Appears being transgender is cool??

Those are your words not mine. Youā€™re literally contradicting yourself with that statement as you display disrespect for my disrespect. You realize that donā€™t you?

The difference is I have no intention of trying to silence you for it, unlike people on the left.

Your side's bigotry is taken to the next level by active attempts to ruin anyone who goes against SJW orthodoxy.

See...case in point. Leftists ask for an inch and take a mile. I have zero issues with gay people because that is biological not social. They are attracted to the same sex. Whooopti doo. Good for them. They aren't asking me to call them "they" or by a different biological gender this is strictly about who they are attracted to. You are asking me to defy biology and science, which is asking too much. Not sure how many different ways I can explain that to you. If you are asking me to call you "She" and consider you a woman you are asking too much and it doesn't sit well with me. Vilify that all you want. My schizophrenia example stands. These people are mentally ill and need serious medical help.
You may have zero issues with gays but gays went through the exact kind of demonization as trans are now going through. They were considered mentally ill, they were not given the same rights as straight couples, they were dismissed and degraded by our society, they were shocked in the brain to try and cure their ā€œillnessā€. It was a disgusting display of bigotry. The same thing is happening to transā€¦ you canā€™t just say they are demented and crazy and send them to the doctor for a cure. It doesnā€™t work that way. Like it or not solutions come with understanding, compassion and empathy. You donā€™t want to call a biological male a female yet you also fight against alternative pronouns. What the hell?! So you have no practical ideas on how to make progress except to call them sick, keep them out of your bubble and send the to the doctor for some magical help that doesnā€™t exist?!?!?! Wonderful.

You do not respect those who voted for DJT. You stand on your soap box but donā€™t see the hypocrisy behind your POVs. Amazing.
Half my family voted for Trump. People I love very much. I donā€™t Respect Trump, I dont agree with the vote, but I still have plenty of love and respect for these people.

I dont see what your point is here. Iā€™m not saying you need to respected everything in the world. I said we all choose what we respect and what we donā€™t respect. Marvin was the one with the catch 22

The difference is I have no intention of trying to silence you for it, unlike people on the left.

Your side's bigotry is taken to the next level by active attempts to ruin anyone who goes against SJW orthodoxy.
Thatā€™s because standing up for the oppressed and victimized and those being attacked is a righteous stand. Those executing bigotry, racism and discrimination are fostering a destructive environment that goes against the values in which I live by. Why in the world would you want to stand on the side of hate and exclusion?

You may have zero issues with gays but gays went through the exact kind of demonization as trans are now going through. They were considered mentally ill, they were not given the same rights as straight couples, they were dismissed and degraded by our society, they were shocked in the brain to try and cure their ā€œillnessā€. It was a disgusting display of bigotry. The same thing is happening to transā€¦ you canā€™t just say they are demented and crazy and send them to the doctor for a cure. It doesnā€™t work that way. Like it or not solutions come with understanding, compassion and empathy. You donā€™t want to call a biological male a female yet you also fight against alternative pronouns. What the hell?! So you have no practical ideas on how to make progress except to call them sick, keep them out of your bubble and send the to the doctor for some magical help that doesnā€™t exist?!?!?! Wonderful.
They arenā€™t the same. Gays werenā€™t asking me to use different pronouns. Jews were demonized too. You cannot compare all demonizations. Thatā€™s dishonest.

They arenā€™t the same. Gays werenā€™t asking me to use different pronouns. Jews were demonized too. You cannot compare all demonizations. Thatā€™s dishonest.
Haha, youā€™re right, gays were not asking for the exact same things. That wasnā€™t my point but I think you know that. Is this really going over your head or are you just being difficult? Gays had their own issues and their own things they wanted and were being attacked for. Iā€™m not claiming that all those issues were the exact same as trans. Im saying that not so long ago they were attacked by our ā€œsocietyā€ in a very similar way as trans, still are in many cases. There wasnā€™t a large attempt to understand and acceptā€¦ it was demonize, degrade, avoid and send them to the mental hospital to get fixed. What I hope you see as ugly and wrong about the treatment for gays is exactly how many see the treatment of trans now. When our kids are our age they will look back at these times and be ashamed of how we treated our fellow citizens and neighbors.

