Alterations of the bible through history

Works would be like helping others out of love, not for profit, storing treasures in heaven.
Thanks for the explanation.
As well. Jesus started the most important work ever that could be done on earth-Luke 10,, Acts 20:20) --Something like this--all done out of love.

My reason for not believing is because nobody has ever provided evidence of a God. And nobody has ever providing evidence that Jesus was any more than a mortal. The Christian bibles are the only evidence to support your beliefs and they are too full of impossibilities for a literal interpretation.

So I can entertain the idea of a greater power but I can't associate that possibility in any way with Christianity or their bibles.

And of course, I can make the claim that I have overwhelming evidence that speaks against your bible.

A possible way of finding some common ground would be for you to start by promoting the notion of a greater power? For me that would have to be from a generic religious POV.

Thanks for the explanation.

My reason for not believing is because nobody has ever provided evidence of a God. And nobody has ever providing evidence that Jesus was any more than a mortal. The Christian bibles are the only evidence to support your beliefs and they are too full of impossibilities for a literal interpretation.

So I can entertain the idea of a greater power but I can't associate that possibility in any way with Christianity or their bibles.

And of course, I can make the claim that I have overwhelming evidence that speaks against your bible.

A possible way of finding some common ground would be for you to start by promoting the notion of a greater power? For me that would have to be from a generic religious POV.
I suppose all are given 2 choices to believe
1) An intelligent design went into creation
2) a big bang-where trillions x gazillions of atoms shot out in utter confusion, yet landed perfectly to create all things and make them work in unison.
I believe #1.

Archeologists have confirmed many events of the OT did happen as written. I also in my readings am sure there are things mentioned in the OT about outer space, that no mortal could possibly know back then.

Yes the romans and Israelites did not write Jesus into their history, They would have had to admit in murdering Gods son if they did. And satan has proved very powerful in the confusion on earth today and always. If one reads the bible. It is 99% minimum mislead at any given time in mortal history after the rebellion in Eden.
The teachings of Jesus have been preserved the same in every translation on earth, even though many errors( by satans will) were placed in Gods book.

I suppose all are given 2 choices to believe
1) An intelligent design went into creation
2) a big bang-where trillions x gazillions of atoms shot out in utter confusion, yet landed perfectly to create all things and make them work in unison.
I believe #1.

Archeologists have confirmed many events of the OT did happen as written. I also in my readings am sure there are things mentioned in the OT about outer space, that no mortal could possibly know back then.

Yes the romans and Israelites did not write Jesus into their history, They would have had to admit in murdering Gods son if they did. And satan has proved very powerful in the confusion on earth today and always. If one reads the bible. It is 99% minimum mislead at any given time in mortal history after the rebellion in Eden.
The teachings of Jesus have been preserved the same in every translation on earth, even though many errors( by satans will) were placed in Gods book.

Oh my.........

Higher Education - Jehovah's Witness stance against university
Watchtower View of UniversityChanging

Higher education is liked to a temptation akin to smoking, using drugs, and watching violent and immoral movies.

The Kingdom Ministry warns: Pursuing an advanced education is explained as dangerous because it: 1. Wastes precious time in these last days 2. Promotes prestige and materialism 3. Shows a lack of faith 4. Involves bad association 5. Promotes higher learning There is no compelling validity to any of these reasons, as the following examination will show.

Oh my.........

Higher Education - Jehovah's Witness stance against university
Watchtower View of UniversityChanging

Higher education is liked to a temptation akin to smoking, using drugs, and watching violent and immoral movies.

The Kingdom Ministry warns: Pursuing an advanced education is explained as dangerous because it: 1. Wastes precious time in these last days 2. Promotes prestige and materialism 3. Shows a lack of faith 4. Involves bad association 5. Promotes higher learning There is no compelling validity to any of these reasons, as the following examination will show.

The JW,s listen to Jesus---Matthew 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added ( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

So if one applies this. They know if they seek the kingdom, they will not be without and have no need for a large paycheck which could easily be a distraction from seeking the kingdom first.

if the parents on earth listened to Jesus about this and applied it-The millions upon millions of children that have starved to death never would have.

2Timothy 3-- todays world--the seeking of $$$ and pleasure. So your advice is for one to seek $$$ over Gods kingdom--very bad advice.

The JW,s listen to Jesus---Matthew 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added ( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

So if one applies this. They know if they seek the kingdom, they will not be without and have no need for a large paycheck which could easily be a distraction from seeking the kingdom first.

if the parents on earth listened to Jesus about this and applied it-The millions upon millions of children that have starved to death never would have.

