Alec Baldwin Shooting -- ‘Rust’ Armorer Convicted of Manslaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redheaded Stranger

Mar 6, 2024
The armorer who put a live round into the gun that Alec Baldwin was rehearsing with on the set of the film “Rust” when it went off, killing the cinematographer, was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter on Wednesday.

The conviction of the armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, marks the first time a jury has weighed in at trial on the fatal shooting of the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins.

The armorer who put a live round into the gun that Alec Baldwin was rehearsing with on the set of the film “Rust” when it went off, killing the cinematographer, was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter on Wednesday.

The conviction of the armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, marks the first time a jury has weighed in at trial on the fatal shooting of the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins.

putting a live round into a prop sounds pretty "voluntary" to me.

america coulod use this incident to highlight gun safety ""common sense" but of course, just the usual partisan retribution at a guy who was "mean to trump"

america coulod use this incident to highlight gun safety ""common sense" but of course, just the usual partisan retribution at a guy who was "mean to trump"
Retribution? Alec Baldwin killed more people than all of the January 6 rioters. He pulled the trigger and "common sense" would be to verify the gun isn't loaded. That's like shooting 101 for retards.

Retribution? Alec Baldwin killed more people than all of the January 6 rioters. He pulled the trigger and "common sense" would be to verify the gun isn't loaded. That's like shooting 101 for retards.
the kind of shooting 101 that most retards need and don'[t get. these hollywood creeps need to demonstrate, to teach by example, that these weapons are not toys.

You kinda start to understand why liberals are so anti-gun. When liberals like Baldwin act this irresponsibly with a loaded gun in their hand, you agree, maybe liberals should ban guns, from themselves. Only allow responsible Republicans to own them. Apparently they're the only ones who know how.

It's actually very common for Real rounds to be used in the making of movies so that actors can practice and get the feel of a gun and how it would work if they were really shooting.

The Armorer's job is to keep track of the firearms keep them in proper order, and check that each weapon is safe between shoots. In this case, she failed to properly check the weapon and left a live round in the gun. Baldwin was told the weapon was clear and was practicing his draw when the gun went off.

The reason she was charged with involuntary manslaughter was because the shooting was an accident. It arose from her negligence rather then malicious intent.

Justice always ignores the elitists and trickles down to the lower class.

Baldwin was ultimately responsible for the shooting. He's the one who failed to observe proper firearms safety rules.

You kinda start to understand why liberals are so anti-gun. When liberals like Baldwin act this irresponsibly with a loaded gun in their hand, you agree, maybe liberals should ban guns, from themselves. Only allow responsible Republicans to own them. Apparently they're the only ones who know how.
That's why they had someone responsible for the safety of all guns on the set. If they didn't do their job properly, they should be charged and found guilty.

Well that descended in to Liberal v Conservative thing quick....

I don't know how Cinema Sets work... Does the Actor check the gun OR do Armours tell actors don't open the gun in case you do something stupid... It think it is more the later, Armour is the professional, he puts something in your hand and says its safe.

Shooting Films must have a lot of this going on especially in Stunts (e.g. Car Setup)... Think how much trust Tom Cruise must have in his Stunt Co-ordinator to do some of those stunts...

So this is a low budget movie, corners were cut to keep costs down... I think it is fair to say that the Government could learn from this and have more Set Safety inspectors to do check ups... One of the failures here was the lack of enforcement of Government regulation..

well, an NRA member wouldn't have done that without being a prop dummy

Baldwin was handed what he was told was a cold gun and was told to aim it at a camera for a shot.

Now, in terms of civil liability, um, yeah, he's probably liable. He hired this armorer and ran a sloppy set.

But criminally? Doubtful.

That's what an armorer is for. They are specifically paid to do that, they are supposed to be the professional so the actors aren't responsible.

And what is Alecs qualifications for him to say the gun has a live round in it? His job is to be an actor, not be a firearm expert.

By your logic if Alec was in a movie where he had to drive a car and the brakes fail and he crashes the car and kills someone then he is guilty because he didn't pull the tire off and inspect the brake pads and brake lines. He should be a mechanic that inspects the car top to bottom to make sure it's safe to drive.

Baldwin was handed what he was told was a cold gun and was told to aim it at a camera for a shot.

Now, in terms of civil liability, um, yeah, he's probably liable. He hired this armorer and ran a sloppy set.

But criminally? Doubtful.
I agree

Baldwin should be stripped of all his assets but not sent to prison

It is always a good idea to check to see if a firearm is loaded when someone hands it to you even if they tell you it is unloaded.

If you are unfamiliar with the firearm ask the person who handed it to you to demonstrate how to check to see if is loaded.

That's what an armorer is for. They are specifically paid to do that, they are supposed to be the professional so the actors aren't responsible.

And what is Alecs qualifications for him to say the gun has a live round in it? His job is to be an actor, not be a firearm expert.

By your logic if Alec was in a movie where he had to drive a car and the brakes fail and he crashes the car and kills someone then he is guilty because he didn't pull the tire off and inspect the brake pads and brake lines. He should be a mechanic that inspects the car top to bottom to make sure it's safe to drive.
If you're shooting a weapon .. you're responsible for what happens down range. If an armorer provided me with a weapon, claimed it was safe, I pointed at you, shot and killed you .. I'm responsible. It's called manslaughter.

Please don't call them 'liberals'. They are not. They are anything BUT.

"Leftists'' is more accurate. "Scum" works, too

I disagree with the verdict.

Whoever has the gun in his/her hand and is in control of it, is responsible for it.

I can watch somebody unload a pistol, or even a rifle, and hand it to me and the first thing I do is check to see if it's unloaded. Every time.

If I hand it off, I check to make sure it's unloaded and I also insist that the person I handed it to checks to make sure it's unloaded.

And I never, NEVER, not ever, under any circumstances point a weapon at a person unless I intend to shoot them. Never. Not ever.

From what I understand, Baldwin was acting childish and using the pistol as a pointint stick and just generally being a bitch.

He deserves 80% of the blame and the rest of the people on the set deserve the other 20% for not telling him to stop acting like a bitch.

I thought the verdict sucked

The reason she was charged with involuntary manslaughter was because the shooting was an accident. It arose from her negligence rather then malicious intent.

But so many liberals on here said that since it was an accident, it wasn't a crime. And that couldn't be further from the truth. I said it was a crime, a death occurred at the hands of another, that is a crime. Not murder, but a crime. And I was right.

But so many liberals on here said that since it was an accident, it wasn't a crime. And that couldn't be further from the truth. I said it was a crime, a death occurred at the hands of another, that is a crime. Not murder, but a crime. And I was right.
I think, and I could be wrong, but I think Manslaughter requires 'Depraved Indifference'

I think the verdict sucked and nobody in here will accuse me of being a 'liberal'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back