Thatā€™s because standing up for the oppressed and victimized and those being attacked is a righteous stand. Those executing bigotry, racism and discrimination are fostering a destructive environment that goes against the values in which I live by. Why in the world would you want to stand on the side of hate and exclusion?

You are on the side of hate and exclusion, and you don't even realize it.

So 1 "girl" getting to use a ladies room is righteous, but the 30 women made uncomfortable by it are haters?

You are on the side of hate and exclusion, and you don't even realize it.

So 1 "girl" getting to use a ladies room is righteous, but the 30 women made uncomfortable by it are haters?
Let me answer your question with a question to make my pointā€¦ if one black person eating at a restaurant makes the 30 white customers uncomfortable then is standing up for the black persons right to eat there righteous? Of course it is. Now I do understand the conundrum with trans using restrooms and playing sports in schools so I agree that those issues need to be carefully figured out. But in general per our conversation, there is right and wrong and standing up for right in the face of wrong is always righteous

Haha, youā€™re right, gays were not asking for the exact same things. That wasnā€™t my point but I think you know that. Is this really going over your head or are you just being difficult? Gays had their own issues and their own things they wanted and were being attacked for. Iā€™m not claiming that all those issues were the exact same as trans. Im saying that not so long ago they were attacked by our ā€œsocietyā€ in a very similar way as trans, still are in many cases. There wasnā€™t a large attempt to understand and acceptā€¦ it was demonize, degrade, avoid and send them to the mental hospital to get fixed. What I hope you see as ugly and wrong about the treatment for gays is exactly how many see the treatment of trans now. When our kids are our age they will look back at these times and be ashamed of how we treated our fellow citizens and neighbors.
It wasn't a similar way. That is where we disagree. Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? Gays never asked me to call them a different pronoun or to ignore their biology. They just asked to be able to have relations with the same sex in peace and marry the same sex. Zero issues with that. You asking me to call you a woman and allow you in the same locker room and competitive events as my daughters is asking too much. We are going in circles. Why can you not just acknowledge what I am saying instead of parroting...well in the past others felt bad. Don't care. Apples and oranges.

Let me answer your question with a question to make my pointā€¦ if one black person eating at a restaurant makes the 30 white customers uncomfortable then is standing up for the black persons right to eat there righteous? Of course it is. Now I do understand the conundrum with trans using restrooms and playing sports in schools so I agree that those issues need to be carefully figured out. But in general per our conversation, there is right and wrong and standing up for right in the face of wrong is always righteous
False conflation again. Eating is not something done in private. A locker room is. Competitive sports are and you cannot have it both ways. You cannot identify as a woman sometimes but not all the time. If a person wants to eat naked and they are OK and 30 in there are not OK, should the person be allowed to eat naked? No. Please stop with your idiotic false conflations. They are making you look even more stupid than you usually look.

It wasn't a similar way. That is where we disagree. Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? Gays never asked me to call them a different pronoun or to ignore their biology. They just asked to be able to have relations with the same sex in peace and marry the same sex. Zero issues with that. You asking me to call you a woman and allow you in the same locker room and competitive events as my daughters is asking too much. We are going in circles. Why can you not just acknowledge what I am saying instead of parroting...well in the past others felt bad. Don't care. Apples and oranges.
Yes gays asked to be able to love who they want to love and to marry them and have the same legal rights as straight couples and they were demonized for decades. Still are today. The demonization is very similar to what you say about trans. They are sick, mentally ill, donā€™t expose our kids to it, keep it out of our sight, keep them out of my store etc etc. send them to the doctor and they will fix them. Sound familiar??

im well aware there are different issues with trans people. Iā€™m not saying they are the same. But the reaction from those in society that are pushing back is very similar. Why do you care if you call somebody by a different pronoun? That to me is the easiest way to find balanceā€¦ If you donā€™t want to call a he a she then fine how about a T she? Or something to differentiate. Come up with something to try and bridge the gap. But thatā€™s not what youre doing. Youā€™re giving the same bigoted hateful responses to Trans people that the gays got.

