hear from my sister about her though and neither will my mom and the aunt that me and my sister lost is our mom's sister.

God bless you and my mom and my cousins always!!!

Holly

P.S. My mom hasn't seen my sister since 2010. My sister doesn't want anything more to do with her either.
wow.. we have something in common. There is a sibling in my family who refuses to have anything to do with "mom".. and I don't blame that person one bit... Well, as a Christian I do think that.. well, never mind. I think everything was done to reconcile but the mom didn't want to for God knows what reason.. it's complicated. In any case, what i learned is that sometimes you just HAVE to walk away.. things are just too unhealthy and no one wants to work on healthier.. can't do it by yourself

I'm probably not going to celebrate it. For a few reasons. One of the reasons is that in recent years I'm becoming less and less into the man-made holidays. Especially ones where the centerpiece of the table is a dead body. (I know, I know, extremely unpopular opinion, I'll put on my flame suit now, haha)

Speaking of turkeys, I highly recommend watching this video before Thanksgiving.

My doggie has passed. She will be with me in spirit.

I started my Chinese food on holiday tradition when I lived in Los Angeles and they were all that was open.

Most of my family is gone. My sister doesn't give a shit about anything or anybody.
My friends go on vacation. So, it's just little old me.

I go to Jack in the Box and get the biggest, baconiest burger they got.
Mmmmmm, and I haven't done that in years because I'm not supposed to eat meat anymore, and because of COVID.
But this year........WATCH OUT!!!

Bacon, cheese, and onion rings!!!
1667442567486.png

All of my family are pro Trump conservatives. My parents raised us right.
Most of my family is also, as far as I know. I lost track of some of the younger ones but I think they are all Trump supporters except this one. Then there is this one who is conservative, supposedly, but says disparaging things about certain prominent conservatives.. David Horowitz.. and I can't recall the others.. maybe Hannity. I don't get that.. Conservatives don't disagree w/ other conservatives much.. so why get all negative over one in particular? I mean he didn't even SAY why he didn't like Horowitz, one of my own faves.. just acted all derisive whne I mentioned him.. I think that is rather "dumb" myself.. but that's me

It is better than spending time with those I don't particularly care for. It's better than associating with degenerates such as yourself.
And everyone else thanks you.

As for degenerates......we are seeing who that is thru your posts.

My family Thanksgivings were delightful from an early age on. The WORST that happened was when my Grandpa insisted that the children sitting at the adults' table (before there were so many grandchildren we had a kid's table) had to stay put till the adults finished their coffee and he finished his cigar.

And, of course, while I was in the Navy, I spent many a Thanksgiving away from home.

Charming. Any wonders why you are alone now? A win for everyone else.

you don't know the whole story of what that poster has been through.

I myself often feel I hate the whole damn human race. I also love them, though.. so there's that. Jesus said to LOVE everyone, not LIKE.. He knew that was asking WAY too much..

(OK, I should put Presumably after that last thing.. don't want to put words in Jesus's mouth!) :eek:

In any case, I don't like the sounds of some of EvilCat.. posts but still.. We don't know how a person got to be.. wherever..
Still not surprised.

Forum List

Back