A Religious Perspective on Psychotic Disorders

SoCalSmurf

Jun 26, 2016
disclaimer: I am not a health care practitioner and do not advocate a turning away from medication nor treatment.

Psychiatry does not know the cause of psychotic disorders. Research merely "implies" that it is a brain disorder. This is nothing but a poor educated guess. For thousands of years it was known to be evil spirits to drive a person mad. The treating physicians would drill holes in people's heads to release the evil spirits. The problem with this is that evil spirits do not reside in a person's head. And needless to say, this form of treatment killed a number of patients. Frontal lobotomies would leave patients with brain damage and yet no cure. Physicians would unethically subdue patients with excessive electric shock and heavy drugs. Modern research shows a chemical imbalance in most psychotics today. This would parallel cases with a history of drug abuse. The brain disorder that psychiatry has discovered would be brain damage caused by some drugs. Drugs like methamphetamine and crack cocaine are sins that bring evil spirits into a person's life. The paranoid drug user believing that the cops are following them is being deceived by evil spirits who are masquerading as cops. Many cultures today still teach the truth that psychotic disorders are caused by evil spirits. Psychiatry has failed to discover the cause of these disorders and they have also failed to find a cure. Some psychiatrists today will tell their patients that their symptoms may be do to evil spirits. Good spirits are not the cause of psychotic disorders. Jesus Christ died so that our souls would be salvaged (restored) and we would not end up as one of these evil spirits.

I believe that a healthy lifestyle with psychiatric treatment if needed and spiritual growth can benefit a person with a psychotic disorder.

To the Christian:

1 Peter 5:8-11. Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for [someone] to devour. Resist him, steadfast, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings. The God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory through Christ [Jesus] will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little. To him be dominion forever. Amen.

Modern anti psychotic drugs are far more effective than the older drugs as they replace vital chemicals in the brain. They also have less side effects. I recommend people with psychotic disorders to take the medication.

There are methods of psychic self healing, such as closing the aura and balancing the chakras, but this is to complicated for the average mentally ill person to deal with. Therefore they are better off taking medication.

disclaimer: I am not a health care practitioner and do not advocate a turning away from medication nor treatment.

Psychiatry does not know the cause of psychotic disorders. Research merely "implies" that it is a brain disorder. This is nothing but a poor educated guess. For thousands of years it was known to be evil spirits to drive a person mad. The treating physicians would drill holes in people's heads to release the evil spirits. The problem with this is that evil spirits do not reside in a person's head. And needless to say, this form of treatment killed a number of patients. Frontal lobotomies would leave patients with brain damage and yet no cure. Physicians would unethically subdue patients with excessive electric shock and heavy drugs. Modern research shows a chemical imbalance in most psychotics today. This would parallel cases with a history of drug abuse. The brain disorder that psychiatry has discovered would be brain damage caused by some drugs. Drugs like methamphetamine and crack cocaine are sins that bring evil spirits into a person's life. The paranoid drug user believing that the cops are following them is being deceived by evil spirits who are masquerading as cops. Many cultures today still teach the truth that psychotic disorders are caused by evil spirits. Psychiatry has failed to discover the cause of these disorders and they have also failed to find a cure. Some psychiatrists today will tell their patients that their symptoms may be do to evil spirits. Good spirits are not the cause of psychotic disorders. Jesus Christ died so that our souls would be salvaged (restored) and we would not end up as one of these evil spirits.

I believe that a healthy lifestyle with psychiatric treatment if needed and spiritual growth can benefit a person with a psychotic disorder.

To the Christian:

1 Peter 5:8-11. Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for [someone] to devour. Resist him, steadfast, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings. The God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory through Christ [Jesus] will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little. To him be dominion forever. Amen.

Peter is talking about sin, not mental illness.

I don't know about all Christians but yes, Catholics believe there is evil in the world and that sometimes a demon can enter a person. That's where exorcism comes in. The Church also recognizes that mental illness is an illness that can be treated by doctors.

