Abrupt end to mask mandates reflects a shifting political landscape

turbofish

Gold Member
Apr 19, 2021

Coincidence that this is happening just days after the HHS stopped requiring hospitals to report covid deaths?

From the left - far, far left

From the right

As soon as I heard that the HHS was going to stop counting covid deaths after they were going to have to answer the never answered question of deaths with covid vs deaths from covid, I knew that covid itself was officially over. Sure, the CDC had been posting what age the biggest number of people were 'dying' from/with covid was over the age of 85 years old and that kids were more likely to die from the flu than covid, but by all means, lets mask those kids and force them to all do remote learning.
Sure, they found out that the current vaccines didn't do much good for the Omicron version but still had to fire all those who work in long term facilities like foster homes [and you just thought it was medical workers] because they didn't have a vaccine that actually worked for the newest variant [23% efficacy to 33%].

It is all about the lefts refusal to accept responsibility for all of the covid overreaction damage they have caused.

Democrat party is evil

Never forget the evil one behind the curtains!

1644455163353.png

I hope it means we can move on from this extraordinary period of weirdness we have been in.
I would like to think so but I also think that some of our society won't ever recover and will stay in their covid bubble.

For example, I have two co-workers who are super smart, very educated but are now too scared to go to the office. I had one that was so scared of me passing the support phone [IT] that she had me lay the phone on the ground and back away. She then sprayed down the phone which I placed in a plastic bag before picking it up while responding "I am so scared, I haven't been this close to another human that wasn't in my house". Meanwhile, I drove up in my convertible with the top down, maskless, shaking my head of the insanity that has gripped our world. The other co-worker, I had to ring her door bell, toss the support phone on the porch and walk way while she thanked me from the other side of her glass door. I made the mistake of having my dog with me and later learning that she is also terrified of dogs.
These are two out of 30 [difficult number really to count since nearly 40% of the department quit in the past year] that will not reacclimate to old society norms. Ever

Keep in mind that this is in the south [Arkansas] in a fairly small county [250K] in a fairly small city [75K]. My daughter surprised me this weekend by flying down from WA and was shocked that there were so many people not wearing masks. Granted, she works in a world that can get away from not having a mask on while at work [social work in a foster home for disabled kids] but wouldn't venture out of her workplace without a mask due to public scrutiny. She only wore her mask once due to the Museum we went to required masks. Do you know how hard it is to look at art while your glasses are fogging up?! Heck, I even turned down a job there because I didn't want to deal with their covid panic. Beautiful museum though located in a location where most wouldn't think that culture could exist. Yeah, thanks Walmart money for making us big time

Coincidence that this is happening just days after the HHS stopped requiring hospitals to report covid deaths?

From the left - far, far left

From the right

As soon as I heard that the HHS was going to stop counting covid deaths after they were going to have to answer the never answered question of deaths with covid vs deaths from covid, I knew that covid itself was officially over. Sure, the CDC had been posting what age the biggest number of people were 'dying' from/with covid was over the age of 85 years old and that kids were more likely to die from the flu than covid, but by all means, lets mask those kids and force them to all do remote learning.
Sure, they found out that the current vaccines didn't do much good for the Omicron version but still had to fire all those who work in long term facilities like foster homes [and you just thought it was medical workers] because they didn't have a vaccine that actually worked for the newest variant [23% efficacy to 33%].

It is all about the lefts refusal to accept responsibility for all of the covid overreaction damage they have caused.

Democrat party is evil
The mask mandate was not meant to last forever.

Forum List

Back