Ancient message in Genesis to the world

Well, it didn't happen, did it. We are still here and so is Satan. Remember, not even Jesus knew that time when he'd come a 2nd time. And, he has not come again in His glory. He has appeared again to His Prophet Joseph Smith. But, that was just to open up this the last dispensation (or generation) before Armageddon. I think translators missed on this concept of generation versus dispensation. The Bible is correct as far as it is translated correctly. Historical fact shows there is a disconnect with the translation and what John actually meant. Translators mostly aren't with understanding about times of dispensations. John knew and most likely meant a time of dispensation.

Oh dear. Dispensation goes right back to Scofield and you're calling that a generation???? The Bible tells us again and again what a generation is

It's similar, but we don't call it heat with the human female or "the span of time during a human female's somewhat monthly reproductive cycle when she is most sexually aroused, the span of the cycle during which her vagina is most easily aroused and most naturally lubricated, then yes, and it is natural." Just think of the jokes if we did?

It's called "three day period before ovulation" so we don't go crazy over it. Guys won't/can't make jokes over that.

right----just SEMANTICS----but the same phenomenon----and so declaring is not POLITE

Oh dear. Dispensation goes right back to Scofield and you're calling that a generation???? The Bible tells us again and again what a generation is
really? what is a GENERATION in Greek, Aramaic or Hebrew. I learned in my long life that some people term a generation ----20 years. ?????? Tonight----there will be songs that include the phrase
approx. DOR L' DOR which means ---generation to
generation-------in both english and hebrew it seems to me a bit VAGUE.

really? what is a GENERATION in Greek, Aramaic or Hebrew. I learned in my long life that some people term a generation ----20 years. ?????? Tonight----there will be songs that include the phrase
approx. DOR L' DOR which means ---generation to
generation-------in both english and hebrew it seems to me a bit VAGUE.

The Israelites lingered in Sinai for 40 years... a generation.

The Israelites lingered in Sinai for 40 years... a generation.
Nope---at no point does "the bible" define a
GENERATION as 40 years. The only issue with the
40 years was that most of those who had lived AS
SLAVES (sorta identified as slaves) ---were no
alive or never lived with the self ID as "SLAVE by the time they got to the promised land. You got
something else?

Nope---at no point does "the bible" define a
GENERATION as 40 years. The only issue with the
40 years was that most of those who had lived AS
SLAVES (sorta identified as slaves) ---were no
alive or never lived with the self ID as "SLAVE by the time they got to the promised land. You got
something else?
Suradie giggles in response----gee---I read the NT---but she never read the OT. Jesus read it. He even
correctly quoted the talmud

Suradie giggles in response----gee---I read the NT---but she never read the OT. Jesus read it. He even
correctly quoted the talmud

Of course I have read the Old testament many times. I have not read the Torah. Jesus probably didn't read it. Books and scrolls were extremely rare and expensive.

Of course I have read the Old testament many times. I have not read the Torah. Jesus probably didn't read it. Books and scrolls were extremely rare and expensive.
re read the NT----according to the "accurate" book---Jesus was asked to READ when he was a newbie
in a synagogue. DAT indicates that he was KNOWN
to be literate ----uhm btw--he READ FROM THE TORAN SCROLL and people did HAVE handwritten books. My hubbie was born in arabia---the only "books" that existed in the home of his parents were ALL HANDWRITTEN. Even today the scrolls are ALL HAND WRITTEN. Every synagogue ALSO had a torah scroll. A little anecdote---when hubbie went "home" for a visit he HAD TO VISIT his father's synagogue----where OF COURSE he would be asked to read------he walked around with the pertinent "part" in his pocket for two weeks----one mistake and his father would turn over in his grave.
SURADIE ---your comments remind me of the idiocy
I experienced in jelly bean sunday school.

Stop being stupid, the Gospels record Him reading in the Temple and all in attendance were amazed. You have no knowledge of the Word at all.

Stop being stupid, the Gospels record Him reading in the Temple and all in attendance were amazed. You have no knowledge of the Word at all.
Not quite----there are no lines suggesting that ANYONE was "amazed" that Jesus read. The
putative "amazed" thing relates to a story about
his "learned discourse with DA SCHOLARS"

Not quite----there are no lines suggesting that ANYONE was "amazed" that Jesus read. The
putative "amazed" thing relates to a story about
his "learned discourse with DA SCHOLARS"

Luke 4:15
And He taught in their synagogues, being glorified by all.

Luke 2:45-46
45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers.

Luke 4:15
And He taught in their synagogues, being glorified by all.

Luke 2:45-46
45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers.
right---and no one was "amazed' that he could
READ FROM THE HANDWRITTEN TORAH SCROLL
Luke never met Jesus either

I'm sure Jesus had an education like other Jewish children of the times and did read in the temple.. if I remember correctly he read from Isaiah.. but he probably didn't have books or scrolls of his own. And, it appears that he didn't write anything.

right---and no one was "amazed' that he could
READ FROM THE HANDWRITTEN TORAH SCROLL
Luke never met Jesus either

LOL, they wee "amazed" by Him. Are you like Surada? Don't like being wrong? Whether Luke met Him or not is immaterial. I have no interest of your interpretations of my Bible.

47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers.

I'm sure Jesus had an education like other Jewish children of the times and did read in the temple.. if I remember correctly he read from Isaiah.. but he probably didn't have books or scrolls of his own. And, it appears that he didn't write anything.

I am in no way implying that He did, you re correct in that.

Forum List

Back