Why are eggs in Italy not refrigerated?

First answer is correct.
In the U.S. - USDA requires eggs to be washed, side effect of that is it removes a protective film on the outside of the shell that keep bacteria from getting into the eggs.
If you do not refrigerate them, they will spoil quicker, and you are risking bacterial infection.

Having said that, when you use eggs for baking - they should be room temperature - not cold.

Troll post. You just can’t stop, can you?
You can't even give your own opinion about poached eggs. My process now is to buy the smallest eggs I can and refrigerate them.

Heat a litre of water in a 2 litre pot and add a generous slug of malt vinegar, keep the water at a temperature so only the odd bubble is formed on the bottom, if at all.

Break two chilled eggs into a vessel that's easy to pour from. Give the heated water a stir so a vortex is created and immediately slide the eggs into it.

Four minutes. Drain with a slotted spoon then tip onto a paper or cotton towel to drain and to separate with a knife.

Serve on toasted whole grain bread.

vogels-original-toast__PadWzM2MCw2MDAsIkZGRkZGRiIsIjEwMCJd.png

You can't even give your own opinion about poached eggs. My process now is to buy the smallest eggs I can and refrigerate them.

Heat a litre of water in a 2 litre pot and add a generous slug of malt vinegar, keep the water at a temperature so only the odd bubble is formed on the bottom, if at all.

Break two chilled eggs into a vessel that's easy to pour from. Give the heated water a stir so a vortex is created and immediately slide the eggs into it.

Four minutes. Drain with a slotted spoon then tip onto a paper or cotton towel to drain and to separate with a knife.

Serve on toasted whole grain bread.

vogels-original-toast__PadWzM2MCw2MDAsIkZGRkZGRiIsIjEwMCJd.png

You’re not interested in my opinion. You’re a troll.

Grease them, you stupid twit.
I hoped they'd work without grease, saving a job of cleaning them. The vortex will cook two quite acceptably/perfectly - especially if they're small, chilled, fresh - saving a task.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back