Are Transgender People, Especially Kids, Really "Bullied?"

You should read your links more thoroughly, Clown.

The chart gave the impression, at least on first glance, that two-thirds of 12th-grade boys were now conservative. In the small print beneath, Twenge noted that she had omitted moderates.

The full story is messier and murkier. High school seniors, boys and girls alike, are more likely to claim no political identity than to throw in with either liberals or conservatives.

If you go back and read the Pew Polling you'll see when they break it down by issue that even Gen z'ers who identify as conservative still hold more liberal social views than older conservatives.

On views about race relations, Gen Z Republicans are more likely than older generations of Republicans to say that blacks are treated less fairly than whites. Among Republicans, 43% of Gen Zers say this, compared with 30% of Millennials and roughly 20% of Gen Xers, Boomers and Silents. Gen Z Republicans are also much more likely than their GOP counterparts in older generations to say increasing racial and ethnic diversity in the U.S. is a good thing for society. On each of these measures, Democrats’ views are nearly uniform across generations.

In addition, the youngest Republicans stand apart in their views on the role of government and the causes of climate change. Gen Z Republicans are much more likely than Republicans in older generations to say government should do more to solve problems. And they are less likely than their older counterparts to attribute the earth’s warming temperatures to natural patterns, as opposed to human activity.
The link is a blog...you are quoting an opinion on the study as if the author is correct. No, the author is commenting on the study chart. I gave you this link on purpose ..to see if you really have any critical thinking skills. You don't. The study still exists...and the blogger's opinion is just that...an opinion.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Its like saying that having males soldiers involves automatically having to pay for hair plugs
Women don’t get hair plugs?

You act the fool, expect to be treated as one.

The link is a blog...you are quoting an opinion on the study as if the author is correct. No, the author is commenting on the study chart. I gave you this link on purpose ..to see if you really have any critical thinking skills. You don't. The study still exists...and the blogger's opinion is just that...an opinion.
The chart left out moderates and people who don't identify with either conservatives or liberals you dumb Bingo. When you include them then no, young men don't mostly identify as conservative. They mostly identify as moderate. Young women do identify as liberal by a majority, even with moderates.

The chart left out moderates and people who don't identify with either conservatives or liberals you dumb Bingo. When you include them then no, young men don't mostly identify as conservative. They mostly identify as moderate. Young women do identify as liberal by a majority, even with moderates.
Prove that if you include them, the majority of 12 grade males identify as moderate. Here you are, making objective claims without any real data to back it up! Lol

Prove that if you include them, the majority of 12 grade males identify as moderate. Here you are, making objective claims without any real data to back it up! Lol
I already quoted the portion of your own link that said that very thing in a previous post.

Yes, we've been "choosing our gender" since the dawn of time. Of course gender roles have changed according to the culture and the time.

There was a time when women were considered too "delicate" for certain activities. And women dutiful fullfilled their gender roles by "swooning" when excited, frightened or surprised. Smelling salts were ever handy. Of course their corsets were so tight they could barely breathe so maybe that was a factor in all of the fainting.

Gender roles differ from culture to culture:

I don't care if you wrestle, box, play football or swing on a trapeze. If you have a vagina you're a female. Male or female. Done deal. Fucking loon.

I don't care if you wrestle, box, play football or swing on a trapeze. If you have a vagina you're a female. Male or female. Done deal. Fucking loon.

Here’s a clue Fuck Boi. NOBODY ASKED YOU. It’s none of your fucking business. No one cares what your opinion is because it’s not your life. It has absolutely nothing to do with you, and it’s none of your business

You asshole conservatives, who are the most fucked up people I have ever encountered in my entire life, and who don’t know reality from Donald Trump’s fantasies, are in no position to tell other people what is real and what is not.

You still think Michelle Obama is a man. So please bitch don’t tell me, you know your ass from a hole in the ground

Here’s a clue Fuck Boi. NOBODY ASKED YOU. It’s none of your fucking business. No one cares what your opinion is because it’s not your life. It has absolutely nothing to do with you, and it’s none of your business
You asshole conservatives, who are the most fucked up people I have ever encountered in my entire life, and who don’t know reality from Donald Trump’s fantasies, are in no position to tell other people what is real and what is not.
You still think Michelle Obama is a man. So please bitch don’t tell me, you know your ass from a hole in the ground

Cuckoo_FxxDd3V1qUv0CTwEj85oRm7V2zI@350x350.gif

Fuck you, you evil nasty demon possessed kunt.

