Actor Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on set of ‘Rust’ that killed cinematographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it doesn't make sense to you because you have no sense
answer the question:
do you want total dubmasses who can't think straight to handle firearms/lethal weapons?
Rule #1 when attempting to insult someone's intelligence: Ensure you don't make yourself look like a complete fucking buffoon in the process.

Stupid dipshit fuck...

I think we just need a full investigation into this. The idea of an incompetent boob like Mr. Baldwin being given a potentially dangerous instrument of death is suspicious to say the least.

IMHO, Baldwin can be squeezed to take a deal, and at least held to account over this death.

Like I said, maybe it was an accident- but considering the actor's malevolence I don't think this is a judgment to jump to.

If anyone has done any sort of marksman training they are familiar with "cap and ball" exercises.

It's to keep you from flinching when the gun fires.
Basically you load dummy rounds in the magazine at odd intervals to catch yourself flinching when pulling the trigger.

Blanks are usually used just as noisemakers. But they can have paper wads in them that can injure people. Shotguns usually use plastic wadding...so even if the pellets are removed the plastic wadding is kept. That wadding, I've personally buried 1" into fenceposts out of a 12 gauge shotgun.

Firearms aren't toys...ever.

Polishprince it's not an accident..someone knew or should have known the weapon was lethal
...an accident is a faulty pin/spring/etc
when someone pulls the trigger, that is no accident
..a human mistake---yes.....but a lethal one
..it's not like someone spilled milk

I think we just need a full investigation into this. The idea of an incompetent boob like Mr. Baldwin being given a potentially dangerous instrument of death is suspicious to say the least.

Well, had someone done their job properly, it wouldn't have been a "dangerous instrument of death"...

IMHO, Baldwin can be squeezed to take a deal, and at least held to account over this death.

His production company will be the entity taking any financial hit, and there will be no criminal charges (nor should there be)...

Like I said, maybe it was an accident- but considering the actor's malevolence I don't think this is a judgment to jump to.

It's far more stupid to jump to the conclusion that it wasn't an accident, as many here have done...

So Hollywood uses "prop guns" in their films which are actually real guns that fire blanks??? WTF? What could possibly go wrong? Didn't they learn after the Brandon Lee incident? Liberals talk about needing gun control all the time. Law #1 should be don't use real guns to play with on a movie set.

1. You can't have any of that lights-camera-action stuff without prop guns.
  2. They do have to be aimed in the right direction and make a loud noise when fired, or it isn't realistic.
  3. So. Real guns with blank brass cartridges crimped without bullets for ammunition.
  4. These guys are professionals. Who's fooling with their stuff?

Like the guns in Star Wars?

So Hollywood uses "prop guns" in their films which are actually real guns that fire blanks??? WTF? What could possibly go wrong? Didn't they learn after the Brandon Lee incident? Liberals talk about needing gun control all the time. Law #1 should be don't use real guns to play with on a movie set.
No they are prop guns and are loaded with blanks. But a blank can kill you. That's how Brandon Lee died. He was on the set of The Crow and was shot in the stomach accidently with a prop gun.

Actor John Eric Hexum was an actor in the 80's who was fooling around with a prop gun. He removed all but on blank and was doing some Russian Roulette as a game and shot himself in the head with a prop gun.

Last edited:
No they are prop guns and are loaded with blanks. But a blank can kill you. That's how Brandon Lee died. He was on the set of The Crow and was shot in the stomach accidently with a prop gun.

If it can fire a projectile, which is clearly can, putting the word "prop" in front of it doesn't make it any less a real gun.

Last edited:
Sad, she was a gifted cinematographer. Whoever the propmaster was is clearly incompetent.

Blanks still fire a projectile. There is a plug in them to generate a certain amount of pressure against the expanding powder to create the power needed to make a sound, make the gun jump, and to be enforce to push the ejection arm slide back to make the casing come out and load the next round. 99.9% of the time the plug disintegrates, but it is possible that it was packed incorrectly at the manufacturer and survived the explosion to become a projectile.

It's a freak accident and nothing more. Sometimes shit just happens no matter how well prepared you may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back