Another new study blows holes in the fear factor narrative the left is promoting

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

Any guesses what the REAL mortality rate of this virus is? Apparently the VAST MAJORITY of people never even know they have the virus.

• Banned
The virus has been pretty well promoted by the White House Coronavirus Task Force itself. Then there are Trump's interjections so that we end up with an administration playing both ends against the middle.
I said on here, over a month ago, that he shouldn't be on tv every damn day with this shit and I stand behind that assertion.

Any guesses what the REAL mortality rate of this virus is? Apparently the VAST MAJORITY of people never even know they have the virus.

Is the study peer reviewed? As I said before COVID is killing hundreds of New Yorkers a day even with strict social distancing guidelines, so why is the death rate such an import topic of conversation? We know significantly more people are going to die if people go about their normal buisness.

It is between .3% and .6% as we predicted over a month ago

why is the death rate such an import topic of conversation?
Because being TRUTHFULLY informed allows you to make risk based decisions with confidence rather than knee jerk emotional responses.
I get that the virus hit someone you know and so you're emotionally invested. But that emotional investment does not negate that we MUST make decisions based on the facts not the speculation of fear of the unknown.
Our species would have gone extinct by now had we acted this way over risks before.

The fact that the death rate is lower than we thought is a direct result of shutting down the nation....and even with that we have 40,000 dead and counting....The new studies that the virus is wider spread and been here longer than we knew are being questioned by top scientists all over the nation...I'm all in favor of opening back up the nation because poverty kills as well but to try and suggest that this is not a deadly easy to catch virus is a fallacy.....and Trump has to give daily updates because if he didn't the lying media would set the narrative everyday...and that would cause panic and more.....

More and more of this data piling up. Epidemiologists have been saying from day 1 that far more people were infected than being reported.

We went with the data we had, which was woefully wrong, and ignored those voices. Now getting people incorporate new data into their understanding of what we are dealing with is as much of a challenge as anything else.

Without a national testing strategy, speculation will continue to run rampant.

Because being TRUTHFULLY informed allows you to make risk based decisions with confidence rather than knee jerk emotional responses.
I get that the virus hit someone you know and so you're emotionally invested. But that emotional investment does not negate that we MUST make decisions based on the facts not the speculation of fear of the unknown.
Our species would have gone extinct by now had we acted this way over risks before.

Yeah but you have to look at all the data and base decisions off of that, rather then cherry-pick one specific piece of data to guide you. Besides we don’t have conclusive data on the death rate. What we do know is 2k ppl a day are dying.

Without a national testing strategy, speculation will continue to run rampant.

its not that we don’t have a strategy. We do, it just takes time to implement. And relative to the rest of the world we’re doing a pretty good job testing, despite the criticism

Something like 60-80 percent never receive any symptoms and never get sick. Probably over 50-80 million infected in the US but will never get sick.

link?

I could easily see 60 percent of people who have no symptoms.

Yeah but you have to look at all the data and base decisions off of that, rather then cherry-pick one specific piece of data to guide you. Besides we don’t have conclusive data on the death rate. What we do know is 2k ppl a day are dying.

We know they're dying but we don't know the total number of infected.

Something like 60-80 percent never receive any symptoms and never get sick. Probably over 50-80 million infected in the US but will never get sick.

link?

How in the world would a child doctor be able to know these things?

The data regarding the risk % is the only data that should matter with regards to economic activity. You keep parroting the damn death toll as if it is the be all end all. Fact is if you remove a couple of the bug cities from the equation then the virus is impotent percentage wise. Most of the nation does not live like sardines in a can like they do in those cities. That is why those cities are sick.
In Missouri we have 6+ million residents and just over 200 deaths. Does shutting down make sense based on those numbers to you?

It is you people who keep cherry picking the worst numbers from the worst hit areas. Then when we show the REAL infection rate of those areas y'all wanna play semantics.

link?

How in the world would a child doctor be able to know these things?

How in the world would they not?

Forum List

Back