Appears being transgender is cool??

Really? So I wrote that in three different posts. So you’re rude and don’t read my posts. I see
You know I addressed the question a while ago right? I addressed it when saw it. If I missed it the first time then I apologize. Don’t know what else you want to hear

Race and pretending to be something you are not while DEMANDING others accept that you are something you are not are two different things, and quite frankly insulting to black people who actually suffered discrimination based simply on their skin color.
Hahaha. Did you think I was somehow trying to say that being black and trans are the exact same thing?!?! What in the world would give you that impression??

You know I addressed the question a while ago right? I addressed it when saw it. If I missed it the first time then I apologize. Don’t know what else you want to hear
Missed it the first three times? You leftists need to talk less and listen more

Hahaha. Did you think I was somehow trying to say that being black and trans are the exact same thing?!?! What in the world would give you that impression??
Your narrative. You also conflated being gay and being trans. You cannot admit that trans is a mental disorder.

Your narrative. You also conflated being gay and being trans. You cannot admit that trans is a mental disorder.
I didn’t conflate a thing. Sounds like you just didn’t understand the point I was making. Take your own advice that you just gave me and read more carefully. Comprehend

It's implied in your original comparison. Stop trying to be coy.

So neither martybegan nor I understood your point. Maybe the issue is you and not us? Possible?
Yes possible but not likely. You both have a record of distorting my words and changing the focus of the debate towards other subjects when you can’t hang with the topic being discussed. You’ve done it a few times even in this thread

It's implied in your original comparison. Stop trying to be coy.
No it’s not implied and it’s an idiotic assumption for you to make and a weak attempt to change the subject. Here I’ll recap and remind you what we were talking about. You made a point that if allowing one trans in a bathroom makes 30 women feel uncomfortable then that was somehow proof that the trans person’s position was wrong and not righteous. I countered that with a situation involving a black person in a restaurant. I wasn’t saying that the situations were the exact same. I’m saying your statement that the feelings of 30 people vs 1 doesn’t necessarily prove what’s right and wrong. There is much more to it.

Yes possible but not likely. You both have a record of distorting my words and changing the focus of the debate towards other subjects when you can’t hang with the topic being discussed. You’ve done it a few times even in this thread
I disagree. To me conflating the struggles of gays and PoC is apples and oranges when discussing mental illness, which is what gender dysphoria is.

I disagree. To me conflating the struggles of gays and PoC is apples and oranges when discussing mental illness, which is what gender dysphoria is.
Do you remember when a large part of our society said that homosexuality was a mental illness and they did electroshock therapy to try and fix the gays? You agree that was part of their plight dont you?

Do you remember when a large part of our society said that homosexuality was a mental illness and they did electroshock therapy to try and fix the gays? You agree that was part of their plight dont you?
Nope I do not. I was in HS in the 90s and gays were readily accepted. So no, I do not agree it was part of their "plight"...again you're conflating gays with those who have a true mental illness. Gender Dysphoria. Until about five minutes ago it was considered an illness and now leftists have decided it is "normal"...not buying it. And you're a hypocrite.

#1) You say they should be accepted.
#2) You say only accepted but not trans women in female locker rooms or female sports.

You're double talking...you likely won't address this and claim you didn't see it. Liar. We should treat gender dysphoria like we treat schizophrenia. With therapy and medication not with acquiescence.

Nope I do not. I was in HS in the 90s and gays were readily accepted. So no, I do not agree it was part of their "plight"...again you're conflating gays with those who have a true mental illness. Gender Dysphoria. Until about five minutes ago it was considered an illness and now leftists have decided it is "normal"...not buying it. And you're a hypocrite.

#2) You say only accepted but not trans women in female locker rooms or female sports.

You're double talking...you likely won't address this and claim you didn't see it. Liar. We should treat gender dysphoria like we treat schizophrenia. With therapy and medication not with acquiescence.
Haha, really? Gays were accepted in the 90s? Could they get married? Pull your head out of your ass... Gays were practically persecuted in the 80's after the AIDS epidemic and it wasn't till 2015 that the SCOTUS ruled that they could legally marry in the USA. Aside from the legal they have and still do fight social battles on the daily.

