Question On Impeachment trial in Senate.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
I lost internet on Saturday right after the dems said they wanted witnesses and voted on it. What happened? Now I hear Trump was found not guilty.

Did the dems panic when Trumps lawyers said they wanted dozens of witnesses?

I lost internet on Saturday right after the dems said they wanted witnesses and voted on it. What happened? Now I hear Trump was found not guilty.

I had the exact same question as you. I missed it also and didnt hear much more about the process until this morning listening to the radio. Apparently the Democrats just changed their minds about witnesses when Trump's team said they have a lot of witnesses to bring in also.
The Democrats claimed it would take too long.

I have a problem with that though. Its bullshit. They just got done telling us how important it was to them that Trump never runs for office again. One would think that if this was true they would cross every mountain and climb every river to get it done, whats a little time if they can nail the bad orange guy?

I think the Dems were just afraid there would be uncomfortable questions asked and details exposed. They chickened out and had the vote even though they knew it meant not convicting Trump.
IMO

Van Der Veen said that if they had a witness, he wanted to call 100, including Pelosi, and he wanted them deposed in person. They had a quorum and finally compromised that they would simply enter into the record that the lady said she heard from Kevin McCarthy that he and Trump had an angry conversation where Trump replied: "I guess these people are a lot angrier about the election than you!"

Which means nothing. It was no more evidence of anything than the Dems other hearsay evidence from Trump-haters saying bad things about Trump. It was all BS.

Then they voted and the rest is history.

Out of 10,000 rally attendees, maybe a few dozen to a hundred got carried away and/or or were outsiders who planned to use the event as cover for their own designs, and all the usual idiots from the House Managers to McConnell looked at 0.01% of the rally and capitol video and decided it represented the other 99.99% of the friendly, happy, normal Trump voters there that day.

Which means now the House will open a FULL investigation into the 99.99% Trump supporters who did nothing while IGNORING the mobs of goons attacking Van Der Veen's house, home, business and property because he did his job.

The very people claiming Trump should have somehow known a few bad actors would riot the capitol and told them to stop even though knowledge and video of it wasn't availavle until many days later will be the SAME people who never say a word to these goons.

Last edited:
I am in a nursing home for Rehab, broke my ankle. We had a lot of rain for several days and the facility lost Internet saturday until just this morning Monday. So I missed it all and cant find anything on the news about it.

Could have something to do with the fact that the Democrats denied Trump's offer to deploy National Guard support, as they often did all summer long during other outbreaks of violence.
I'm thinking Democrats would like to avoid these uncomfortable questions while still blaming Trump for everything.

Trump Offered to Deploy 10,000 National Guard Troops in DC Ahead of Jan. 6 - Mark Meadows
Thu, 02/11/2021 - 01:35 — legitgov
Trump Offered to Deploy 10,000 National Guard Troops in DC Ahead of Jan. 6 - Mark Meadows | 09 Feb 2021 | Former President Donald Trump offered to deploy 10,000 National Guard troops in Washington D.C. prior to Jan. 6, the day of the Capitol building breach, according to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows. Meadows told Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures"that although Trump had been vocal about offering Capitol Police and National Guard presence at the Capitol on multiple occasions last month, his offer was rebuked "every time." "We also know that in January, but also throughout the summer, that the president was very vocal in making sure that we had plenty of National Guard, plenty of additional support because he supports our rule of law and supports our law enforcement and offered additional help," Meadows told host Maria Bartiromo. "Even in January, that was a given, as many as 10,000 National Guard troops were told to be on the ready by the Secretary of Defense" Meadows said. "That was a direct order from President Trump and yet here is what we see...all kinds of blame going around but yet not a whole lot of accountability."

I had the exact same question as you. I missed it also and didnt hear much more about the process until this morning listening to the radio. Apparently the Democrats just changed their minds about witnesses when Trump's team said they have a lot of witnesses to bring in also.
The Democrats claimed it would take too long.

I have a problem with that though. Its bullshit. They just got done telling us how important it was to them that Trump never runs for office again. One would think that if this was true they would cross every mountain and climb every river to get it done, whats a little time if they can nail the bad orange guy?

I think the Dems were just afraid there would be uncomfortable questions asked and details exposed. They chickened out and had the vote even though they knew it meant not convicting Trump.
IMO
They did the same thing with the first impeachment. It was ever so pressing that they get it done immediately that Pelosi sat on it for a month. I guess they were hoping it would hatch or something.

the dems thought that the senate would not convict in any event, so they entered evidence (hearsay is ok cause impeachment is not a legal trial) with gop support to show Trump knew of the threat to Pence and congress and chose to do nothing. And then they voted. Probably knowing that the congress would investigate Trump, and he could be criminally charged, in which case hearsay would be an issue

Forum List

Back