Are you laughing or crying thinking about your upcoming family's Thanksgiving dinner?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
I won't be there, so I am doing neither.

But if I were there.. Oh my.. If one of my brothers showed up, he would be rolling his eyes, presumably, (haven't seen him in awhile) at all the Trump supporters in the family.. and trying to avoid a fist fight w/ same. I'm just guessing. Maybe he has grown up a bit since I last saw him several years ago.

One relative would be drinking the whole time or if he is not drinking, he is asking Where the booze is at..

and gee.. I'm getting a little disturbed so I'll stop there. But I have a big family.. so I could write on this topic all flippin day and night for a week

My doggie has passed. She will be with me in spirit.

I started my Chinese food on holiday tradition when I lived in Los Angeles and they were all that was open.

Well, I'd have to drive 25 miles for Chinese. But yeah, I've been there before.

But if I were there.. Oh my.. If one of my brothers showed up, he would be rolling his eyes, presumably, (haven't seen him in awhile) at all the Trump supporters in the family.. and trying to avoid a fist fight w/ same. I'm just guessing. Maybe he has grown up a bit since I last saw him several years ago.

One relative would be drinking the whole time or if he is not drinking, he is asking Where the booze is at..

and gee.. I'm getting a little disturbed so I'll stop there. But I have a big family.. so I could write on this topic all flippin day and night for a week
The people in my family who have leaned into the Q/MAGA nonsense know better than to bring up their mental disability around the rest of us. So it should be a pleasant, politics free dinner.

I have a son who has a wife who has 3 grown children from a prior marriage. They all get together. I opt out. It's not my family.

Those children are Democrats. They lurch from crisis to crisis and emergency to emergency. It's exhausting and depressing.

Let me guess you are related to Quasar44?

Thanksgiving is not about politics or grudges and shouldn’t keep families apart and if you stay away because of your politics then I have to say that is on you!

It's just the Wife and I these days since I refuse to have anything to do with my brother.
And to be honest I like it this way. We can cook a turkey and fixings if we feel like it ....or not.
Same goes with Christmas. We give my Niece money who's up in Minnesota going to college.
Other than that we buy one big item we both want.

Stress Free Holidays....Love em.

I am supposed to see my two most favorite cousins, but since their mom passed away on Labor Day, I can't help but be filled with dread. The occasion will most definitely not be the same.

God bless you and my cousins always!!!

Holly

I don't have a family. I shall watch the dog show and have Chinese food.
A lot of people would pity you 4 having no family and in a way, they should.. but then again.. you wouldn't want a family like mine. They never want anything to change, even if it is change for the better.. (That is my perception anyway)

I am supposed to see my two most favorite cousins, but since their mom passed away on Labor Day, I can't help but be filled with dread. The occasion will most definitely not be the same.

God bless you and my cousins always!!!

Holly
Well, maybe you could just be there for them. Sometimes that is sufficient. God knows, some families are never very concerned for one another.. Let them talk or not talk.. play it by ear but being there is the main thing..

It's just the Wife and I these days since I refuse to have anything to do with my brother.
And to be honest I like it this way. We can cook a turkey and fixings if we feel like it ....or not.
Same goes with Christmas. We give my Niece money who's up in Minnesota going to college.
Other than that we buy one big item we both want.

Stress Free Holidays....Love em.
hmm.. looks like I'm not the only one alone or more/less alone on T-giving

and of course, when you have Jesus, you are certainly never alone (though sometimes it seems He abandons us, but that's just us abandoning Him--knowingly or unknowingly)

A lot of people would pity you 4 having no family and in a way, they should.. but then again.. you wouldn't want a family like mine. They never want anything to change, even if it is change for the better.. (That is my perception anyway)
My parents liked to fight on holidays. Long, violent fights. Every holiday dinner ended up on the floor. It was so bad, I would lock myself in the closet. Being alone is not a punishment for me.

I have a son who has a wife who has 3 grown children from a prior marriage. They all get together. I opt out. It's not my family.

Those children are Democrats. They lurch from crisis to crisis and emergency to emergency. It's exhausting and depressing.
LOL.. not bc what you said was funny but because I can SO relate. Sadly, I used to be young and kind of got caught up in such myself (lurching from crisis to crisis, etc). That's because I didn't know Jesus well. Today, I know Him but often get side-tracked away from Him, but at least I always return..

Anyway. Does your son want you to be part of their t-giving or not?

I have a relative who acts like he hates me, but I haven't done anything egregious so I think he just hates Jesus .. very likely a Dimrat, but may not want to admit to a mostly R family.. ? I don't know bc I am like you: I just abstain..

Forum List

Back