I bring up gays because a large portion of our society considered being gay a mental illness in decades past and it took generations to get society to start to accept them. You are at the beginning stages with Trans, using the same language and discriminatory tactics that were used against gays two generations ago. This is where the relation is.

There isn't a medical cure to go fix gay or fix trans or lessen the symptoms like there is for depression or schizophrenia. Your claims that they are mentally ill and should see a doctor isn't a solution it is a cop out and doesn't lead curing them of their trans. Most often doctors help them cope and transition if thats what they desire to do.

Just because I think trans people should be "accepted" as you put it doesn't mean I'm supporting throwing boys into girls locker rooms. Situations with children need to be treated sensitively and situations while people are questioning and transitioning need to also be treated with care. There is no clear cut answer, we need to learn more and have open and honest discussions about what's going on and how we can best accommodate as a society.

Haha, really? Gays were accepted in the 90s? Could they get married? Pull your head out of your ass... Gays were practically persecuted in the 80's after the AIDS epidemic and it wasn't till 2015 that the SCOTUS ruled that they could legally marry in the USA. Aside from the legal they have and still do fight social battles on the daily.

I bring up gays because a large portion of our society considered being gay a mental illness in decades past and it took generations to get society to start to accept them. You are at the beginning stages with Trans, using the same language and discriminatory tactics that were used against gays two generations ago. This is where the relation is.

There isn't a medical cure to go fix gay or fix trans or lessen the symptoms like there is for depression or schizophrenia. Your claims that they are mentally ill and should see a doctor isn't a solution it is a cop out and doesn't lead curing them of their trans. Most often doctors help them cope and transition if thats what they desire to do.
"Large portion"? No.

Marriage was considered to be lawful between a man and a woman. Many still consider that to be the case due to religion. I think all marriage is stupid but no not a "large portion". Funny all these links about gender dysphoria. The problem with allowing gay marriage is that leftists like you are never satisfied. Next you go to trans. And you of course ignored my points about you being a hypocrite.

If Gender Dysphoria isn't a mental illness then why do all these sites state that it is? Same sites don't state that being gay is a mental illness....hmmmm

Just because I think trans people should be "accepted" as you put it doesn't mean I'm supporting throwing boys into girls locker rooms. Situations with children need to be treated sensitively and situations while people are questioning and transitioning need to also be treated with care. There is no clear cut answer, we need to learn more and have open and honest discussions about what's going on and how we can best accommodate as a society.
That is hypocrisy. If you agree that trans girls are equal to biological girls then you need to stop discriminating. Bigot!

Learn more about what? The mental illness?

"Large portion"? No.

Marriage was considered to be lawful between a man and a woman. Many still consider that to be the case due to religion. I think all marriage is stupid but no not a "large portion". Funny all these links about gender dysphoria. The problem with allowing gay marriage is that leftists like you are never satisfied. Next you go to trans. And you of course ignored my points about you being a hypocrite.

If Gender Dysphoria isn't a mental illness then why do all these sites state that it is? Same sites don't state that being gay is a mental illness....hmmmm

Wrong, there is no problem with allowing gay marriage, it's just simply the right thing to do. It isn't an allowance or concession to the left, its right and wrong.
That is hypocrisy. If you agree that trans girls are equal to biological girls then you need to stop discriminating. Bigot!

Learn more about what? The mental illness?
i never said trans girls were equal to biological girls, obviously there are differences. where did you get that from?!

Wrong, there is no problem with allowing gay marriage, it's just simply the right thing to do. It isn't an allowance or concession to the left, its right and wrong.

i never said trans girls were equal to biological girls, obviously there are differences. where did you get that from?!
Your posts. Trans want equal rights. Yes or no?

Forum List

Back