Tell us you bully trans children without telling us you bully trans children......
Why wouldn’t you make fun of them. It’s a boy who wants to suck other boys dicks. It’s a boy dressing like the girls who wants you to treat him as a girl.

Why the hell wouldn't normal people make fun of that? That’s the kind of person who is meant to be treated as a lunatic.

You can’t make that shit normal. It’s so fucking abnormal it’s prime to be made fun of. And deserves to be made fun of.

I’m in a group of guys at 12 talking about how Susie has suddenly got some massive tits over the summer and you expect me to treat Gary who came out as a girl and is wearing dresses the same? Fuck off.

There’s nothing about queers or trans people that shouldn’t be made fun of.

Why wouldn’t you make fun of them. It’s a boy who wants to suck other boys dicks. It’s a boy dressing like the girls who wants you to treat him as a girl.

Why the hell wouldn't normal people make fun of that? That’s the kind of person who is meant to be treated as a lunatic.

You can’t make that shit normal. It’s so fucking abnormal it’s prime to be made fun of. And deserves to be made fun of.

I’m in a group of guys at 12 talking about how Susie has suddenly got some massive tits over the summer and you expect me to treat Gary who came out as a girl and is wearing dresses the same? Fuck off.

There’s nothing about queers or trans people that shouldn’t be made fun of.
These idiots always whine about being "marginalized". They are disease-ridden, mentally ill perverts. They deserve to be marginalized. There is nothing endearing about dudes using each other's buttholes like fleshlights. "Love Is Love" they say....but faggots have higher divorce & seperation rates than normal couples...and these degenerates have only had a license to play house since 2012. Love is love, mayaaaaan*Chong voice*

These idiots always whine about being "marginalized". They are disease-ridden, mentally ill perverts. They deserve to be marginalized. There is nothing endearing about dudes using each other's buttholes like fleshlights. "Love Is Love" they say....but faggots have higher divorce & seperation rates than normal couples...and these degenerates have only had a license to play house since 2012. Love is love, mayaaaaan*Chong voice*
Honestly, how did we as a society become conditioned to be afraid of calling these fucking weirdos what they are. We have to operate an entire society around this one percent of the population being freaks and we can’t say anything? Fuck off.

Of course they are. Absolutely. No question, whatsoever.

This I know, because I know that literally everyone has been, is, and will be bullied sometimes. Being bullied is in no way unique to transfolk, nor is there the slightest evidence that they experience it any more than non trans people.

Unless you are a hermit, life is a continuous process of having other people try to impose their will on you in large ways and small, in ways subtle to outrageous and everything in between. Motivation for this bullying can include disliking an individual, disliking a type of individual, dislike for self that is acted out as dislike for everyone, desire to get one's own way, and even simple boredom. As adults, we have to deal with bullying, just as we did as children.

Because childhood bullying is much less subtle than adult bullying, most kids quickly learn to deal with it, which makes them more successful adults, provided they learn to recognize the more subtle bullying that takes place among adults and deal with it as well. Some people are slow learners and they have worse outcomes than people with more snap. Another part of life that cannot be changed.

If there were no transgenders in the world, the bullies would still gonna bully, and the non-transgenders (which would be everyone) would still gonna be bullied. Since there are transgenders in the world, a better use of the time and energy of progressives would be to help transgender youth and adults learn to avoid/deal with bullying, instead of trying to somehow legislate or medicate it away.

Hint: dressing like a crazy person is not a good bullying avoidance strategy.

If we could wave a magic wand and no transgender person would ever be bullied, would that reduce the suicide rate? Nope. That would do nothing to reduce the co-morbidities like depression and autism that are associated with both transgenderism and high suicide rates. Transfolk commit suicide at higher rates because they have a mental disorder associated with high suicide rate. All the hormones and scalpels in the world do not change that.

Like anyone else with a mental disorder, people with gender dysphoria have a burden to bear. Trying to force it on other people will not make their load any easier. We non-trans have our own burden's to bear, and it would be impossible for us to take on yours, even if we wanted to. In fact, trying to force your burden on others is a form of what?

Bullying.

Yep.

So, essentially your advice to transgender people who get bullied is, "don't be yourself".

Yeah, your advice to everyone is "conform, be who we demand you are, then we won't bully the crap out of you".

Nice try to excuse bullying

Most kids “fit in” and avoid excessive bullying
Those who don’t are bullied nonstop
Maybe they should have fit in then. Be normal if you want normal society to treat you normally. Act like a fucking weirdo and you will be shunned by the tribe. This has always been the rule in humanity since tribes were first formed.

Forum List

Back