Are you for Separation of power, why and why not?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
We will be able to do away with congress and just elect a KIng and be able to vote another one in when he gets tired, say every 6 years, a new King elected by the people, a previous King is not allowed to be King again and has to step down at the end of 6 years. This King should not be investigated no matter what, he has a country to run.

We would save so much money that is spent on congressmen!! The judiciary branch would be under the King and not independent.

Would you support this or not?

Just abolish it all....Gubmint is the experiment that has failed every time it has been tried.

Analogies.jpg

You Democrats love the idea of kings, as your ancestors did in 1776.

What I am for is the separation of Democrats from the United States into the Pacific Ocean.

You Democrats love the idea of kings, as your ancestors did in 1776.

What I am for is the separation of Democrats from the United States into the Pacific Ocean.

So you are for Separation of Powers.

We will be able to do away with congress and just elect a KIng and be able to vote another one in when he gets tired, say every 6 years, a new King elected by the people, a previous King is not allowed to be King again and has to step down at the end of 6 years. This King should not be investigated no matter what, he has a country to run.

We would save so much money that is spent on congressmen!! The judiciary branch would be under the King and not independent.

This didn’t work in the Bible- the people demanded a king and got it... and as they were warned they were summarily disappointed. The stability problem of democracy is, per Plato, people realize they can vote themselves free stuff and then we end up with a siloed citizenry that divides against itself which fails to use its power of accountability against the elected representatives because they are so busy voting for more free stuff.... then tensions erupt and blame shifting begins. This happened in Nazi Germany against the Jews and it is happening on a global scale against white males. The. Everyone wants to be more ‘equal’ than everyone else and either a civil war starts (tyrannical government) or the government collapses financially under the financial weight of all the free stuff (anarchist government). Prove me wrong but otherwise this is how I am pretty sure it will play out, especially with the movements designed to stamp out historical education and replace it with indoctrination. “How many ages hence shall this our lofty scene be acted over, in states yet unborn and accents yet unknown”
-William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, Act III, scene I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This didn’t work in the Bible- the people demanded a king and got it... and as they were warned they were summarily disappointed. The stability problem of democracy is, per Plato, people realize they can vote themselves free stuff and then we end up with a siloed citizenry that divides against itself which fails to use its power of accountability against the elected representatives because they are so busy voting for more free stuff.... then tensions erupt and blame shifting begins. This happened in Nazi Germany against the Jews and it is happening on a global scale against white males. The. Everyone wants to be more ‘equal’ than everyone else and either a civil war starts (tyrannical government) or the government collapses financially under the financial weight of all the free stuff (anarchist government). Prove me wrong but otherwise this is how I am pretty sure it will play out, especially with the movements designed to stamp out historical education and replace it with indoctrination. “How many ages hence shall this our lofty scene be acted over, in states yet unborn and accents yet unknown”

I take it that is a No and that you are a republican, white and a male.

I would support separation of powers... but you got the other two points pretty close. Definitely a white male, not so definitely a Republican. Depends on the candidates and laws I am supporting- I tend to think more “right” than most republicans.

I would support separation of powers... but you got the other two points pretty close. Definitely a white male, not so definitely a Republican. Depends on the candidates and laws I am supporting- I tend to think more “right” than most republicans.

You are pro separations of powers then, but only if a left King is elected?? In other words , you are pro a King if he is an ultra right King.

Last edited:

You are pro separations of powers then, but only if a far right King is elected??

Lol. Sorry if I was unclear. I am pro separation of powers. Kings aren’t elected. I would want a leader who would have simple and reasonable laws and allow us to make choices- think late 1700’s constitution, perhaps early 1800’s. There were problems I wouldn’t want now, but the general idea of more freedom and less debt and regulation carries a huge amount of appeal to me.
I don’t think the laws should apply or be carried out based on who the king happens to be- I think law should be followed or repealed, not passed and ignored.

You are pro separations of powers then, but only if a far right King is elected??

Lol. Sorry if I was unclear. I am pro separation of powers. Kings aren’t elected. I would want a leader who would have simple and reasonable laws and allow us to make choices- think late 1700’s constitution, perhaps early 1800’s. There were problems I wouldn’t want now, but the general idea of more freedom and less debt and regulation carries a huge amount of appeal to me.
I don’t think the laws should apply or be carried out based on who the king happens to be- I think law should be followed or repealed, not passed and ignored.

So the Executive, Judicial and Legislative powers are to function independently, but work together and yet accommodate checks and balances on each. So that is what you are for??

Hells to the no.

Our American gates have never been opened willingly to monarchic oppression, i.e. to neither the mood swing random feasts or famine of a hereditary god-mortal's whim, nor to becoming ideologue disciples of men whose claim to their absolute ruling authority goes something like it was awarded to them at birth by gods or demigods. Check your pack of Ritz, Penny, for you might be a few crackers short today.

Hells to the no.

Our American gates have never been opened willingly to monarchic oppression, i.e. to neither the mood swing random feasts or famine of a hereditary god-mortal's whim, nor to becoming ideologue disciples of men whose claim to their absolute ruling authority goes something like it was awarded to them at birth by gods or demigods. Check your pack of Ritz, Penny, for you might be a few crackers short today.

So you are pro the Separation Of Powers?

Hells to the no.

So you are pro the Separation Of Powers?

If you're referencing separation by Judicial, Legislative and Executive branches, then affirmative.

The GOP was trying to do this the other day with the GOP judicial committee and they used the nuclear option on Gorsuch.

So you are pro the SOP (separation of powers)
A Republic is has Democracy within and protections against a Pure Democracy in it...........it is a Nation of laws with Separation of powers to prevent the downfalls of Pure Democracy and Feudalism............age of kings..........

The Judicial must have the both the executive and Senate to function.........in a Supreme pick...........no king can just appoint........The Senate must confirm........and under the original the Senate was supposed to be Reps from the State Legislature.......not a popular vote.

All are watch dogs of each other..............by design................so no one group can trample the Freedom of the others without consent of 3 separate safeguards in the system.

The founding fathers were very very smart.................don't ya think..........

Forum List

Back