False conflation again. Eating is not something done in private. A locker room is. Competitive sports are and you cannot have it both ways. You cannot identify as a woman sometimes but not all the time. If a person wants to eat naked and they are OK and 30 in there are not OK, should the person be allowed to eat naked? No. Please stop with your idiotic false conflations. They are making you look even more stupid than you usually look.
Well now youā€™re conflating differentiating actions with somebodyā€™s simple presence. Thatā€™s not an honest argument. Yet again youā€™re missing the point of the debate I was having with Marvin. Iā€™m not talking about locker rooms and sports. We were talking about right and wrong and my point was countering his statement that one person making 30 people feel uncomfortable means that one person is in the wrong. Thatā€™s not true

Yes gays asked to be able to love who they want to love and to marry them and have the same legal rights as straight couples and they were demonized for decades. Still are today. The demonization is very similar to what you say about trans. They are sick, mentally ill, donā€™t expose our kids to it, keep it out of our sight, keep them out of my store etc etc. send them to the doctor and they will fix them. Sound familiar??

im well aware there are different issues with trans people. Iā€™m not saying they are the same. But the reaction from those in society that are pushing back is very similar. Why do you care if you call somebody by a different pronoun? That to me is the easiest way to find balanceā€¦ If you donā€™t want to call a he a she then fine how about a T she? Or something to differentiate. Come up with something to try and bridge the gap. But thatā€™s not what youre doing. Youā€™re giving the same bigoted hateful responses to Trans people that the gays got.
No it is not the same. Yes there are many people who are prejudice. Fat people were discriminated against as well and still are. I do not care about that. Until five minutes ago gender dysphoria was considered a mental illness and to me it remains as such. Why do you dismiss my schizophrenia example? Doesn't fit your leftist narrative. There is no bridge or gap. I am not changing the English language to satisfy less than 1% of the population because they feel uncomfortable.

If you're born male you're man. End of story. If you're born female, you're a woman. End of story. Enough of acquiescing to crazies. These responses are neither hateful nor bigoted IMO. So if for example a school club wants to have six people, three girls and three boys and one of the boys in the school identifies as a girl then he may take a place of an actual girl. How is that remotely fair? This is absolute craziness. Biological males don't understand how biological women feel so the hell do they know they are actually women? It is a disease that needs to be cured not cultivated.

Well now youā€™re conflating differentiating actions with somebodyā€™s simple presence. Thatā€™s not an honest argument. Yet again youā€™re missing the point of the debate I was having with Marvin. Iā€™m not talking about locker rooms and sports. We were talking about right and wrong and my point was countering his statement that one person making 30 people feel uncomfortable means that one person is in the wrong. Thatā€™s not true
You cannot pick and choose when to call them "she" and when to call them "he". How convenient. And many disagree with you and state they should be allowed in locker rooms and sports competitions because we have let it get that far. Its stupid and should not be allowed. Period. Right and wrong is subjective. My point is I do not want people with penises in the same locker room as my kids or playing physical sports against them. Period. End of story. I will not call them "She" unless they explicitly ask and then I will out of politeness only. I still believe them to be mentally ill.

No it is not the same. Yes there are many people who are prejudice. Fat people were discriminated against as well and still are. I do not care about that. Until five minutes ago gender dysphoria was considered a mental illness and to me it remains as such. Why do you dismiss my schizophrenia example? Doesn't fit your leftist narrative. There is no bridge or gap. I am not changing the English language to satisfy less than 1% of the population because they feel uncomfortable.

If you're born male you're man. End of story. If you're born female, you're a woman. End of story. Enough of acquiescing to crazies. These responses are neither hateful nor bigoted IMO. So if for example a school club wants to have six people, three girls and three boys and one of the boys in the school identifies as a girl then he may take a place of an actual girl. How is that remotely fair? This is absolute craziness. Biological males don't understand how biological women feel so the hell do they know they are actually women? It is a disease that needs to be cured not cultivated.
Well thatā€™s not the end of story because some people feel quite differently than what you mean when you say man. Gay was also viewed as a mental illness as well. What if the best medicine to fix this illness is simply love and acceptence. Why is that so hard for so many people. Gays are finally starting to be accepted but still deal with tons of judgement and discrimination in many areas of this country. Trans are in the early stages of integrating in with society. Like I said when our kids are our age they will view trans like we view gay and will look back at the things that were said an done against the LGBTQ community right now as a disgraceful and oppressive time in our history. Just like we feel about with Jim Crow from our parents and grandparents generation.

