Another modest advantage to solar PV power

How much power was being generated when the Hurricane was full force up on it? 0% because there was no sun....Yep, when you needed it most, it just wasnt there,
Did you understand the article? How about the title. Look at the picture. Do you see battery storage? What a fn dink you are.

Did you understand the article? How about the title. Look at the picture. Do you see battery storage? What a fn dink you are.
During my time in Hurricane Ian, i lost power twice for over 30 minutes each. Guess what? Didnt lose power long about 30 seconds while my generator came on line. Dont have to worry about nightime, or stormy weather. Must suck to be you.

1664746375480.png

heres a novel idea. Lets use power from all sources. Solar, wind, oil, natural gas and nuclear and then
we will be doing just fine. As EV technology improves from market demand then they're use will increase.
Can you imagine if it was winter time and this happened, with the shortest time during the day? No charge , nothing....But, Okaydokayfine, you keep on believing...

During my time in Hurricane Ian, i lost power twice for over 30 minutes each. Guess what? Didnt lose power long about 30 seconds while my generator came on line. Dont have to worry about nightime, or stormy weather. Must suck to be you.

View attachment 704614
I have two houses in Florida. One lost power for 30 minutes. The other didn't lose power at all. So... how much did that generator cost you?

I have two houses in Florida. One lost power for 30 minutes. The other didn't lose power at all. So... how much did that generator cost you?
It cost me a lot, but well worth it, because when you have a 90 year old mother in law, her comforts come first. Can you image losing power in the middle of summer when the temperature is in the 90s and the humidity is 70% and you have no air conditioning? I dont have to worry about it....

Take a picture and prove it.
Now that you have pissed me off, my invitation to you has be revoked.

From my front door looking out..........From my entrance looking in.................My front door entrance...........................My Generac Generator......
House5.jpg House4.jpg House1.jpg House3.jpg

I think the biggest takeaway from the OP's article is that solar PV installations can fairly easily be made sufficiently durable to resist high winds and flooding. The most common cause of power loss in storms, however, is from downed lines and Babcock Ranch has buried power and internet lines. They have also constructed their streets to handle storm water so the houses don't. This is all simply addressing regional climate issues as any new construction anywhere ought to be doing.

Forum List

Back