Abortion should be banned in the United States

No, they're human. I assume you're American. Most Americans on this board can only default between two states, all or none, as in all guns or no guns, all abortions or no abortions. It's called Binary Thinking.

So when you stray from one extreme to the other, you compromise, you meet in the middle. And with abortions, a healthy fetus is not an illness unless it's an ectopic pregnancy, so I:m all for banning abortions. Where's the quality of life with a diagnosed fetus that has Downs, MS, deformity etc.. to both the baby and parents? So I would be all for banning abortions unless ectopic and some abnormality, illness etc... You know, middle ground.
Meeting in the middle to you is nobody should be able to have an abortion unless some very unusual circumstances?

That to me doesn't seem all that middle of a road position.
-Rape and incest. Have a baby
-No money to properly take care of a child. Have a baby.
-Be 15. Have a baby.

Maybe those things are your etc.etc but still.

I do not like the idea of abortions. I hate the idea of telling OTHER people that they are obligated to go through the inconvenience and even danger of a pregnancy more. Not to mention deciding for someone else that they have to make the absolutely life-changing act of raising another human being.

I'm the product of a union of 2 people wholly unqualified to do so. And it took me decades to overcome the scarring that left. I have a sibling that never overcame it. It completely ruined them.

Yet you ,and the whole pro-life movement have no problem taking the choice away from people.

Meeting in the middle to you is nobody should be able to have an abortion unless some very unusual circumstances?

-Be 15. Have a baby.

Maybe those things are your etc.etc but still.

I do not like the idea of abortions. I hate the idea of telling OTHER people that they are obligated to go through the inconvenience and even danger of a pregnancy more. Not to mention deciding for someone else that they have to make the absolutely life-changing act of raising another human being.

I'm the product of a union of 2 people wholly unqualified to do so. And it took me decades to overcome the scarring that left. I have a sibling that never overcame it. It completely ruined them.

Yet you ,and the whole pro-life movement have no problem taking the choice away from people.
Yet another person that defaults to rape and incest, stats that don't even make up 1% of the stats but they use it 100% of the time.

Take your rape argument to the likes of Jesse Jackson and Eartha Kitt. Just incase your knowledge is lacking, they were conceived from rape.

Choice has not been taken away from anyone, pro lifers in fact advocate choice by asking people to make their choice BEFORE conceiving.

If the woman has the pill implant and coil fitted, and the man uses a condom and spermicidal gel, then when they insist in intercourse, no chance of a baby. Use none or one, then that's your problem.

Why not pick a different orifice?

Last edited:
-Be 15. Have a baby.
If it’s rape in that less than a fraction of a percent of cases we have a different and difficult discussion.

Otherwise we’re talking about someone who chose to do the thing that makes kids, and surprise; they made a kid.

In which case they should take care of their kid and certainly not attack their helpless, innocent kid. Obviously.

Not to mention deciding for someone else that they have to make the absolutely life-changing act of raising another human being.
They don’t have to - they chose to make another human being, so now they get that responsibility.

They made their choice and they get the consequences.

So, should we worry about what happens when you declare our genetic code isn't up to snuff, which justifies you murdering us?

This coming from a spokesperson for the pro-death party.

This coming from a spokesperson for the pro-death party.
You didn't answer.

Once you've started assigning rights by who has the superior DNA -- as the pro-life movement claims to do -- then it's a short journey down the slippery slope to classifying people as untermenschen because they have inferior DNA. The pro-life eugenics philosophy is dangerous.

assigning rights by who has the superior DNA -- as the pro-life movement claims to do --...

Another absurd lie from the pro-death party. Even your own straw man is disgusted with you.

Yet another person that defaults to rape and incest, stats that don't even make up 1% of the stats but they use it 100% of the time.

Take your rape argument to the likes of Jesse Jackson and Eartha Kitt. Just incase your knowledge is lacking, they were conceived from rape.

Choice has not been taken away from anyone, pro lifers in fact advocate choice by asking people to make their choice BEFORE conceiving.

If the woman has the pill implant and coil fitted, and the man uses a condom and spermicidal gel, then when they insist in intercourse, no chance of a baby. Use none or one, then that's your problem.

Yet another person that defaults to rape and incest,
I do not default to just rape and incest. I also mentioned financial stability, (which is the statistacally most comon cited reason) and age.

If you want to argue my points. Then argue them instead of cherry picking, and hoping I don't notice.
So? 2 anecdotes. There are millions of people in this situation. For every anecdote of successful and happy people there are arguably more including victims of crimes, who you are TELLING "tough luck" deal with it.
Why is it that you only have sympathy for the unborn human and are remarkably callous to the ones who actually, you know... are already fully functioning members of society.
Choice has not been taken away from anyone
Except
If the woman has the pill implant and coil fitted, and the man uses a condom and spermicidal gel
Mandating contraception For both male and female

The way a person has sex. Not to mention AFTER the act of sex no choices allowed.

