Abrupt end to mask mandates reflects a shifting political landscape

Yes it was.
That is the whole point of masks, to prevent herd immunity that would normally have ended any epidemic.

All masks do is slow down infection rates slightly.
That is the LAST thing you would ever want to do, because that does not at all prevent epidemic growth, while it does prevent enough people from becoming immune through recovery, so that herd immunity becomes impossible.
It essentially conserves easy hosts, so that you can keep the epidemic going forever.
It not only means variants, but eventually makes the pathogen endemic, and it then never goes away.
Yet masks are not mandated for the entire world.

Failed?

I would call it a resounding success tbh. 2 years ago I would have never thought Americans would put up with 2 straight years of the CDC straight up lying to their face, erecting mandates and health measures that are BLATANTLY unconstitutional, robing children of their future out of fear for themselves knowing that there is almost zero risk to children and all around shitting all over the concept of freedom.

And they claim to represent the poor, the people that are effected by these measures by a massive margin.

No, they found the line and it was WAY past where it should have been. I would bet they are gleeful at the massive amount of power they proved they can wield with a bit of fear.
The DemNazi Left put a smile on Satan’s face for sure!

The Left has been exposed so much throughout this pandemic it makes me concerned for the next one. If Pelosi and Lightfoot are telling people to stay home, who is not going to wonder when these two leaders are headed out for the next hair appointment? Gavin Newsome will be shutting down restaurants unless of course they will be hosting his private dinner parties. DC Mayor Bowser will put travel mandates on everyone except herself to jump on a Train to go to a Democrat celebration three states away. And, don’t forget, we could be under another pandemic lockdown but if BLM gets their panties in a bunch and tear down cities, then they will get a pass as well.

The Left has been exposed so much throughout this pandemic it makes me concerned for the next one. If Pelosi and Lightfoot are telling people to stay home, who is not going to wonder when these two leaders are headed out for the next hair appointment? Gavin Newsome will be shutting down restaurants unless of course they will be hosting his private dinner parties. DC Mayor Bowser will put travel mandates on everyone except herself to jump on a Train to go to a Democrat celebration three states away. And, don’t forget, we could be under another pandemic lockdown but if BLM gets their panties in a bunch and tear down cities, then they will get a pass as well.
So how would you like the next pandemic to be dealt with?

Next variant: BS2
b-52s.jpg

I'm so confused.

Glad the numbers are coming down, will be a great day for all when its over. BUT last month I got a letter from the secretary of a club I belong to. at the end of the letter she said thank God the virus is over. today I got an email saying she has the virus. lets not be hasty in passing judgment. lets just do the best we can to get over this mess with out causing any avoidable harm.

The best way to "get over this mess" is to accelerate infection among volunteers least vulnerable.
That will quickly achieve herd immunity and end it.

Great (actually lame) non answer
I just listed all of the Left’s so called leaders and how they used the pandemic as a mechanism for control. If the pandemic was that serious, then these hypocrites e we oiled not have been taking it so lightly.

again, next pandemic, be Straight Up.

Yet masks are not mandated for the entire world.

And instead of lasting only 2 months, the epidemic lasted over 2 years, world wide.
We should have learned from the only other time masks were used, the 1918 Spanish flu, that you never want to "flatten the curve".
That is a foolish middle course that can't ever work.
Instead, you need to do one extreme or the other.
Either full quarantine, or deliberate infection to accelerate it.
Either one of those can end it in 2 months or less.
But "flattening the curve" can never end it and make it last forever instead.

So how would you like the next pandemic to be dealt with?

The correct way.
If too lethal, then full quarantine like with did with Ebola.
If not too lethal, then deliberate infection of those least vulnerable, like Gen. Washington did with smallpox in 1777.

The best way to "get over this mess" is to accelerate infection among volunteers least vulnerable.
That will quickly achieve herd immunity and end it.
The very nature of a pandemic means you CAN'T control it that way

Which you have been against for two fucking years.

STFU Vlad

Liar.
I have always said that full quarantine is a successful strategy for any epidemic.
With full contract tracing, it can end any epidemic QUICKLY!

What I have always been against is "flattening the curve", which is not strict enough to end it quickly by preventing infection, but too strict to end it quickly by using up all the easy hosts.
It is the worst possible choice, forcing epidemic to last forever.

We never did full quarantine.
Instead we pushed masks and social distancing, to "flatten the curve".
That still allowed it to spread and increase, so accomplished nothing except give it more time to evolve variants that would become endemic.

The very nature of a pandemic means you CAN'T control it that way

Wrong.
All pandemics have always been easily controlled.
Like Gen. Washington did with smallpox in 1777.

Gen. Washington had the Continental Army deliberately infected with the weakest smallpox he could find.

{...
When George Washington took command of the Continental Army in 1775, America was fighting a war on two fronts: one for independence from the British, and a second for survival against smallpox. Because Washington knew the ravages of the disease firsthand, he understood that the smallpox virus, then an invisible enemy, could cripple his army and end the war before it began.

That’s why Washington eventually made the bold decision to inoculate all American troops who had never been sickened with smallpox at a time when inoculation was a crude and often deadly process. His gamble paid off. The measure staved off smallpox long enough to win a years-long fight with the British. In the process, Washington pulled off the first massive, state-funded immunization campaign in American history.
...}

Forum List

Back