Gun used in Alec Baldwin ‘Rust’ shooting ‘destroyed by the state,’ defense lawyer reveals

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
1678404925245.png

NEW MEXICO (KRQE) — Alec Baldwin’s attorney told a judge on Thursday that the state destroyed the gun used in the deadly “Rust” movie-set shooting. The announcment was made during a status hearing in the case against “Rust” actor-producer Alec Baldwin and the film’s armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed.

During the hearing, an attorney for Baldwin, Alex Spiro, said he received an email from the state that the defense would be receiving discovery Thursday. Spiro also brought up the fact that the firearm at the center of this case has been destroyed by the state. “That’s obviously an issue, and we’re going to have to see that firearm — or what’s left of it,” Spiro said.

More....

9rt5sZj-59.gif

Wow, this has to be the first time I've heard of the government destroying evidence to HELP a defendant. Leftist privilege sure is great......I guess New Mexico really needs that cowboy movie money.

View attachment 764058
NEW MEXICO (KRQE) — Alec Baldwin’s attorney told a judge on Thursday that the state destroyed the gun used in the deadly “Rust” movie-set shooting. The announcment was made during a status hearing in the case against “Rust” actor-producer Alec Baldwin and the film’s armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed.

During the hearing, an attorney for Baldwin, Alex Spiro, said he received an email from the state that the defense would be receiving discovery Thursday. Spiro also brought up the fact that the firearm at the center of this case has been destroyed by the state. “That’s obviously an issue, and we’re going to have to see that firearm — or what’s left of it,” Spiro said.

More....

9rt5sZj-59.gif

Wow, this has to be the first time I've heard of the government destroying evidence to HELP a defendant. Leftist privilege sure is great......I guess New Mexico really needs that cowboy movie money.

Yeah, I have NEVER heard of anything like that happening before.

Yeah, I have NEVER heard of anything like that happening before.

Former Attorney General Eric Holder instructed Law Enforcement and Prosecutors ... Not to weigh drugs seized during an arrest ...
Or prosecute Defendents using the weight of the drugs confiscated ... To avoid Minimum Sentencing Requirements set forth in Legislation.

Here's an article explaining how he managed to do it ... And how to avoid judges interfering.
I included this article because other items are linked for reference to specific requirements and supporting case law.

Former Attorney General Eric Holder instructed Law Enforcement and Prosecutors ... Not to weigh drugs seized during an arrest ...
Or prosecute Defendents using the weight of the drugs confiscated ... To avoid Minimum Sentencing Requirements set forth in Legislation.

Here's an article explaining how he managed to do it ... And how to avoid judges interfering.
I included this article because other items are linked for reference to specific requirements and supporting case law.

There is a difference you're dealing with a murder

Without the ability for the defense to have its own experts examine and test the functionality of the gun, the legitimacy of the prosecution’s examination of the gun can very easily be brought into question, and possibly even suppressed.
The responsible parties are not in question. Even were the gun somehow not functioning correctly that's still negligence on the part of their so-called weapons expert.

There is a difference you're dealing with a murder

It's just another example of Political figures in Executive Positions or Law Enforcement ...
Doing whatever they can to circumvent the Law to assist who they feel like assisting.

Westwall indicated he had never seen anything like it ... I had and knew where to look.
What law they are attempting to circumvent really doesn't matter.

Again evidence in a murder has never ever been destroyed before the trial starts
Obviously they had no intention of introducing the gun as evidence in the first place. It's not needed to establish negligence on the part of Baldwin and his employee.

It's just another example of Political figures in Executive Positions or Law Enforcement ...
Doing whatever they can to circumvent the Law to assist who they feel like assisting.

Westwall indicated he had never seen anything like it ... I had and knew where to look.
What law they are attempting to circumvent really doesn't matter.

Not disagreeing on that point.

Obviously they had no intention of introducing the gun as evidence in the first place. It's not needed to establish negligence on the part of Baldwin and his employee.
Intent or not is irrelevant evidence involving a murder has never been destroyed even before the trial has started

Justice only for the wealthy and government favorites.
The price of doing nothing.......gets costlier.....
lol. You ain't seen nuthin yet
:spinner:

McCauleyCaulkinFace.jpg

Last edited:
Intent or not is irrelevant evidence involving a murder has never been destroyed even before the trial has started
The charge isn't murder. It's involuntary manslaughter. The only question to be answered is the level of negligence.

Without the ability for the defense to have its own experts examine and test the functionality of the gun, the legitimacy of the prosecution’s examination of the gun can very easily be brought into question, and possibly even suppressed.

The charge isn't murder. It's involuntary manslaughter. The only question to be answered is the level of negligence.
Baldwin alleges he did not pull the trigger so the defense should be able to have their own experts examine the weapon. Can't do that now.

A murder was commited and even in a man slaughter evidence is not destroyed before the trail had started
Not sure why you think this gun is evidence when it's obvious prosecutors had no intention of introducing it in court. The gun "expert" and the shooter are not in question. As the legally responsible parties on this film production their guilt is not in question. The only question to be answered is their individual level of negligence and the penalty.

Forum List

Back