Seems "no choices being taken away" comes with very few choices.

I do not default to just rape and incest. I also mentioned financial stability, (which is the statistacally most comon cited reason) and age.

If you want to argue my points. Then argue them instead of cherry picking, and hoping I don't notice.

So? 2 anecdotes. There are millions of people in this situation. For every anecdote of successful and happy people there are arguably more including victims of crimes, who you are TELLING "tough luck" deal with it.
Why is it that you only have sympathy for the unborn human and are remarkably callous to the ones who actually, you know... are already fully functioning members of society.

Except

Mandating contraception For both male and female

The way a person has sex. Not to mention AFTER the act of sex no choices allowed.

Seems "no choices being taken away" comes with very few choices.
Try again, I don't do butchered up quotes.

If you don't believe me, check the numerous others where I've told them too

If it’s rape in that less than a fraction of a percent of cases we have a different and difficult discussion.

Otherwise we’re talking about someone who chose to do the thing that makes kids, and surprise; they made a kid.

In which case they should take care of their kid and certainly not attack their helpless, innocent kid. Obviously.

They don’t have to - they chose to make another human being, so now they get that responsibility.

They made their choice and they get the consequences.

I do things that have unintended consequences all the time. So do you. So does everybody. You are claiming this particular unintended consequence should be irrevocable, while it's certainly possible to revoke it. And no, it's not an attack, and no at that point it is not "a kid". It certainly has the potential to become a kid, but it is a fetus. Totally dependent and a part of someone else. A someone else you claim authority over.
They don’t have to - they chose to make another human being
They choose to have sex. For most people that choice is made completely independent from the choice to have another human being most of the time.

Try again, I don't do butchered up quotes.

If you don't believe me, check the numerous others where I've told them too
If you say I use something that only make up 1 percent of the stats and this is my quote
-Be 15. Have a baby.
You are in fact butchering my quote by ONLY focusing on one of my three examples. Totally disregarding that one of my used examples is in fact something that is the most common reason for an abortion. It is called cherry-picking as I said.

If you say I use something that only make up 1 percent of the stats and this is my quote

You are in fact butchering my quote by ONLY focusing on one of my three examples. Totally disregarding that one of my used examples is in fact something that is the most common reason for an abortion. It is called cherry-picking as I said.
Through one of your lugs and out the other, fucktard.

If you want to debate, do one reply. If something specific is boiling your piss, ask it. Start butchering up quotes, then just go and scream at the sky in front of someone else, can't be done with your petty arguements.

I am pro-life, my view is that unless human rights mean something divergent to "human rights," the unborn should have them. As a consequence, I believe nearly all abortion should be banned (the typical 99% or more or cases). There are potential exceptions which I remain agnostic on but these do not make up the paradigm of incidents. Otherwise, I have never heard a good argument for legal abortion and I will openly argue that it ought to be banned.
You can shut down a lot of abortion clinics and leave the hospitals open. This will cut it by a percent, including the possibility of a big percent, and women will have to cooperate.

What I don't recommend is the 40-day rule because of the heart-beat. Women may not know in time and emergencies happen.

Objectively false, and insane.
I love these semantic fights.

A dictionary is your friend. Definition of KID you will find not a fetus as a synonym.

A fetus is not a "kid" any more than a caterpillar is a butterfly. Different stages of gestation have different names. That is the OBJECTIVE truth.

I will accept that it's life. Even that it's human. It is however not a baby, kid, child or person. U.S. Supreme Court rebuffs fetal personhood appeal Not even this supreme court wanted to change those definitions.

By the way. Calling people names don't give your arguments more validity. In my opinion it just shows an inability to let the argument do the talking.

I love these semantic fights.

A dictionary is your friend. Definition of KID you will find not a fetus as a synonym.

A fetus is not a "kid" any more than a caterpillar is a butterfly. That is the OBJECTIVE truth.

I will accept that it's life. Even that it's human. It is however not a baby, kid, child or person. U.S. Supreme Court rebuffs fetal personhood appeal Not even this supreme court wanted to change those definitions.
SCOTUS can’t define personhood.

That’s the legislature’s job.

The unborn are young humans; thus, they are kids.

They are not goats, if you want to use the most technical definition of kids, but otherwise feel free to stop being wrong.

Saying a caterpillar is not a butterfly is a pretty useless statement, a tadpole plus age is an adult frog, a caterpillar plus age is an adult butterfly. The acorn absolutely contains within it a young oak tree.

The same organism aged is still the same lifeform and it has always been a member organism of the species.

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Every female who has an abortion is a female pregnant with a baby she does not want to raise, and usually is not in a good position to raise the child. What will you do with all these unwanted children?

I was told that usually they can afford to bear the child, and I was told there are laws where you can just leave the baby at a hospital and it will be raised safely to the age of 18.

Forum List

Back