There are very few priests that are trained/permitted to do exorcisms. An exorcism may not be performed without permission. Clergy and a medical doctor(s) study each case of possession and together decide if it is a medical condition or true demonic possession.

Last edited:

To the Christian:

My personal view is that both Christian fundamentalists and anti-theists tend to get too technical with scripture.

I've come to terms with my alcoholism. I know that if I start drinking it will eventually lead to a time when I overdue it and do something stupid that I'll end up regretting. I love the intoxication and euphoria of drinking, but I know I can't risk it. It really is like fighting a demon. That's what it feels like, a sneaky malicious spirit that I have to maintain constant vigilance against.

To the internet atheist who cringes at any attempt to seek wisdom in scripture, I would mention that I realize I don't have a literal devil living inside me. Spirits or demons are just a colorful illustration of an underlying reality that we don't fully understand.

To the Biblical literalist I'd say the same thing.

Angels and demons are no longer a credible explanation for brain chemistry disorders.
Angels have never been considered the cause of psychotic disorders. Modern research on psychosis merely "implies" the they are caused by a brain disorder. Psychiatry does not know the cause of psychosis and admits this. Today most psychotics show a chemical imbalance in the brain. These are patients with a history of drug abuse. Drugs like crystal methamphetamine and crack cocaine cause a chemical imbalance in the brain as well. It is well known that these drugs cause psychotic symptoms and even a psychosis. These are drugs that bring evil spirits into a person's life. God, Jesus and the angels reach out to help these people. This is the reason why some psychotics claim to have seen and/or heard God, Jesus, angels, demons and the dead.

To the Christian:

Peter is talking about sin, not mental illness.

I don't know about all Christians but yes, Catholics believe there is evil in the world and that sometimes a demon can enter a person. That's where exorcism comes in. The Church also recognizes that mental illness is an illness that can be treated by doctors.

There are very few priests that are trained/permitted to do exorcisms. An exorcism may not be performed without permission. Clergy and a medical doctor(s) study each case of possession and together decide if it is a medical condition or true demonic possession.
Peter was referring to the devil being in a person's life. The devils are known to drive a person mad. The word "madness' was changed to "insanity" and over the course of about a hundred years has been described as a "psychosis".

Psychology is part of the course corriculum required to become a priest today. There are few people that would know some of the works of evil spirits upon mankind today. The priests trained in exorcisms and permitted to perform them would have a better understanding. 100 years or so ago, before psychiatry, the Catholic Church taught that psychotic disorders was caused by evil spirits

Evil spirits do indeed cause a mental illness. Only psychiatry and many others do not know the cause.

Modern anti psychotic drugs are far more effective than the older drugs as they replace vital chemicals in the brain. They also have less side effects. I recommend people with psychotic disorders to take the medication.

There are methods of psychic self healing, such as closing the aura and balancing the chakras, but this is to complicated for the average mentally ill person to deal with. Therefore they are better off taking medication.
I am not opposed to modern medication...as long as it helps.

To the Christian:

My personal view is that both Christian fundamentalists and anti-theists tend to get too technical with scripture.

I've come to terms with my alcoholism. I know that if I start drinking it will eventually lead to a time when I overdue it and do something stupid that I'll end up regretting. I love the intoxication and euphoria of drinking, but I know I can't risk it. It really is like fighting a demon. That's what it feels like, a sneaky malicious spirit that I have to maintain constant vigilance against.

To the internet atheist who cringes at any attempt to seek wisdom in scripture, I would mention that I realize I don't have a literal devil living inside me. Spirits or demons are just a colorful illustration of an underlying reality that we don't fully understand.

To the Biblical literalist I'd say the same thing.
Angels and demons are very real spirits.

The demon that you have with your alcoholism is this:

Demon: A persistently tormenting person, force, or passion.

Angels and demons are very real spirits.

