Antiamericanism on the right.

That is not anti-American. Not even close. Words have meaning. Until and unless you have valid verified proof that persons against Chicago receiving the bid were in fact against America itself in any and all ways, you are using the word anti-American in a wrong manner.

Are there any more conditions you would like to set to narrow the definition, a definition that when complied with you will not accept anyway no matter what the poster says because you aren't dealing with the truth of the narrow fringe of loony rightwing nutters that cannot handle that the world and the USA are no longer exclusively white male property?

It's honestly shocking to me to see conservatives across the world applauding at the city of Chicago losing it's bid for the Olympics in 2016. Apparently seeing an opportunity for America's cultural and economic gain pass America by is a cause for celebration, simply because it represents Obama's efforts toward that have failed. If Obama was trying to climb up a tree to save a kitten dangling over the highway, and the kitten let go and fell to it's death before he could get to it, I imagine that the kittens demise would be greeted with fanfare by the conservative community, with pundits slapping each other on the back and saying "I guess that shows him!"

I'm starting to wonder whose fucking side you guys are on. It doesn't seem to be ours.
Oh, off it.

Boyking only made the pitch for the Olympics so his pals in the Chicago machine could clean up on real estate deals and other various and sundry gubmint boondoggles.

Your cynicism guage needs a cleaning and recalibration.

And you have close personal insider knowledge of this because???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

AND

You can prove this exactly how?

:disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::disbelief::disbelief:

Chicago lost the battle to get the Olympics in the first round of voting. That tells me a couple of things. It shows me that Chicago was never being heavily considered by the Olympic Committee in the first place and the Olympic Committee wasn't all that impressed with Obama's appearance there to try to land the Olympics for the City of Chicago. I don't think it was very Presidential for him to have even gone to make such a "high level" attempt to land the Olympics. I think it was pretty pathetic on his part. Nobody seemed too impressed that "The Prez" came to make the plea for the Olympics. I think it was more a "self-serving" attempt on his part to make himself look good rather than for actual good for the country. He's sickening. Actually I think it was kind of funny. He makes this big trip to play "The Presidential Card" to land the Olympics - and even sends his wife along ahead of him to make an even bigger splash and nobody on the Olympic Committee really gave a shit about him or the pathetic speech he made to grab the Olympics. Guess somebody on his staff should have told him what a dope he was going to look like if he failed.
Traditionally the world leaders of the countries in question go to this meeting. The King of Spain went, the PM of Japan, what ever the head of Brazil...maybe you think the leaders of the countries that lost should now commit suicide?

Seriously, could you people be any more transparent and hypocritical>

You realize the Olympics tend to cause nothing but problems for the host city, correct? Why would we want that for any American city?

Yes, I can see how all that money from tourists and atheletes would be a serious problem for Chicago. I don't know how they'd ever recover.

here is the problem, they dont get a lot of money from tourists etc...the taxpayers of chicago end up paying a fortune...i posted a bunch of links on a thread yesterday to prove how costly olympic games are to the host city. i am pretty far to the left and i dont think the games are a good thing for this country right now. montreal is just now paying off the debt..after how many decades? so yea call me unamerican for not wanting to see the taxpayers of chicago hosed...call me unamerican for knowing fucking facts....i know that is just unamerican to the left and to the right...

if the damn truth fairy came in here...yall would beat her to death with a stick.

Last edited:
It's honestly shocking to me to see conservatives across the world applauding at the city of Chicago losing it's bid for the Olympics in 2016. Apparently seeing an opportunity for America's cultural and economic gain pass America by is a cause for celebration, simply because it represents Obama's efforts toward that have failed. If Obama was trying to climb up a tree to save a kitten dangling over the highway, and the kitten let go and fell to it's death before he could get to it, I imagine that the kittens demise would be greeted with fanfare by the conservative community, with pundits slapping each other on the back and saying "I guess that shows him!"

I'm starting to wonder whose fucking side you guys are on. It doesn't seem to be ours.

Oh! the drama! oh god! we shall swoon soon.