Well thatā€™s not the end of story because some people feel quite differently than what you mean when you say man. Gay was also viewed as a mental illness as well. What if the best medicine to fix this illness is simply love and acceptence. Why is that so hard for so many people. Gays are finally starting to be accepted but still deal with tons of judgement and discrimination in many areas of this country. Trans are in the early stages of integrating in with society. Like I said when our kids are our age they will view trans like we view gay and will look back at the things that were said an done against the LGBTQ community right now as a disgraceful and oppressive time in our history. Just like we feel about with Jim Crow from our parents and grandparents generation.
Don't tell me how my kids will view anything. Trans and Gays aren't even on the same planet. Gays still have the same body parts. Not so with trans. That is a huge difference. And conflating that with Jim Crow is another leftist trick and again you didn't address the schizophrenia example. Why not?

Hmmmmm......

Again, how does the man know how it feels to be a woman when they are not a woman. Please explain that.

Don't tell me how my kids will view anything. Trans and Gays aren't even on the same planet. Gays still have the same body parts. Not so with trans. That is a huge difference. And conflating that with Jim Crow is another leftist trick and again you didn't address the schizophrenia example. Why not?

Hmmmmm......

Again, how does the man know how it feels to be a woman when they are not a woman. Please explain that.
Thereā€™s no trick and I wasnā€™t talking about your kids specifically I was speaking generally. ā€œOur kidsā€¦ as in their generation ā€œ why do I need to explain that?!

Jim Crow, gays and trans are all similar as they are oppression from a society that wonā€™t accept people for who they are. These people are deemed dirty or stupid or sick or dangerous or perverted or a threat and they are demonized. Donā€™t tell me there isnā€™t a relation. Of course there is. Just because youā€™ve accepted blacks and gays and are stuck in a cloud of bigotry towards trans doesnā€™t mean you are doing the same shit that the racists and homophobs do to those other groups. You are

Thereā€™s no trick and I wasnā€™t talking about your kids specifically I was speaking generally. ā€œOur kidsā€¦ as in their generation ā€œ why do I need to explain that?!

Jim Crow, gays and trans are all similar as they are oppression from a society that wonā€™t accept people for who they are. These people are deemed dirty or stupid or sick or dangerous or perverted or a threat and they are demonized. Donā€™t tell me there isnā€™t a relation. Of course there is. Just because youā€™ve accepted blacks and gays and are stuck in a cloud of bigotry towards trans doesnā€™t mean you are doing the same shit that the racists and homophobs do to those other groups. You are
Wrong again. You cannot control your skin color or sexual attraction. That is not illness. Mental illness is real and just like we don't cater to schizophrenics we should not cater to crazy people who believe they are a different gender.

Wrong again. You cannot control your skin color or sexual attraction. That is not illness. Mental illness is real and just like we don't cater to schizophrenics we should not cater to crazy people who believe they are a different gender.
Why is it more of an illness than being gay? You don't think its natural for a man to feel like he is in the wrong body and want to express themselves like our society has painted women to look and act... Other would say that it isn't natural to be attracted to somebody of the same sex and would also call that in illness. So why is gay natural and trans an illness?

Why is it more of an illness than being gay? You don't think its natural for a man to feel like he is in the wrong body and want to express themselves like our society has painted women to look and act... Other would say that it isn't natural to be attracted to somebody of the same sex and would also call that in illness. So why is gay natural and trans an illness?
Itā€™s not natural no. They have no idea what itā€™s like to be a woman. None. Being gay is sexual attraction. Completely different. It doesnā€™t mean I understand it as I like women and women liking other women is cool. So yeah OK. But trans? Same as schizophrenia. Mental illness. Why do we not cater to schizophrenics? You keep dodging that.

Forum List

Back