The demon that you have with your alcoholism is this:

Demon: A persistently tormenting person, force, or passion.

Whatever you call it (I would be more inclined toward 'force') it is very real. It's persistent, but usually not tormenting. Just something to be aware of, to recognize, and to adopt strategies to overcome it.

I'm not in AA, but they've adopt processes and practices that mirror Christianity in many ways. Religion is as much of a practice than it is a belief system.

To the Christian:

But the repetition of ritual and mythology & calling it by a fabled name is what drives psychosis, which is why the experts call Christianity a group psychosis in the same manner in which the Manson Family was.
You proved this when you added the word Jesus to 1Peter5:8-11 because repetition programs you to believe wherever it says anointed (Christ) must be about the fable repeated name Jesus. However, it actually says anointed (Moshiach)HaShev(Restore).
Another example of the psychosis is that anytime there is a vision of a lady, it is assumed to be Mary. Because it is infused in their mind, branded in there by repetition of the fable even though the figure who's mother was Mary is of the 100bc era not the Galilean or AD era figures used for the fables image or that it can be any lady.
Especially since the image is taken from the mother Isis proving these points on mass psychosis being instilled by cultist behaviors.

To the Christian:

But the repetition of ritual and mythology & calling it by a fabled name is what drives psychosis, which is why the experts call Christianity a group psychosis in the same manner in which the Manson Family was.
You proved this when you added the word Jesus to 1Peter5:8-11 because repetition programs you to believe wherever it says anointed (Christ) must be about the fable repeated name Jesus. However, it actually says anointed (Moshiach)HaShev(Restore).
Another example of the psychosis is that anytime there is a vision of a lady, it is assumed to be Mary. Because it is infused in their mind, branded in there by repetition of the fable even though the figure who's mother was Mary is of the 100bc era not the Galilean or AD era figures used for the fables image or that it can be any lady.
Especially since the image is taken from the mother Isis proving these points on mass psychosis being instilled by cultist behaviors.
Christianity is, nor has ever been considered mythology. What drives psychosis is the underlying sin. Experts do not call christians a bunch of psychotics. they would be considered quacks (charlatans) if they did and not professionals at all.

Jesus's name is not a fable. We are evil and wicked without God in the afterlife. Jesus restores our souls so that we are good with God, Himself, the angels, friends and family.

Does this look like a mass psychosis? She even introduced herself as the "Mother of God".

I mentioned some of this in an earlier thread, but felt it pertinent to this discussion.

Our Lady of Guadalupe

dMG4EnG.jpg

It is said that this image miraculously appeared on fabric December 12, 1531.

NASA has discovered of Our Lady of Guadalupe to be living.

"The space agency NASA (USA) published the results of research made over the icon Our Lady of Guadalupe."

"Sensational was the fact that analysis of opthalmologic eye reduction Mary showed pupil at the approach of light and the expansion at it's disposal as it happens with the eyes of the living person."

"Also, researchers found that tissue temperature, which depicted an image, meets healthy human body temperature - 36.6 degrees."
"When listening to the body Mary stethoscope, the researchers found a significant heart rate of 115 beats per minute, which corresponds to the baby's heartbeat which is in the womb."

"NASA engineers have also stated the paint with which the image was made does not exist on Earth and has never existed – written by the Tsn.ua which is a news site on the internet."

"In the beginning of the 20th century a bomb was detonated next to the image. As a result of this, everything was destroyed in a large circular radius, the image, however, remained intact."

"The Holy Virgin, according to records, appeared to an Indian, Juan Diego, in the winter of 1531, on the mountain of Tepeyac, near Mexico City to the north. The records shows that a woman appeared in a gold fog and called upon the man to “go to the bishop […] I want a church to be built on this place!” The bishop did not believe Juan Diego and the meeting repeated itself the next day. Diego went to the bishop for the second time. The bishop said that he would believe that the Blessed Mother had appeared if he brought a sign. Diego met again with the Blessed Mother who sent him up to the hilltop where he found blossoming roses despite the season. Juan Diegon gathered the roses into his simple rob and took them to Zumarraga bishop. The chief priest fell down to his knees before the sight: the poor clothing, a tilma (loose robe) of the indigenous man changed into the portrait of Our Lady. The Cathedral of Our Lady was built at that place where Diego’s tilma is still guarded today."