South America is long past due to host a Olympic event, anyway.

Too bad for Chicago, though.

ROFLMNAO...

Bad News sis... The Right... IS AMERICA.

And we're not applauding anything... we're laughing at the Muslim Marxist poser which you idiots elected as the President of the US.

We're laughing at him, personally; how he so publically demonstrated his buffoonery... his hubris... his failed messiah-ship.

As far as Chicago goes... its a bed of leftism from stem to stern and as such the only certainty is that had that cesspool be selected, it would have been a running stream of scandels, graft, corrupt to its core and made a mockery of everything the Olympics stand for.

Last edited:
PI is overdosing on those drugs again. The wingtoid right is NOT America, never has been America, and will never be America. Move on.

Obama tired, that is all you can do. Sad how the right cannot get over losing the last election, it is clear today that democracy does not appeal to them.

Chicago lost the battle to get the Olympics in the first round of voting. That tells me a couple of things. It shows me that Chicago was never being heavily considered by the Olympic Committee in the first place and the Olympic Committee wasn't all that impressed with Obama's appearance there to try to land the Olympics for the City of Chicago. I don't think it was very Presidential for him to have even gone to make such a "high level" attempt to land the Olympics. I think it was pretty pathetic on his part. Nobody seemed too impressed that "The Prez" came to make the plea for the Olympics. I think it was more a "self-serving" attempt on his part to make himself look good rather than for actual good for the country. He's sickening. Actually I think it was kind of funny. He makes this big trip to play "The Presidential Card" to land the Olympics - and even sends his wife along ahead of him to make an even bigger splash and nobody on the Olympic Committee really gave a shit about him or the pathetic speech he made to grab the Olympics. Guess somebody on his staff should have told him what a dope he was going to look like if he failed.
Traditionally the world leaders of the countries in question go to this meeting. The King of Spain went, the PM of Japan, what ever the head of Brazil...maybe you think the leaders of the countries that lost should now commit suicide?

Seriously, could you people be any more transparent and hypocritical>

Which of course makes me wonder if there wasn't another motive for Obama's driveby attendance. At that level of the political game, not much is ever what it really seems.

I lived in the SF Bay Area in 1984 when the Olympic Games came to LA and Stanford (SF Bay Area) got some of the Soccer matches. I thought it was really cool to have some of the games so close by, but I didn't go to the games. It would have been nice if Chicago had won the bid for 2016, but they didn't get it this time. I'm certain there will be other chances for the U.S. to host the games.

It doesn't bother me that Rio won the 2016 games. I've always wanted to go to Rio. Maybe 2016 will be my chance?

The fact that Chicago lost the bid doesn't mean Rio is better than Chicago or Madrid or any other city. It simply means that the Olympic Committee chose South America for those games. That is not a snub of Chicago or the U.S. It is nothing more than the committee choosing a different city for 2016.

The games are supposed to be for the entire world... when was the last time the Olympics were in South America? Um, never, the closest they have come was Mexico in 1968.

Congratulations to Rio 2016! As for Chicago 2016, good try and better luck next time.

Oh, wait, did someone say that the President had his hand in bringing the games to Chicago? It was a failure of the President that Chicago lost? I doubt it.

Immie

PI is overdosing on those drugs again. The wingtoid right is NOT America, never has been America, and will never be America. Move on.

you mean MoveON.org donchya? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

fucking crybaby

Dontcha love that nonsense Willow?

I mean the American Right is what? It's the ideology of individual liberty... the ideology of unalienable Human Rights...

And those who rest in ignore... the advocates of Left-think come to stand upon the DELUSION that 'America is: the advocacy of nanny-state ever encroaching government, thr purpose of which is to take the risk out of life... to protect the people from want... to fulfill the every NEED...'

And this despite the record of such being that every experiment which has ever sought to provide for such; has only promoted greater want for the fulfillment of the endless needs by those which that experiment sought to serve in the first place.

Let's be honest kids... America is not, never has been and can not exist where the prevailing opinion is that which stands against everything America stands for.

