Gun used in Alec Baldwin ‘Rust’ shooting ‘destroyed by the state,’ defense lawyer reveals

Why do you think this matters?
Depravation of the right to cross examine functionality and faults. You NEVER destroy evidence of a crime prior to trial. This is considered a depravation of Baldwins Civil rights... This could also kill the case and see him walk free. Or was that the reason they did it...???

This is unbelievable! Now they are destroying guns from movie sets! why destroy it? what do they gain with that? all for show!

What a circus! idiots!

Depravation of the right to cross examine functionality and faults. You NEVER destroy evidence of a crime prior to trial. This is considered a depravation of Baldwins Civil rights... This could also kill the case and see him walk free. Or was that the reason they did it...???
The gun just went off in my hand defense has never once worked.

PROVE IT! The evidence has been destroyed... Now what are you going to do?
Let's imagine for a moment that Baldwin tried to say the gun was faulty. The very next question is why would you hire such a crappy weapons "expert"? He's still the boss and legally responsible for any kind of mishap on set.

Let's imagine for a moment that Baldwin tried to say the gun was faulty. The very next question is why would you hire such a crappy weapons "expert"? He's still the boss and legally responsible for any kind of mishap on set.
Again PROVE IT or DISPROVE IT.. without the evidence you cannot. That is a violation of the defendants right to cross examine evidence. Mark my words, Baldwin is going to walk because of this.

Again PROVE IT or DISPROVE IT.. without the evidence you cannot. That is a violation of the defendants right to cross examine evidence. Mark my words, Baldwin is going to walk because of this.
Prove what? That he's legally responsible? His signature exists on every contract signed to make that movie as the executive producer. As the head honcho he contractually accepted the ultimate responsibility for what happens on set. Why is this concept eluding you so?

More precisely an Acquittal...
Yeah.

I don't like Alec Baldwin, and I believe the carelessness in gun handling is very typical of these hollywood "gunslingers," who have likely never felt the recoil of an actual pistol shot. Well, Baldwin did that one time, but that was a bad way to learn.

Still, if I'm on the jury there's no way I'm voting to convict after the prosecution destroyed a key piece of evidence.

Why destroy evidence?

Why?:cuckoo:
You do not. This has the smell of scuttling the prosecution's case to save Baldwin. This is a huge breach of Baldwins right to a fair trial. Frankly, I don't see how it survives this. This makes me think someone was paid off to do this. This needs a judicial investigation and those responsible dealt with. IF there is proof of communications with people in the Baldwin camp to do this then we have other charges.

The Mob was good at doing things like this to keep their people out of jail.

You do not. This has the smell of scuttling the prosecution's case to save Baldwin. This is a huge breach of Baldwins right to a fair trial. Frankly, I don't see how it survives this.

Yes, like I said before, a total circus!

Non existent Justice in the US anymore.:mad:

Not sure why you think this gun is evidence when it's obvious prosecutors had no intention of introducing it in court. The gun "expert" and the shooter are not in question. As the legally responsible parties on this film production their guilt is not in question. The only question to be answered is their individual level of negligence and the penalty.
The firearm is the object in question without it there is no case.

The gun just went off in my hand defense has never once worked.

Actually. It had. Remington had an issue with their 700 rifles. The two part trigger assembly would trip the firing pin because of a design flaw without anyone touching the trigger. There were several incidents of people getting shot because of this flaw. Taurus had an issue with the safety on the Millennium Pro series of pistols. Several people were shot and some died because of this flaw.

So your statement is not exactly accurate.

If this weapon was a replica true to the era it had a firing pin on the hammer. Those were notorious for accidental discharges. Cowboys usually carried it with the hammer on an empty chamber because of that threat. The six shooter became a five shooter in the interest of safety.

Forum List

Back