Record Memorial Day Travel Week Indicate Strong US Economy - Thanks Biden/Buttiegieg

The robust Biden economy has a record 44M Americans confident enough in their economic future that they are traveling in record numbers.
  • TSA screened record number of air travelers leading into Memorial Day well ahead of pre-pandemic 2019.
  • Half of the top 10 travel days in history were in the last 5 days.
  • AAA predicts a record high 44M Americans will travel this weekend and many travel industry publications are predicting a record summer of travel beating current travel record year of 2005.
  • High travel numbers over the Memorial Day Weekend correlate to good economic years and never happens in a recession year
  • High travel numbers will put pressure on gas prices

All good signs relative to the economy because the US has not seen good Memorial Day numbers in a recession year in decades of AAA data and therefore it is a key signal of strength. Basically Americans are confident enough in their situation to travel. This is great news unless you live in Florida and don’t like swarms of tourists or get bothered by an additional few cents on gas enough that you'd rather see a bad economy.

Thanks for the Economy Biden. Thanks for the travel records Buttigieg!

Inflation isn’t keeping Americans from having fun this Memorial Day weekend

TSA sets new record for number of travelers screened in a single day

Nearly 44 Million Travelers Leaving Town for Unofficial Start of Summer

Memorial Day travel could break a record from 2005 with 43.8 million expected to hit the road
More gaslighting from the left...

That's the problem with these dems...They think you are stupid enough to actually believe their tactics, and stories...

Cost of living is up less than wages since 2019 which means average people are better off. Sorry youre not one of them. Maybe you dont work as hard as the average person? Look down at your boots and pull them up by the straps on them.

In your desperation to defend Biden’s record deficits, 40 year high inflation and 20% cost of living increases you compare those to 2019 which saw none of the above?

Look down at your boots and see your untied shoe laces. That’s why you tripped and fell down.

That's the problem with these dems...They think you are stupid enough to actually believe their tactics, and stories...
Narratives. lol. Statistics show a traveling and spending consumer unless, you believe these jokers that a record number of Americans are traveling but all with lower budgets. I can’t even imagine the cult Kool-Aid you have to consume to believe that.

In your desperation to defend Biden’s record deficits, 40 year high inflation and 20% cost of living increases you compare those to 2019 which saw none of the above?

Look down at your boots and see your untied shoe laces. That’s why you tripped and fell down.
Wages are up $10,000+ since 2019. Of course prices have gone up too, but wages are up more than inflation. I could care less if you understand it as long as you understand the feeling of superiority I get from arguing with you simple righties who can’t follow the data.

Narratives. lol. Statistics show a traveling and spending consumer unless, you believe these jokers that a record number of Americans are traveling but all with lower budgets. I can’t even imagine the cult Kool-Aid you have to consume to believe that.
Oh I see, so anything that smacks your lies in the face is now some conspiracy to lie to the people eh...So, Forbes, USA Today, and actual Travel publications that specialize in tracking this stuff are all lying eh?

You've been debunked....Give it up.

Wages are up $10,000+ since 2019. Of course prices have gone up too, but wages are up more than inflation. I could care less if you understand it as long as you understand the feeling of superiority I get from arguing with you simple righties who can’t follow the data.
Jesus what a fail....You are one dumb mother fucker, you know that?

Here from a liberal news outlet...

"The typical American household must spend an additional $11,434 annually just to maintain the same standard of living they enjoyed in January of 2021"

So genius, since $11,434.00 > $10,000.00

You fail....

What year do you think this is right now?

Inflation is up and Biden's cost of living is up. I could care less if you float the unsourced $10,000 number around as it doesn't reflect 2024 economic conditions.

It's always clear when talking to a rightwinger who hasn't been on the roads, in an airport, out to eat at a restaurant, out to a concert or show in the last year. And always surprising to me that such people exist.

But rest assured, the world outside your window is booming.
yea its booming ....i just heard on the news some chain stores shutting their doors.....

It's always clear when talking to a rightwinger who hasn't been on the roads, in an airport, out to eat at a restaurant, out to a concert or show in the last year. And always surprising to me that such people exist.

But rest assured, the world outside your window is booming.
1. I’m a truck driver for 32 years dumbass.
2. Flew to Ireland last October dumbass
3. Went to go see Tool in February, tickets were $300.00 a piece…dumbass

Do you always shoot your mouth off so recklessly?

Oh I see, so anything that smacks your lies in the face is now some conspiracy to lie to the people eh...So, Forbes, USA Today, and actual Travel publications that specialize in tracking this stuff are all lying eh?

You've been debunked....Give it up.
Narrative and anecdotes. They had no statistics cuz they are puff pieces for confirmation bias seekers. Show me some data so we don’t have to compare opinions.

1. I’m a truck driver for 32 years dumbass.
2. Flew to Ireland last October dumbass
3. Went to go see Tool in February, tickets were $300.00 a piece…dumbass

Do you always shoot your mouth off so recklessly?
Nice! Wife loves Ireland. She’s been there a few times on girl trips. I’ve not been. I’d like to hike there.

All good signs relative to the economy because the US has not seen good Memorial Day numbers in a recession year in decades of AAA data and therefore it is a key signal of strength. Basically Americans are confident enough in their situation to travel. This is great news unless you live in Florida and don’t like swarms of tourists or get bothered by an additional few cents on gas enough that you'd rather see a bad economy.
It's certainly not the picture that GOPs' misinformation campaigns create.

Forum List

Back