America’s #1 Bad Christian, Eric Metaxas, told Trump “I’d be happy to die in this fight. This is a fight for everything. God is with us”

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
don't mind the hyperbolic headline, this is great!

from the interview...

Metaxas: I wasn’t in D.C. for the Capitol riots. But I was blown away at how instantly anybody who supported Trump—which is, you know, half the country—was demonized as potential white domestic terrorists. I just thought, Holy cow. What am I, in Nazi Germany? This is really sick. That’s not what we do in America.

You have to forgive me. Part of the reason I bring up Germany, always, is because I spent a huge part of my life studying that period. I wrote a 600-page book on Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

We can’t allow people to be silenced. People immediately say, “You bring up the Nazis? That’s out of bounds.” But it’s the principle of the thing. When you start pushing people around and telling them what they can say—and they better say, “Heil Hitler,” loudly—that should be a warning sign.

The media landscape was not what you just described. It was an absolute pile-on. You’d think somebody had clubbed a senator to death or something. I was just scratching my head, trying to make sense of whatever happened, if we even know what happened. There are enough questions that it’s so confusing. They were acting like people were shot.

Green: Some people have argued that the reputation of Christianity has been damaged by evangelicals’ wide support of President Trump. I take it you don’t agree with that.

Metaxas: I think that’s preposterous! Of course not. That’s just such a silly thing. The idea that I’m supposed to bury all of my thoughts for the hope of perhaps persuading somebody in the future that Christianity is palatable or something—Christians have traditionally stood up for human rights! When you stand up against the slave trade, you become incredibly politically unpopular. I mean, Wilberforce was totally demonized in his day. But he was doing what he felt was the right thing. What kind of a Christian would he have been if he said, “Well, I don’t want to be divisive”?

Green: Do you believe that Joe Biden is the legitimately elected president of the United States?

Metaxas: No. He is the president. But there will always be an asterisk next to him for me until—if—things are clarified.

Green: Do you pray for him?

Metaxas: Oh, yeah. I take all that stuff seriously, you know? When Jesus tells us to love and pray for our enemies, it’s not to pray that they succeed. It’s to pray for them as a fellow human being.

Last edited:
  • Banned
"when you have the power from God to help your country, you must make the sacrifice and use that power" - Eric Metaxas

I would have thought the #1 Bad Christian would be Joe Biden, the only President (Besides Cinton) to actually grab a woman by the pu$$y and grope/sniff little girls (while his son shoots home Porto movies with his cousin)...

:p

......................................................................................................
I love this bar.
We've got winners, we've got _____________
Broken hearted fools and suckers.

I love this bar.

The election was stolen but violence is not the proper remedy

Forum List

Back