"Aldofo Orozco, research physicist, reports that there is no scientific explanation for the still surviving tilma. Over 10 years similar cloths become ruined by the local moist, salty air. The copy, for example, which was made using the most advanced technology in 1789 was placed behind protective glass, totally faded over 8 years. In contrast to the original, unprotected tilma which has not been damaged after more than a hundred years by the UV-rays, the moist, salty air and the tens of thousands of lit candles near the image."

"The original image attracts crowds of pilgrims: the basilica which guards the icon is said to be the most visited pilgrimage in the world. According to data of Mexico City, in 2004, ten million pilgrims were welcomed only between 9th December and 12th December. The numbers of the visitors reach twenty millions throughout the year."

Source:
matrixdrops.com/en/news/nasa-has-called-the-image-of-the-virgin-of-guadalupe-living

Last edited:
Quote:Christianity is, nor has ever been considered mythology.

Wrong. Even church elect like Cardinals admitted much is borrowed from other cultures myths including the John Apochryphon admitting the Nazarenes borrowed from Zoroastrianism.
Archeological finds prove the Jesus story is mostly that of mythologies plagiarized.

Which brings us to the name Jesus.
There is no historical guy named Jesus (IeSous) which is not a Hebrew Name.
There are a few figures used to create the image thus given the new name for the newly combined image.
Lastly you did not appologize for fallaciously placing Jesus name in the verses you quoted therefore proving my points. Using your apparitions commentary just made my points tangible for all to see just how the mass psychosis works first hand.

Sources:
Pope Leo X, privy to the truth because of his high rank, made this curious declaration, "What profit has not *that fable of Christ* brought us!"

Cardinal Newman admits in his book that; the "temples, incense, oil lamps, votive offerings, holy water, holidays, and seasons of devotion, processions, blessings of the fields, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure (of priests, monks and nuns), images, and statues... are all of pagan origin." The Development of the Christian Religion Cardinal Newman p.359

The many Christs -
Yeshu son of Mary 100bc
Yehuda ben Tabbai 100bc

The following are the only messianic figures in the time of Lysanias(died 35bc) and King Herod(4bc).
Yehuda (Judas) son of Hezekiah (4 BCE)
Simon of Peraea (4 BCE)
Athronges, the shepherd (4 BCE)
Yehuda (Judas) the Galilean (6 CE)
The only Ad era at that time was
Theudas by the Jordan

source borrowed mythologies:

Baal passion play
"Christianity Before Christ" by John G. Jackson, 1985,
pp. 43-46.
(A) Arthur Findlay's report of the translation by a
Professor H. Zimmern, in German, of an ancient tablet
which Jackson reports (citing Findlay) as Babylonian(but found in Assyria)
dating back to circa 2000 BC(now dayed as 700bc)& now in the British
Museum in which the Babylonian myth of Bel (Baal in
Hebrew) is described in a passion play in which:
(1) Bel is taken prisoner;
(2) Bel is tried in a great hall;
(3) Bel is smitten;
(4) Bel is led away to the Mount (a sacred grove on a
hilltop);
(5) with Bel are taken two malefactors, one of whom is
released;
(6) After Bel has gone to the Mount and is executed,
the city breaks into tumult;
(7) Bel's clothes are carried away;
(8.) Bel goes down into the Mount and disappears from
life;
(9) weeping women seek Bel at the Tomb;
(10) Bel is brought back to life.

Quote:Christianity is, nor has ever been considered mythology.