2Timothy 3-- todays world--the seeking of $$$ and pleasure. So your advice is for one to seek $$$ over Gods kingdom--very bad advice.

I have never advised anyone to seek $$$ over God's kingdom. Is lying a JW thing too? I guess all Christians before 1870 were wrong.

I have never advised anyone to seek $$$ over God's kingdom. Is lying a JW thing too? I guess all Christians before 1870 were wrong.
Psalm 83:18-- That they may know , you whos name is YHWH(Jehovah) you alone( singular) are the most high over the earth.
Any serving another God are NOT christian. I didnt lie. The religion that came out of Rome was NOT started by Jesus. They twisted truth into oblivion at their councils, No trinity god was taught at the first council of Nicea( 325) it was ADDED later at another council. Their own encyclopedia states--The assimilation of a trinity god was not firmly established in a christians life until near the end of the 4th century., all 33,999 branches did not fix it. They teach the same false god. They have become--A house divided, it will NOT stand.

Oh, as well i forgot to mention these two facts.

Truly i tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise= error comma placement

Truly i tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise = correct comma placement

The bible is clear, Jesus was in the grave( Hades) for 3 days, he could not be in Paradise on that first day as an error comma placement suggests.

In the Ot, in Hebrew there is no-i am that i am--i will be what i will be is more correct--Yet certain religions use this false translating to try to say Jesus was claiming to be God when the Pharisees asked him if he was before Abraham. Jesus just answered the question truthfully. He did not claim to be God there as blind guides suggest because of their translating error. As well The Israelite teachers hated Jesus. Not a single truth came out of them about him. They said--Jesus and his apostles couldnt possibly be teachers, they did not attend their schools of men. They were in error
As well they were saying--Jesus got his power from satan Error in every step about Jesus.

Those attending colleges seek big paychecks. Taking most of their time to learn, get a good job that usually entails many hours seeking $$$$--How can one seek Gods kingdom then? Many worldly distractions there as well.

Those attending colleges seek big paychecks. Taking most of their time to learn, get a good job that usually entails many hours seeking $$$$--How can one seek Gods kingdom then? Many worldly distractions there as well.

You don't know anything about the Maccabean Revolt or the the Seleucid Empire.. There were no JWs before 1870 and you have condemned your congregation to ignorance.

You don't know anything about the Maccabean Revolt or the the Seleucid Empire.. There were no JWs before 1870 and you have condemned your congregation to ignorance.

Yes, All prior to the last days have died and paid the wages of sin. Those living in the last days and make it to Har-mageddon needed Gods truth to return( foretold in Daniel-At 12:4) Because God hid some truths from the world until his one religion rose back up. So who here in these last days have made correction? All those teachings were still in the bible yet taught falsely upon.
As well 2Thess 2:3--the Apostasy had to come first-The religion that came out of Rome and now with 33,999 branches--A house divided will not stand.
We are at the END of these last days. On the verge of the tribulation.

a single religion on earth has the real Jesus.
Which religion is that?
Do you accept that Christ was begotten of the Father, that He is God made flesh and that he was sacrificed for the sin of all men? That he died on a cross and was raised to life again on the third day, according to scripture?

Do you understand that any who deny this, also deny the Father? I love the Jewish people just as I love people raised under Islam but BOTH of those religions deny the Deity of Christ and as such are the very definition of "anti-Christ". You should read a book by Joel Richardson: THE ISLAMIC ANTICHRIST. It's amazing how closely the eschatology of Christianity and Islam mirror-image each other. The "Mahdi" does everything the biblical antichrist is said to do and the Islamic number 2, "ISSA" (their version of Jesus) is an exact copy of the biblical false prophet.

People have found the earliest of translations.

Some Bibles use the earliest translations.

Some have more modern interpretations.

Pick which one you want.
I was somewhat surprised to find that when the dead sea scrolls were found, there were almost NO miss-copied letters, let alone words that would change the meaning.

I was somewhat surprised to find that when the dead sea scrolls were found, there were almost NO miss-copied letters, let alone words that would change the meaning.

It is stuff like some translators translating 'monts' as 'hills', etc. that they claim are 'errors' and the like, i.e. rubbish arguments that like you said don't change the meanings.

Which religion is that?
Do you accept that Christ was begotten of the Father, that He is God made flesh and that he was sacrificed for the sin of all men? That he died on a cross and was raised to life again on the third day, according to scripture?

