Are Fireworks Appropriate on Memorial Day?

Are Fireworks Appropriate on Memorial Day?

• Total voters
I have no problem with it. We're celebrating the lives of our soldiers ... not their deaths. We're remembering their courage, valor, and self-sacrifice. We're remembering the ones who died but also the ones who lived and are living. So I don't personally see fireworks as disrespectful at all.

Learn what Memorial means. It's not Pet a Living Vet day.

I bet these mentally challenged idiots would think nothing of shooting off fireworks at a funeral or cemetery

I have no problem with it. We're celebrating the lives of our soldiers ... not their deaths. We're remembering their courage, valor, and self-sacrifice. We're remembering the ones who died but also the ones who lived and are living. So I don't personally see fireworks as disrespectful at all.

I bet these mentally challenged idiots would think nothing of shooting off fireworks at a funeral or cemetery
So it seems. And I used to wonder why they were so dedicated to waving the flag while sending others off to die in wars that didn't need to be fought.

Last edited:

It is if I'm in Vegas and I won at the tables!

:eusa_shhh:

By the way ... fireworks are routinely utilized on the 4th of July which honors a struggle that resulted in much bloodshed and many deaths. When I celebrate the 4th I don't just celebrate a document but also everything that led up to that point.

The difference is that we celebrate our independence on July 4th. Today is the day to honor the dead.

By the way ... fireworks are routinely utilized on the 4th of July which honors a struggle that resulted in much bloodshed and many deaths. When I celebrate the 4th I don't just celebrate a document but also everything that led up to that point.

The difference is that we celebrate our independence on July 4th. Today is the day to honor the dead.

The freedom they fought for, gives each family member the freedom to honor them in the way their family member would have seen as fit.

So it seems. And I used to wonder why they were so dedicated to waving the flag while sending others of to die in wars that didn't need to be fought.

I think you are the one that hasn't gone off the war, until you do, STFU!

One of my good friends got a 7 gun salute at his funeral two years ago. We also had a huge dinner, the ceremonial folding of the flag presented to his wife. A Spec ops speaker friend of his and some butterflies set out by his kids. Along with that we had a preacher pray for him and all he had done in his life we also had a moment of silence to remember him personally. But after all of the pomp and circumstance we all got together to remember who he was and what he accomplished. Amid some great pictures of him and all of the awards he had earned. Fireworks would have been welcomed during this celebration of a great man's life if we had any.

I'm thinking you find that horrible because of your own failures in life to earn such an honor. Everything he got during life and in death was honorable and earned. And all of us attending knew that and did the best we could to make this his day while celebrating what a great person and soldier he was also made sure it was the solem loss of a great man.

You on the other hand have done nothing of the sort and deserve nothing in your death. You are upset because your life deserves no fireworks, no dinner and especially no personal recognition. Your life will have earned nothing but just plugging you into the ground. The mentally challenged will make sure of that I suppose. After all, what exactly are you worthy of celebrating?

Last edited:
So it seems. And I used to wonder why they were so dedicated to waving the flag while sending others of to die in wars that didn't need to be fought.

I think you are the one that hasn't gone off the war, until you do, STFU!
I spent a decade building what they use to kill people with. I have enough blood on my hands, thanks all the same. And I'm a decade or two past their age limitations, which makes no sense actually. Send the old guys off to war, we've lived our lives already.

One of my good friends got a 7 gun salute at his funeral two years ago. We also had a huge dinner, the ceremonial folding of the flag presented to his wife. A Spec ops speaker friend of his and some butterflies set out by his kids. Along with that we had a preacher pray for him and all he had done in his life we also had a moment of silence to remember him personally. But after all of the pomp and circumstance we all got together to remember who he was and what he accomplished. Amid some great pictures of him and all of the awards he had earned. Fireworks would have been welcomed during this celebration of a great man's life if we had any.

I'm thinking you find that horrible because of your own failures in life to earn such an honor. Everything he got during life and in death was honorable and earned. And all of us attending knew that and did the best we could to make this his day while celebrating what a great person and soldier he was also made sure it was the solem loss of a great man.

You on the other hand have done nothing of the sort and deserve nothing in your death. You are upset because your life deserves no fireworks, no dinner and especially no personal recognition. Your life will have earned nothing but just plugging you into the ground. The mentally challenged will make sure of that I suppose. After all, what exactly are you worthy of celebrating?
Where's my wannabe answer, wannabe?

I don't hate what is necessary in this case. Their dying in large numbers is also necessary. I'm even fine paying for the ones who manage to make it back here. Learn to be rational instead of emotional.

Damn, your lack of knowledge of the English language makes it painful to read your posts.

Memorial Day is for all US veterans. It's pathetic even for you that you can't put aside your partisan bitterness and bickering to just remember the people who died for our freedom instead of having to turn it into a chance for cheap political points to further the lie you were lied to.
Memorial=Dead. Learn our language.

Memorial= serving to preserve remembrance

Learn our language

Damn, your lack of knowledge of the English language makes it painful to read your posts.

Memorial Day is for all US veterans. It's pathetic even for you that you can't put aside your partisan bitterness and bickering to just remember the people who died for our freedom instead of having to turn it into a chance for cheap political points to further the lie you were lied to.

Learn our language

Remembrance of the dead in this case little idiot.

"Also known as "Decoration Day", Memorial Day originated in the 19th century as a day to remember the soldiers who gave their lives in the American Civil War by decorating their graves with flowers. As the end of May coincides (in many areas) with the end of the school year, Memorial Day is unofficially considered the beginning of the summer recreational season in America. It was historically observed on May 30, prior to the Uniform Monday Holiday Act."
Federal holidays in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Learn our language

"Also known as "Decoration Day", Memorial Day originated in the 19th century as a day to remember the soldiers who gave their lives in the American Civil War by decorating their graves with flowers. As the end of May coincides (in many areas) with the end of the school year, Memorial Day is unofficially considered the beginning of the summer recreational season in America. It was historically observed on May 30, prior to the Uniform Monday Holiday Act."

yes but that is not what you claimed little idiot

here is what you posted

Memorial=Dead

which is incorrect

Learn our language

here is what you posted

Memorial=Dead

which is incorrect
No, it isn't, if you read along, which you didn't. Memorial Day does not honor all Veterans, that's Veteran's Day. Memorial Day is for the dead ones.

here is what you posted

Memorial=Dead

which is incorrect
No, it isn't, if you read along, which you didn't. Memorial Day does not honor all Veterans, that's Veteran's Day. Memorial Day is for the dead ones.

no one said it did

i am merely pointing out that you are incorrect

in stating that memorial means dead

it mean remembrance

in the case of memorial day

it is in remembrance of the men and women who died while

serving in the country's armed forces

I think a patriotic American is capable of making the right choice for them...most of the people I've known who have served would not have an expectation, but rather a hope that however people chose to observe the day, that it was with respect in their hearts.

You are the wanna be, how hard is that to figure out?

You are the wanna be, how hard is that to figure out?
Still can't spell it correctly eh? So be it.

no one said it did
Yes, they did, which is why I corrected them. Read the damn thread next time.

you did not correct anyone

instead of posting memorial = dead which is incorrect

offering a simple google search of memorial day

would have served much better

https://www.google.com/search?q=mem...0l2.7450j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

no one said it did
Yes, they did, which is why I corrected them. Read the damn thread next time.

you did not correct anyone

Hey dumbfuck, don't tell me what I did or didn't do next time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back