Wrong. Even church elect like Cardinals admitted much is borrowed from other cultures myths including the John Apochryphon admitting the Nazarenes borrowed from Zoroastrianism.
Archeological finds prove the Jesus story is mostly that of mythologies plagiarized.

Which brings us to the name Jesus.
There is no historical guy named Jesus (IeSous) which is not a Hebrew Name.
There are a few figures used to create the image thus given the new name for the newly combined image.
Lastly you did not appologize for fallaciously placing Jesus name in the verses you quoted therefore proving my points. Using your apparitions commentary just made my points tangible for all to see just how the mass psychosis works first hand.

Sources:
Pope Leo X, privy to the truth because of his high rank, made this curious declaration, "What profit has not *that fable of Christ* brought us!"

Cardinal Newman admits in his book that; the "temples, incense, oil lamps, votive offerings, holy water, holidays, and seasons of devotion, processions, blessings of the fields, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure (of priests, monks and nuns), images, and statues... are all of pagan origin." The Development of the Christian Religion Cardinal Newman p.359

The many Christs -
Yeshu son of Mary 100bc
Yehuda ben Tabbai 100bc

The following are the only messianic figures in the time of Lysanias(died 35bc) and King Herod(4bc).
Yehuda (Judas) son of Hezekiah (4 BCE)
Simon of Peraea (4 BCE)
Athronges, the shepherd (4 BCE)
Yehuda (Judas) the Galilean (6 CE)
The only Ad era at that time was
Theudas by the Jordan

source borrowed mythologies:

Baal passion play
"Christianity Before Christ" by John G. Jackson, 1985,
pp. 43-46.
(A) Arthur Findlay's report of the translation by a
Professor H. Zimmern, in German, of an ancient tablet
which Jackson reports (citing Findlay) as Babylonian(but found in Assyria)
dating back to circa 2000 BC(now dayed as 700bc)& now in the British
Museum in which the Babylonian myth of Bel (Baal in
Hebrew) is described in a passion play in which:
(1) Bel is taken prisoner;
(2) Bel is tried in a great hall;
(3) Bel is smitten;
(4) Bel is led away to the Mount (a sacred grove on a
hilltop);
(5) with Bel are taken two malefactors, one of whom is
released;
(6) After Bel has gone to the Mount and is executed,
the city breaks into tumult;
(7) Bel's clothes are carried away;
(8.) Bel goes down into the Mount and disappears from
life;
(9) weeping women seek Bel at the Tomb;
(10) Bel is brought back to life.
You make no real argument against the truth that psychotic disorders are caused by evil spirits.

Last edited:
The Nazarenes thought spirits came out their noses when they sneezed and disabled people were demon possessed.
SO do you go to Doctors or Priests when ill?

I just saw on EWTN just minutes ago a priest eating the waifer and making funny faces doing so.
Jesus is getting stale it seems even in this group neurosis.
I couldn't help but bust out laughing out loud at the priest's face he made, until reading your post made me think this Roman joke is really not so funny in how it programed the masses into this psychosis.

The irony and sad truth is that the evil spirits are psychotic-like. This is why they are able to drive a person psychotic. Christians believe that all those without faith in God's only begotten Son, Jesus Christ will become evil spirits in the afterlife...I agree. The non-believer could themselves become an evil schizophrenic voice driving people psychotic.

Last edited:
Some crystal methamphetamine abusers report seeing "shadow people". What they see is the dead;

Psalm 23:4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

It seems that whatever invisible angelic being responsible for this work had only rudimentary talent at best. One would think that heaven would have produced something a little more refined.

I guess, even in heaven, a really good artist is really hard to find.

It seems that whatever invisible angelic being responsible for this work had only rudimentary talent at best. One would think that heaven would have produced something a little more refined.

All the scientists who have examined it over the years, and their has been many, confirm that it is not of this world and could only be supernatural.

All the scientists who have examined it over the years, and their has been many, confirm that it is not of this world and could only be supernatural.

That could only mean one thing......

The earth has much better artists.

Forum List

Back