Abortion should be banned in the United States

Iteration

Rookie
Oct 8, 2022
I am pro-life, my view is that unless human rights mean something divergent to "human rights," the unborn should have them. As a consequence, I believe nearly all abortion should be banned (the typical 99% or more or cases). There are potential exceptions which I remain agnostic on but these do not make up the paradigm of incidents. Otherwise, I have never heard a good argument for legal abortion and I will openly argue that it ought to be banned.

Yeah, I am sorry, I made a mistake. This was for "politics." Is there anything I can do about this? A moderator can remove my post if possible.

I am pro-life, my view is that unless human rights mean something divergent to "human rights," the unborn should have them. As a consequence, I believe nearly all abortion should be banned (the typical 99% or more or cases). There are potential exceptions which I remain agnostic on but these do not make up the paradigm of incidents. Otherwise, I have never heard a good argument for legal abortion and I will openly argue that it ought to be banned.
So pro-lifer, you oppose the death penalty?

When I was growing up, abortion was basically illegal everywhere. Furthermore, there were very strong social sanctions attached to it in most communities. If a girl/woman got an abortion, it was basically the same as a confirmation that she was a slut/whore/you pick the right word.

But there was a movement afoot around the country in the late 60's and early 70's, and a few states had repealed their laws or stopped trying to enforce them, or making exceptions for "research" or whatever. The Supreme Court figuratively took the world by storm when they decreed that [basically] a woman had a "right" to get an abortion during the first trimester of pregnancy. We now know that this "right" was nothing more than Leftist sophistry that has now been properly tossed into the dustbin of history.

During the looooooong period when abortion was outlawed (from the Founding until, say, 1973) there were occasions when desperate women tried primitive means to self-abort, and occasionally these measures resulted in permanent damage, or even death to the woman using them. The current Leftist Narrative is that huge numbers of women died in these attempts, and that "fact" justifies their campaign to re-establish a "woman's right to choose."

A nationwide ban on abortions could only be created by a Constitutional Amendment, which in turn would require super-majorities in legislatures, etc., which supermajority does not currently exist. There could be a ban in a few states - Utah comes to mind - but it would not be completely effective, as various "rights" groups would seek to avoid it by offering free transportation and services to those in need of an abortion.

Polls create false narratives about abortions being supported and opposed; the result of the poll invariably depends on how the questions are presented. While it pains me to type this, President Clinton was on the right track when he suggested that abortions should be legal, safe, and rare. The only question is how to define "rare."

Historically abortion was exceedingly rare because children were valued. They were necessary workers, they stepped up to care for aging parents who were valued for their wisdom. Abortion for the most part was unthinkable. Unmarried women might have been so distraught that they sought an abortion but even that was uncommon. Couples preferred to just marry.

Today, children have no value at all. They are universally a burden as are elderly family. That's why we can have a thought process that equates abortion with the death penalty. Abortion will be necessary until children are necessary.

Would you allow a woman to choose to terminate her pregnancy if it was the result of rape or incest, or if the fetus was so horrible malformed that survival outside the womb wouldn't be possible? What if the mother's health would be severely compromised, to the point of it being life threatening?

Would you have a problem with a woman choosing to terminate in those scenarios?

OK, Canon Shooter, would you allow prohibition in ALL OTHER circumstances? Otherwise, your point is fatuous. You have no point.

Abortion is wrong because it is the taking of a human life. The circumstances surrounding the creation of that life are not relevant, any more than they would be relevant with a small child. If the mother's life would be seriously threatened by bringing a child to term, then we have something to talk about, but this is microscopically rare - as everyone knows.

dear OP,

unless you vote for those who would raise taxes to feed, clothe, educate, house, & provide medical care for all those forced into gestation & birthed ... then you are not pro 'life'. all you are is a
pro birth hypocrite; & there's a bigley difference in the two definitions.

sincerly, playtime.

ps ( there are almost 1/2 million unwanted post born children in the foster care system... how many have you taken in? )

dear OP,

unless you vote for those who would raise taxes to feed, clothe, educate, house, & provide medical care for all those forced into gestation & birthed ... then you are not pro 'life'. all you are is a
pro birth hypocrite; & there's a bigley difference in the two definitions.

sincerly, playtime.

ps ( there are almost 1/2 million unwanted post born children in the foster care system... how many have you taken in? )
Foster children aren't unwanted. In most cases parents are battling to get them back. There aren't many children to be adopted which is why foreign adoptions are so popular and expensive.

My step granddaughter has five children in foster care in Arizona. She has been fighting to get them back for a year. Two have already been adopted. The family has been fighting for placement. Everything denied because the state gets $30.000.per child for an adoption. You don't know the first thing about foster care.

Last edited:
Republicans know just how unpopular your opinion is. In Michigan Prop 3 is do you want abortion legal in the state or not? Yes or no. Republicans don't have the balls to say that in their adds so you know what their commercials are saying about prop 3? Vote NO on prop 3 because..."it's too confusing".

They can't even be honest. All the pro lifers are going to hell. Thou shall not lie. LOL

Foster children aren't unwanted. In most cases parents are battling to get them back.

why were they placed in foster care to begin with? perhaps because their so called 'parents' never shoulda had them in the 1st place.

There aren't many children to be adopted which is why foreign adoptions are so popular and expensive.

no worries - the SC made it so there will be plenty of babies available ...

My step granddaughter has five children in foster care in Arizona. She has been fighting to get them back for a year.

& why was that?

Two have already been adopted.

that leaves 399, 998 left to go.

The family has been fighting for placement. Everything denied because the state gets $30.000.per child for an adoption. You don't know the first thing about foster care.

LOL.... i know that whatever the reason they were taken outa the home was because they were in danger. & unwanted - or there wouldn't have been taken outa the home.

was it neglect? drug use? physical abuse? sexual?

why were they placed in foster care to begin with? perhaps because their so called 'parents' never shoulda had them in the 1st place.

no worries - the SC made it so there will be plenty of babies available ...

& why was that?

that leaves 399, 998 left to go.

LOL.... i know that whatever the reason they were taken outa the home was because they were in danger. & unwanted - or there wouldn't have been taken outa the home.

was it neglect? drug use? physical abuse? sexual?
They were removed from the home because two of the girls were brutally beaten and raped. So all the children were taken. My daughter in law tried to get custody but, the state wanted those adoption fees. Unfortunately the oldest girl is now institutionalized and will be probably for the rest of her life. The rapist, an elderly child care provider, will die behind bars.

The children that grow up in foster care are too damaged to be adopted. Or, the state would sell them as soon as possible. There aren't enough children to sell. Immigration anyone.

I support the death penalty for mass murderers and serial killers even if they are unborn.
Absolutely.

Abortionists and their clients deserve to die in prison - life sentence without parole, minimum. If there is no doubt whatsoever that the killing took place, then sure, execute their evil asses. Both of them. Abortion is contract homicide, any accessories should receive proportionate penalties as well.

Forum List

Back