"And I will Kill them with Death" - Revelation 2:23

There certainly is no shortage of the children of Jezebel in christianity and the world:

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

23 ]And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Not all Christian sects accept the Book of Revelations. John wrote the "Book of Revelations" while exiled to the island of Patmos and based upon what he claims to have seen, was influenced by the local hallucinogenic plant there and his visions can be taken as just that....hallucinations.

There certainly is no shortage of the children of Jezebel in christianity and the world:

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

23 ]And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Not all Christian sects accept the Book of Revelations. John wrote the "Book of Revelations" while exiled to the island of Patmos and based upon what he claims to have seen, was influenced by the local hallucinogenic plant there and his visions can be taken as just that....hallucinations.
the natural man receives not the things of the spirit, and are foolishness to him - I Cor 2:14

Sects = sex. It's the same word from ancient Latin.
John rebuked the whore of Babylon so severely that some of those street ladies can't take it.
The whole Book of Revelation is the divine truth, however.

Did you want a verse by verse breakdown?
No, in general. Let's start with the basics.

Revelation is basically in the form of a letter to the 7 real churches in Asia Minor: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea (see chapters 2 and 3).

This is unparalleled in apocalyptic writing and has to be due ultimately to the impact that Paul's letter writing made on the New Testament church. Paul's letters had become so important that the literary form was imitated even by an apocalyptic writer.

The book of Revelation as a whole has the external form of a letter in that it begins with an opening salutation (1:4-6) and closes with a benediction (22:21).

The contrast in literary form between the direct address of the letters and the symbolic drama of the remainder of the book is startling, but no more so than the fact that an apocalyptic writer identifies himself and calls his work a prophecy.
Funny you mention Paul when I had just read this column. The author claims Jesus was a Zionist hoax to free Israel from Roman rule.
Review of David Skrbina’s <i>The Jesus Hoax: How St. Paul’s Cabal Fooled the World for Two Thousand Years</i>

Revelation is basically in the form of a letter to the 7 real churches in Asia Minor: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea (see chapters 2 and 3).

This is unparalleled in apocalyptic writing and has to be due ultimately to the impact that Paul's letter writing made on the New Testament church. Paul's letters had become so important that the literary form was imitated even by an apocalyptic writer.

The book of Revelation as a whole has the external form of a letter in that it begins with an opening salutation (1:4-6) and closes with a benediction (22:21).

The contrast in literary form between the direct address of the letters and the symbolic drama of the remainder of the book is startling, but no more so than the fact that an apocalyptic writer identifies himself and calls his work a prophecy.
Jesus is "The Spirit of Prophecy" The Holy Word of God specifically says that. The Book of Revelation is the testimony and prophecy of Jesus Christ written down by God and is the last God spoke to man until the last 7 years (Time of Jacob's Trouble) begin and God shows Himself again.

God has quietly worked behind the scenes since the crucifixion and resurrection when the prophetic clock was put on a pause & Messiah was the corner stone the builders rejected, and Messiah was cut off and would have nothing for Himself.

That ended the 69th week of week years of Daniel's Prophecy, leaving 1 week year, the 70th week left, called The Tribulation when the Prophetic End Times Clock starts again.

John rebuked the whore of Babylon so severely that some of those street ladies can't take it.

John was rehashing what had happened in the first century in the years after the crucifixion to offer comfort and encouragement to the new Christians of the 7 churches..

Its a letter. It wasn't about 2-3,000 years into the future. When Martin Luther had fallen out with the church in Rome he changed scripture to claim that Rome was the Whore of Babylon, but real futurism began with Darby in 1848 based on the dreams of a teen-aged girl..

Scofield promoted it with the Bible he wrote for Samuel Untermyer to promote Christian support for Zionism. It was all the rage during the trials of the Dust Bowl and the Great Deprression.

Later promoted by the Dallas Theological Seminary which Scofield founded.

Funny you mention Paul when I had just read this column. The author claims Jesus was a Zionist hoax to free Israel from Roman rule.
Review of David Skrbina’s <i>The Jesus Hoax: How St. Paul’s Cabal Fooled the World for Two Thousand Years</i>
Simple discernment, especially if you were to ask God for it, would tell you this is ridiculous.

Jesus is "The Spirit of Prophecy" The Holy Word of God specifically says that. The Book of Revelation is the testimony and prophecy of Jesus Christ written down by God and is the last God spoke to man until the last 7 years (Time of Jacob's Trouble) begin and God shows Himself again.

God has quietly worked behind the scenes since the crucifixion and resurrection when the prophetic clock was put on a pause & Messiah was the corner stone the builders rejected, and Messiah was cut off and would have nothing for Himself.

