Demcoratic Congressman: "We'll letting ourselves be bullied by our base."

The people who were complaining about how terrible the economy is just purchased $400 sneakers on a whim.

Only an idiot would believe them.

Sounds whiney. I'm a people. I am not worried about the cost of living. I studied, had a plan, worked the plan hard, and been around. No sweat. I got this.
Yes, for the party that is for "the working man," and the welfare dolee, mysteriously all the Dems of USMB have jobs that make them impervious to Biden's economic fuckups.
Not worried about Israel. They will sort out and handle Gaza. Kind of irritated about the GOP not standing in support of Ukraine, since Trump is a Putin Puffer, so they are sucking a drag, too.
Why not let Ukraine sort out and handle Russia? We need a president who will sort out our own border, not get us involved in a European boundary dispute.

I notice that the Dems have dropped their line of "sucuring the border is racist," "migrants will come anyway," "our immigrants make us strong," etc. in favor of "We triiiiiiiied to fix the border, but Orange Bad Man said no!"
The extremists really do get all the attention, but it is real people with level heads that count, in the long run, and always has been.

Politicians bullied by their base, better find a pair and decide whether they can and want to lead or go to the house and back to private business where they are safe.

It definitely applies to high people in both parties.
That's what I was thinking. Isn't the base who sends them to Washington, pays their salary and can be counted on in the next election? In other words, their bosses?

Yes, for the party that is for "the working man," and the welfare dolee, mysteriously all the Dems of USMB have jobs that make them impervious to Biden's economic fuckups.

Why not let Ukraine sort out and handle Russia? We need a president who will sort out our own border, not get us involved in a European boundary dispute.

I notice that the Dems have dropped their line of "sucuring the border is racist," "migrants will come anyway," "our immigrants make us strong," etc. in favor of "We triiiiiiiied to fix the border, but Orange Bad Man said no!"

That's what I was thinking. Isn't the base who sends them to Washington, pays their salary and can be counted on in the next election? In other words, their bosses?
I have seen self centered or party centered legislators on both sides of the aisle, all my life. Some (who committ provable crimes seem to get voted out, while other continue to sell cheap snake oil to the tribes.

Tom Suozzi (D):​

"People are worried about the cost of living. They're worried about the chaos at the border. They're worried about Israel, Gaza and Ukraine. They look to Congress and what do they see? They see the extremists get all the attenction.

"We're letting ourselves be bullied by our base."

He makes a good point. Maybe it applies to Republicans also, but I don't believe that it is the same thing. For reasons I'll explain downthread.

He just won a special election in a part of NY that is leaning more and more Republican.

So he will pretend to be a bipartisan good guy and then vote lockstep with the radical faction of his party when ordered to.

I simply cannot see it. Oh, I have heard it, I just cannot see it. Nothing special about me. I am no rich dude, but have become comfortable. A wall street dude, might look at what I have and think me poor, but though I am an average Joe and know it, at this point it would take a hell of a lot of $1,000 dollar emergencies to do me damage. It wasn't always like this. I had to work, skipping vacations to use off time to build or repair. I put off frivolous debt for necessities, even though I had credit to do what I would have rather done, and had more fun doing it. But, that is not how it worked, nor how it works. I grew up in the 70s and 80s when interest rates peaked around 11% and stayed above 6 for a decade. Jobs were scarce, so I went military, and was successful at that. I was willing to do what was necessary and did not have the government bail me out. Now I am looking around my area, seeing the help wanted ads, what they are paying and know there is good job opportunity here. It may not be what some would like to do, but it is far more long term productive, that whining and not taking responsibility where you are and where you are going. I get the impression, many people do not plan. The old addage failure to plan is planning to fail is quite true. I have seen bad economies. This isn't one of them, not like we all experienced back from the late 70s to the late 80s. Young people just weren't there, and don't get it.
youre right theres nothing special about you outside your own mind,,

as for the rest of the country,, theres a varying degree of outcomes,,

youre right theres nothing special about you outside your own mind,,

as for the rest of the country,, theres a varying degree of outcomes,,
Those who plan and execute well, stand the best probability of positive outcome.

I have seen self centered or party centered legislators on both sides of the aisle, all my life. Some (who committ provable crimes seem to get voted out, while other continue to sell cheap snake oil to the tribes.
Yes, the catering to the base is on both sides.

However, the “extremist” base of the GOP, i.e. the Trump supporters, support reasonable pro-American policies that RINOs always proudly claim to support. Not craziness on a par with trangederizing children and wide open borders.

Difference with Trump is he actually tried to implement those reasonable policies, instead of agreeing to take them off the table as the opening position in any negotiation with Dems.

That was the strategy of RINOOs more concerned with avoiding media criticism than with the American people.

Those RINOs are on the way out. McConnell’s stepping down will energize Republican voters in Senate races.

Last edited:
I simply cannot see it. Oh, I have heard it, I just cannot see it. Nothing special about me. I am no rich dude, but have become comfortable. A wall street dude, might look at what I have and think me poor, but though I am an average Joe and know it, at this point it would take a hell of a lot of $1,000 dollar emergencies to do me damage. It wasn't always like this. I had to work, skipping vacations to use off time to build or repair. I put off frivolous debt for necessities, even though I had credit to do what I would have rather done, and had more fun doing it. But, that is not how it worked, nor how it works. I grew up in the 70s and 80s when interest rates peaked around 11% and stayed above 6 for a decade. Jobs were scarce, so I went military, and was successful at that. I was willing to do what was necessary and did not have the government bail me out. Now I am looking around my area, seeing the help wanted ads, what they are paying and know there is good job opportunity here. It may not be what some would like to do, but it is far more long term productive, that whining and not taking responsibility where you are and where you are going. I get the impression, many people do not plan. The old addage failure to plan is planning to fail is quite true. I have seen bad economies. This isn't one of them, not like we all experienced back from the late 70s to the late 80s. Young people just weren't there, and don't get it.
Early 50's for me. By 1966 I was living in Redland Oregon on acreage(my oldest sis & her hubby) learning how to work(field hand etc.) Minimum wage about $1.25(?) per hour, less as a field hand but no payroll tax deductions. Made it to Spokane Washington @ the tail end of '68. Found a job unloading produce from box cars for $1.60 per hour, thought I was making a fortune compared to Oregon. As tight as it was back then you are correct about that late 70's/early 80's era bringing on severe financial hardship upon Americans. Yes, planning for the future is critical regarding an individuals future well being. Smart move going military, my pick was heavy industrial construction(dams, nuke plants). The younger folks are in a bad way, unfortunately.

2/3 of America is one paycheck away from bankruptcy.

57% of America can't afford a $1000 emergency.

Guess what? They don't need your advice, and neither do I.

I know economies. I worked on Wall Street. And in the banking system.

There are more people defaulting on credit cards right now, than there were in early 2009 after the financial meltdown.

There is NOTHING good about this economy. Anyone who says there is, is lying.
Don't worry, NY is suing the worlds largest beef producer because, climate. Jacking up the cost of food will fix everything. #sarcasm

Forum List

Back