I lived in the SF Bay Area in 1984 when the Olympic Games came to LA and Stanford (SF Bay Area) got some of the Soccer matches. I thought it was really cool to have some of the games so close by, but I didn't go to the games. It would have been nice if Chicago had won the bid for 2016, but they didn't get it this time. I'm certain there will be other chances for the U.S. to host the games.

It doesn't bother me that Rio won the 2016 games. I've always wanted to go to Rio. Maybe 2016 will be my chance?

The fact that Chicago lost the bid doesn't mean Rio is better than Chicago or Madrid or any other city. It simply means that the Olympic Committee chose South America for those games. That is not a snub of Chicago or the U.S. It is nothing more than the committee choosing a different city for 2016.

The games are supposed to be for the entire world... when was the last time the Olympics were in South America? Um, never, the closest they have come was Mexico in 1968.

Congratulations to Rio 2016! As for Chicago 2016, good try and better luck next time.

Oh, wait, did someone say that the President had his hand in bringing the games to Chicago? It was a failure of the President that Chicago lost? I doubt it.

Immie

It's the tempest in a teapot du jour. Must really be a slow news day. :lol:

If I am not mistaken, wasn't the Liberal promise of an Obama presidency as it relates to the international scene that we would be loved by one and all? Wasn't that effect supposed to sweep numerous countries into the fights against terror in both Iraq and Afghanistan? Not sure that I'm seeing this happeing.

Weren't the dictators of the world supposed to stop hating and lay down their guns to worship the new and just USA under the leadership of Obama?

Wasn't every problem in the world an offshoot of the clumsy and cowboy approach of GWB?

So now GWB is retired in Texas and for the most part has been pretty silent. Certainly moreso than Carter was during the Bush years.

Obama in the mean time has done what?

Signed into law the expenditure of more than 1 TRILLION dollars between the other half of the TARP and the Stimulus, bail out, buy out, pay off bill. Results? Auto sales are tanking. Chrysler is Foreign owned. Saturn is shut down and the US Auto Workers Union is alive and well even though most of the real US Auto workers are employed by foreign companies and are not in the UAW. Unemployment just shy of 10%.

The dictators of the world are in a love fest with whom? How about Korea? Iran? Venezuela? Russia? China? Korea pretty much is just waiting for another bribe. Iran is racing toward a Nuke. Venezuela is developing a "special" relationship with Obama as the little country that keeps making an monkey's pitute of Obama. Russia's view of "re-set" is to re-establish its sphere of influence in the Eastern Block and Obama removes the missile shield. Interesting push back there... China continues to become the world's economic super power.

Iran's new nukes and new missiles are an interesting combo platter especially in view of the removed missile shield. It goes nicely with a side of Korean Missiles on a bed of Japanese rearmament.

Losing the Olympics to Rio is not the cause of the celebration. This is just an exposure of the complete and utter lack of accomplishment that this president has given us. It is not the loss itself but rather what it brings into crystal clarity.

The Left says that he's is ultra competent and his record says that he's a bumbling fool with no experience, poor judgement, questionable affilliations and an absolutely great speaking style. Starting about three months or so back, every time his face came on the screen, which was often, I asked, "How stupid does he think we are?"

No matter how beautifully he speaks about his partisan, divisive view of the country and the world, it is still partisan and is still divisive.

The polls may or may not be correct, but this Olympic thingy is undeniably revealing. The International Community has spoken.

Last edited:
The issue is one of the failure of The BOY King... it was his to lose and this is a direct result of his having made it so.

Your boy lost kids... He used the same influence that he will bring to the table in dealing with Iran and the Taliban... and with the same results.

But more importantly... His loss is shared by EVERY ONE OF YOU THAT VOTED FOR HIS SORRY MARXIST ASS!

Which is only fair, given that such is what LOSERS... DO!

Dude they made about a quarter of a billion because they lied about the costs of a whole host of things especially security for the event and the atheletes. What they actaully made was a net loss that they lied about.

Forum List

Back