That ended the 69th week of week years of Daniel's Prophecy, leaving 1 week year, the 70th week left, called The Tribulation when the Prophetic End Times Clock starts again.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Dinggggg!

We have a winner.

OP, this is what I meant by general/the basics.

A week in Daniel’s prophecy was 2520 days. The numerology involved in the Bible is mathematic and spiritual precision

John was rehashing what had happened in the first century in the years after the crucifixion to offer comfort and encouragement to the new Christians of the 7 churches..

Its a letter. It wasn't about 2-3,000 years into the future. When Martin Luther had fallen out with the church in Rome he changed scripture to claim that Rome was the Whore of Babylon, but real futurism began with Darby in 1848 based on the dreams of a teen-aged girl..

Scofield promoted it with the Bible he wrote for Samuel Untermyer to promote Christian support for Zionism. It was all the rage during the trials of the Dust Bowl and the Great Deprression.

I tend to read Revelation as a history, too. I/O would say that if the Apocalypse were written after the fact, it would destroy Preterism, but I think not.

Prophecy uttered in the new age should bring shame to the fool uttering it (Zec 13:2-5), but I think the Revelator might have had his vision at the close of the war, or even as the temple literally crumbled. Certainly, he would have needed time to make sense of his vision, let alone to write it down.

We have a winner.

Since you think Original Tree's comment was a winner, I'm relieved I didn't cast any pearls. I usually don't.

Maybe he can elaborate for you what the Seven Thunders are in Rev 10:1-4 - since they are the culmination of the Seven Seals leading to Time No More.

What's that all about anyway? Time No More - how does that have anything to do with the Revelation of Jesus Christ?
Derp Derp :cool:

I tend to read Revelation as a history, too. I/O would say that if the Apocalypse were written after the fact, it would destroy Preterism, but I think not.

Prophecy uttered in the new age should bring shame to the fool uttering it (Zec 13:2-5), but I think the Revelator might have had his vision at the close of the war, or even as the temple literally crumbled. Certainly, he would have needed time to make sense of his vision, let alone to write it down.

Apocalyptic literature was very popular for about 300 years.. Everyone was writing them or rewriting them.

The Jewish original version of Revelation (or Apocalypse) of John, much more coherent than the final one, was written very likely (in Greek) late 70 or 71 C.E. in Syrian Antioch by a temple of Jerusalem ex-priest named John. This work offered an explanation for the holocaust of 70 C.E., with the destruction of Jerusalem & its temple, all of that at the hands of the Romans, and also a badly needed hope for the Diaspora Jews, so they would not lose their faith.

Revelation of John, the original Jewish version ...

Last edited:
A week in Daniel’s prophecy was 2520 days. The numerology involved in the Bible is mathematic and spiritual precision

The Book of Daniel was written in 168-164 BC about Antiochus IV Epiphanes (God Manifest).

Apocalyptic literature was very popular for about 300 years.. Everyone was writing them or rewriting them.

The Jewish original version of Revelation (or Apocalypse) of John, much more coherent than the final one, was written very likely (in Greek) late 70 or 71 C.E. in Syrian Antioch by a temple of Jerusalem ex-priest named John. This work offered an explanation for the holocaust of 70 C.E., with the destruction of Jerusalem & its temple, all of that at the hands of the Romans, and also a badly needed hope for the Diaspora Jews, so they would not lose their faith.

Interesting. I, too, would date the rough draft of Revelation in AD 70 or 71.

Most scholars date its composition in the 90s AD, based more on external evidence. A few date it shortly before AD 70 based on textual evidence. But for some reason, people seem not to consider the idea that the Revelator didn't write it in real time as he saw his vision. The final product obviously would have come later.

As an aside, I wouldn't say that the destruction was all at the hands of the Romans. Just because Rome was one of the beasts doesn't mean that she was an evil beast. In the Parable of the Wedding Feast, Jesus alluded to God’s army of Roman soldiers (Mt 22:7). The Apocalypse dramatizes the exploits of this army, and the Revelator explicitly reminds us of its relation to the Lord (Rv 19:19-20). The Jews made “war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army.” This Jewish beast – the Satan in the house of Israel – and its corrupt hierarchy with the lies they taught and all her soldiers who took its mark fought against Jesus and the Romans until captured. The Roman troops were his army; they belonged to the Lord.

The Jews were the people against whom Jesus railed. They were the hypocrites and whitewashed tombs.

Last edited:

Most scholars date its composition in the 90s AD, based more on external evidence. A few date it shortly before AD 70 based on textual evidence. But for some reason, people seem not to consider the idea that the Revelator didn't write it in real time as he saw his vision. The final product obviously would have come later.