Do you understand that any who deny this, also deny the Father? I love the Jewish people just as I love people raised under Islam but BOTH of those religions deny the Deity of Christ and as such are the very definition of "anti-Christ". You should read a book by Joel Richardson: THE ISLAMIC ANTICHRIST. It's amazing how closely the eschatology of Christianity and Islam mirror-image each other. The "Mahdi" does everything the biblical antichrist is said to do and the Islamic number 2, "ISSA" (their version of Jesus) is an exact copy of the biblical false prophet.

Refusing to believe Jesus whom many claim to follow is the biggest problem. Jesus brought truth-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Jesus teaches--he has a God like we do-his Father. So tell us all How does God have a God?
Yes Jesus was sent by the Father-that is Fact right( John 5:30)--Well at John 17:3-In a prayer to his Father, Jesus tells all-The one who sent him is- THE ONLY TRUE GOD. --- Now when one learns this truth they must ask themselves Who do i believe and listen to?
Paul knew-1Corinthians 8:6--There is one God to all, the Father.--- Not Father, son, and holy spirit.

Then one must look at undeniable fact
From Moses on up until this very day, While serving the true living God the Israelites, taught served and worshipped a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah)--This God was taught to Jesus while he attended their places of worship, As was EVERY bible writer.

Jesus warned all about the God they serve at John 4:22-24, then explains reality of a true followers every day life.

So what happened then to be causing all the confusion?
Fact-- In the second century a man named Terrillion was considering God being a trinity why--Because the early christians were serving a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah)-- Then a religion popped up out of Rome, and held councils looking for truth because they didnt have truth. At the first council of Nicea in 325, no trinity god was being taught, it was added later at another council. Thus small translating errors were translated in to fit false council teachings, and that is what is causing the confusion, began by the will of satan. That religion was the foretold son of destruction( peredition) = the great apostasy. 2Thess 2:3

Refusing to believe Jesus whom many claim to follow is the biggest problem. Jesus brought truth-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Jesus teaches--he has a God like we do-his Father. So tell us all How does God have a God?
Yes Jesus was sent by the Father-that is Fact right( John 5:30)--Well at John 17:3-In a prayer to his Father, Jesus tells all-The one who sent him is- THE ONLY TRUE GOD. --- Now when one learns this truth they must ask themselves Who do i believe and listen to?
Paul knew-1Corinthians 8:6--There is one God to all, the Father.--- Not Father, son, and holy spirit.

Then one must look at undeniable fact
From Moses on up until this very day, While serving the true living God the Israelites, taught served and worshipped a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah)--This God was taught to Jesus while he attended their places of worship, As was EVERY bible writer.

Jesus warned all about the God they serve at John 4:22-24, then explains reality of a true followers every day life.

So what happened then to be causing all the confusion?
Fact-- In the second century a man named Terrillion was considering God being a trinity why--Because the early christians were serving a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah)-- Then a religion popped up out of Rome, and held councils looking for truth because they didnt have truth. At the first council of Nicea in 325, no trinity god was being taught, it was added later at another council. Thus small translating errors were translated in to fit false council teachings, and that is what is causing the confusion, began by the will of satan. That religion was the foretold son of destruction( peredition) = the great apostasy. 2Thess 2:3

John 17:12 also uses the term "son of perdition," referring to Judas.

Daniel refers to Antiochus as the son of perdition.

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 2 Thes. 2:4

Its a simple concept. "God is not the author of confusion........" (1 Cor. 14:43). Of course the Holy Scriptures have been translated into many different languages due to the fact, THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT LANGAUGES of men.

Beware those who attempt to spin their own personal narrative that one must be highly educated in a specific language.....or how, just one Word with a different language translation can change an entire doctrine and make it "unrighteous" in the sight of God.....therefore YOU MUST READ FROM "OUR PERSONAL TRANSLATION OF SCRIPTRUES".

Its not THE LETTER that gives truth and life........its the message based upon the entire Word of God (The spirit of the message.....just like a man's body does not entirely define the man, its the spirit that directs the body that defines the whole man) based upon the contextual integrity of the entire message being presented.

Its a most easy thing to read a Book, Chapter and Verse and derive the truth based upon the entire content of the Book, Chapter or Verse. If there is a question concerning the translation of a single word and its root meaning........simply read the surrounding text that leads up to (preceding) ..... and after (proceeding) the word in question. If you read the entire passage and that single word looks out of place, then you have mistranslated its functional meaning.

Example: If you read the text of the entire passage and that content is addressing a duality of a single entity then the word in question must agree with the content and context of the passage.