As an aside, I wouldn't say that the destruction was all at the hands of the Romans. Just because Rome was one of the beasts doesn't mean that she was an evil beast. In the Parable of the Wedding Feast, Jesus alluded to God’s army of Roman soldiers (Mt 22:7). The Apocalypse dramatizes the exploits of this army, and the Revelator explicitly reminds us of its relation to the Lord (Rv 19:19-20).

The Jews made “war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army.” This beast – the Satan in the house of Israel – and its corrupt hierarchy with the lies they taught and all her soldiers who took its mark fought against Jesus and the Romans until captured. The Roman troops were his army; they belonged to the Lord.

The Jews were the people against whom Jesus railed. They were the hypocrites and whitewashed tombs.

I am aware of the dispute between the dating of Revelation in 70 AD or 90 AD.

Something to consider... Many soldiers under the command of Vespasian and Titus were Syrians, Arabs and Egyptians.. It allowed them to become Roman citizens.

I'm not convinced Titus wanted to destroy the Temple. IMO he lost control.

As an aside, I wouldn't say that the destruction was all at the hands of the Romans. Just because Rome was one of the beasts doesn't mean that she was an evil beast. In the Parable of the Wedding Feast, Jesus alluded to God’s army of Roman soldiers (Mt 22:7). The Apocalypse dramatizes the exploits of this army, and the Revelator explicitly reminds us of its relation to the Lord (Rv 19:19-20).

The Jews made “war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army.” This beast – the Satan in the house of Israel – and its corrupt hierarchy with the lies they taught and all her soldiers who took its mark fought against Jesus and the Romans until captured. The Roman troops were his army; they belonged to the Lord.

Something to consider... Many soldiers under the command of Vespasian and Titus were Syrians, Arabs and Egyptians.. It allowed them to become Roman citizens.

Titus ordered the temple fire quenched, but the Jews, in a fit of grief and rage, clutched their swords to assail their enemies or perish in the ruins. The Romans nonetheless set the theocracy ablaze. As J Stuart Russell says in his The Parousia, “The Roman armies were but the executioners of divine justice; and Jerusalem perished for her guilt and rebellion against the King.”

We have a winner.

Since you think Original Tree's comment was a winner, I'm relieved I didn't cast any pearls. I usually don't.

Maybe he can elaborate for you what the Seven Thunders are in Rev 10:1-4 - since they are the culmination of the Seven Seals leading to Time No More.

What's that all about anyway? Time No More - how does that have anything to do with the Revelation of Jesus Christ?
Derp Derp :cool:

Titus ordered the temple fire quenched, but the Jews, in a fit of grief and rage, clutched their swords to assail their enemies or perish in the ruins. The Romans nonetheless set the theocracy ablaze. As J Stuart Russell says in his The Parousia, “The Roman armies were but the executioners of divine justice; and Jerusalem perished for her guilt and rebellion against the King.”
In a way that is true. God often uses foreign armies to chasten a people. Sort of like how God is using The Evil Chinese and Joe Biden to destroy America because of our wickedness.

You're rewriting scripture again. Daniel was written about Antiochus IV Epiphanes in 168-164 BC.

You're rewriting scripture again. Daniel was written about Antiochus IV Epiphanes in 168-164 BC.
So Daniel was a prophet either way, even though you lie and are a Makr.

Hate to break it to you, but you'll be standing on the wrong side of judgment day when it comes you keep going like this.

The Book of Daniel and Revelation also is not the only books that talked about Jacob's trouble and The Return of Messiah.

The scattering of Israel or The Diaspora and Regathering of Israel (The Only Nation in History to be repeatedly destroyed and then regathered keeping even it's language in tact) was also a prophecy and was fulfilled starting in 1948.

For Daniel's and Revelation and other end times prophecies to be fulfilled Israel has to be a nation again with Jerusalem as it's capital.

Israel became a Nation in 1948, and took possession of Jerusalem in 1966. Jerusalem was not really recognized as it's capital until recently by The Trump Administration. This fulfilled many prophecies about the scattering and regathering or resurrection of Israel.

So very soon if not NOW, we are approaching the 7 year long period or Time of Jacob's Trouble or 70th Week of Daniel or The 7 Year Tribulation of Revelation, and other books speak of such as Matthew and elsewhere in both the Old and New Testaments.

The Bible is perfectly written and verifies itself unlike other trash books of blasphemy like the Koran. It's prophecies have been perfectly accurate even though unlike the lunatic ravings of a Heroin Junkie like Muhammad who wrote about his hallucinations in a cave over a few years, The Bible was written by 40 well respected and upright men of God over a 4,000 year period.

I trust The Bible not you. You are a makr.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back