A good example is the argument presented by the author of this thread. Is the God in scripture defined as a Single God or a Trinity Family or Godhead that consists of 3 divine beings, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

What the Bible actually teaches: 1. The Bible teaches that the GODHEAD is...........ONE IN NATURE. 2. The Bible teaches that God the Father is one personality of the Godhead. 3. The Holy Spirit is one personality of the Godhead. 4. The Son is one personality of the Godhead.....and is God because He is the only begotten of the Father.

Therefore.......when one considers the entire Bible in comprehending the Book, Chapter and Verse by keeping the contextual integrity ..........the message is easily derived, and it does not take a rocket scientist to read the truth being delivered by a God that does not author confusion.

Because some read the text that finds God as being "one", a single God, as found to exit in (Deut. 6:4, or in the NT. Eph. 4:4-6) or (Malachi 2:10).......all declare the same thing, ".......The Lord our God, The Lord is one..."

They stop reading the entire Bible and state, There is only ONE GOD, and proceed to present just the passages that they think agree with their personal translation while they do not consider the WHOLE WORD OF GOD.

Even though the Bible states, ".......one God created us...." (Malachi 2:10) when you look closer at other passages you find that a "multiplicity" of divinity was involved. Such as the passage, "........Then God said, left US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness........." (Genesis 1:26-27). Again..........this single passage does not prove the multiple nature of God......it gives us reason to search further in finding the truth based upon THE ENTIRE WORD OF GOD.

Now we go to the passage in question.......where, supposedly, according to author of this thread, THERE MUST HAVE BEEN A MISTRANSLATION of the word GOD.

JOHN 1:1. Its not God that is the subject of the passage......its THE WORD. Thus, the translation of God becomes "moot" in determining the truth derived from the first Chapter of John..........why? Because the passage SELF DEFINES the WORD as being with God in the beginning (regardless of the translation for God) and the world was made by THROUGH HIM (who? THE WORD that was with God (however God is translated)......as "........all things were made through HIM (the Word) and without Him (the Word) nothing was made that was made......." (John 1:1)

Then when you read further along in the Chapter (John 1:14) you find the WORD DEFINED ".........the Word became flesh and dwelt among us....." Who was WITH GOD and CREATED ALL THINGS THROUGH GOD along with the Father.

In this passage........when the original context and subject matter are comprehended in their texutal integrity.......It was Jesus who was the WORD and HE was with GOD in the beginning and HE (the Word) created ALL THINGS through GOD.

Clearly defined in John 1:1, without mistranslating or arguing over the translation of GOD...........2 parts of the Godhead are defined. The Father and the Son.

Those that attempt to draw your attention to the right hand and pay no attention to your left hand hiding something behind them is much like the supposed "magician" on stage.......its not really MAGIC when you look upon it with the human reasoning and logic that God has so graciously endowed upon us. Its not God that CONFUSES.......its man and his deceitful nature.

Last edited:
John 17:12 also uses the term "son of perdition," referring to Judas.

Daniel refers to Antiochus as the son of perdition.

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 2 Thes. 2:4

All who know truth , then leave the truth would be classified as an apostate-son of destruction. Yes and like the Pope elevating himself into Gods position by having himself being called-holy father. The pope is a sinner. They made the previous Pope step down, he practiced homosexuality. Then moved in with his aid who was his lover. Was he the holy Father? Not one ever was.

Psalm 83:18-- That they may know , you whos name is YHWH(Jehovah) you alone( singular) are the most high over the earth.
Any serving another God are NOT christian. I didnt lie. The religion that came out of Rome was NOT started by Jesus. They twisted truth into oblivion at their councils, No trinity god was taught at the first council of Nicea( 325) it was ADDED later at another council. Their own encyclopedia states--The assimilation of a trinity god was not firmly established in a christians life until near the end of the 4th century., all 33,999 branches did not fix it. They teach the same false god. They have become--A house divided, it will NOT stand.

Jesus didn't start the Jehovah's Witnesses either.

Jesus didn't start the Jehovah's Witnesses either.
His teachings prove he did. Many on earth claim to serve Jesus yet do not even know what he actually taught. Its hard to obey when one doesnt know his teachings. Like this super important one found at Matthew 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his (YHWH) Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)-- Very important teaching if Jesus said -FIRST.
Once one knows this fact of his teaching. They know the one where he warns all about the god they are serving right before he tells all who the true God is at John 4:22-24= The Father. This is where trinity religions are failing all.
It was the Father who made the name Jesus above other names. Like this-Acts2:22--Gods power goes through Jesus. God did all of it Through Jesus. That is what made him look divine or godlike.

Forum List

Back