A personal note to Climate Change Deniers

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Y'all don't see that extreme weather events of all kinds as evidence that you consistently ignore. Move to CA, OR or WA right now if you don't believe it. I live on the Central Coast Oregon and had to evacuate. When I came back yesterday, my house was still here but only due to an act of God - The weather changed from 60-80 MPH hot east winds to the more normal cool air off the Pacific Ocean. If it had changed one day later, my neighbors and I would have lost our homes and everything in them. The fire would likely have burned all the way down to the beach.

Lincoln County (particularly the coastal section) has never had a fire such as this. It is unprecedented. Let me repeat U-N-P-R-E-C-E-D-E-N-T-E-D. We get 40-50 inches of rain each year which makes us damn near fireproof. No mas, and If you Deniers had live through what I just did ya might feel differently. No phone service, no power, no place to go because the hotels were all shut down and the ones open an hour or two away were full up. I also had little fuel in my truck too sparse to attempt a run south. 101 northbound was closed. And of course, 101 southbound was a parking lot with everyone and their dogs attempting to flee.

So my dog and I camped in a state park on the beach for three days, trying as best we could to stay inside as ashes about the width of a baseball rained down rained ONTO THE FREAKING BEACH. wondering whether my home was still there as I looked up on occasion at the flames. Red Cross brought us hot food and coffee from time to time. They saved our asses to put it mildly as by Wednesday my provisions were about gone. Let me tell you, it was THE scariest thing I've ever experienced. You never want to hear a cop roll down your street with the speaker blaring saying - "This is your Level Three Notification ... LEAVE NOW!!". I was prepared, but nothing really prepares you for that kind of stress. NOTHING.

A state trooper came by Wednesday morning and based on my address, said It'd be safe to return home but that we're still on a Level One notice, so my suitcase is still packed. Made it home on fumes but still was no power Wi-Fi or phone service (land line OR cell) until this morning. Was lucky to find a nearby gas station open early this morning before the power went out AGAIN.

Hey, I'm not looking for anyone to feel sorry for those affected by these sorts of things. Even those who have lost their homes. Life comes at ya sometimes and you deal with it. I'm lucky beyond belief to this point in time. But the frequency and intensity of these weather events, especially the historically unprecedented ones such as we just had here on the coast would be enough to make even the most hardcore Denier think twice.

Donald will probably deny the west coast federal assistance because we didn't rake our forest floors well enough and he hates our governors. Sad

I think Dana7360 lives in my general vicinity. You okay?

If you understood the size & scope of the sun...you would understand that man has nothing to do with the climate changing.

Nobody denies that the climate is changing...it always has & it always will. But how did we warm up out of the ice age with no SUV's driving around?

Y'all don't see that extreme weather events of all kinds as evidence that you consistently ignore. Move to CA, OR or WA right now if you don't believe it. I live on the Central Coast Oregon and had to evacuate. When I came back yesterday, my house was still here but only due to an act of God - The weather changed from 60-80 MPH hot east winds to the more normal cool air off the Pacific Ocean. If it had changed one day later, my neighbors and I would have lost our homes and everything in them. The fire would likely have burned all the way down to the beach.

Lincoln County (particularly the coastal section) has never had a fire such as this. It is unprecedented. Let me repeat U-N-P-R-E-C-E-D-E-N-T-E-D. We get 40-50 inches of rain each year which makes us damn near fireproof. No mas, and If you Deniers had live through what I just did ya might feel differently. No phone service, no power, no place to go because the hotels were all shut down and the ones open an hour or two away were full up. I also had little fuel in my truck too sparse to attempt a run south. 101 northbound was closed. And of course, 101 southbound was a parking lot with everyone and their dogs attempting to flee.

So my dog and I camped in a state park on the beach for three days, trying as best we could to stay inside as ashes about the width of a baseball rained down rained ONTO THE FREAKING BEACH. wondering whether my home was still there as I looked up on occasion at the flames. Red Cross brought us hot food and coffee from time to time. They saved our asses to put it mildly as by Wednesday my provisions were about gone. Let me tell you, it was THE scariest thing I've ever experienced. You never want to hear a cop roll down your street with the speaker blaring saying - "This is your Level Three Notification ... LEAVE NOW!!". I was prepared, but nothing really prepares you for that kind of stress. NOTHING.

A state trooper came by Wednesday morning and based on my address, said It'd be safe to return home but that we're still on a Level One notice, so my suitcase is still packed. Made it home on fumes but still was no power Wi-Fi or phone service (land line OR cell) until this morning. Was lucky to find a nearby gas station open early this morning before the power went out AGAIN.

Hey, I'm not looking for anyone to feel sorry for those affected by these sorts of things. Even those who have lost their homes. Life comes at ya sometimes and you deal with it. I'm lucky beyond belief to this point in time. But the frequency and intensity of these weather events, especially the historically unprecedented ones such as we just had here on the coast would be enough to make even the most hardcore Denier think twice.

Donald will probably deny the west coast federal assistance because we didn't rake our forest floors well enough and he hates our governors. Sad

:cuckoo:

If you understood the size & scope of the sun...you would understand that man has nothing to do with the climate changing.

Nobody denies that the climate is changing...it always has & it always will. But how did we warm up out of the ice age with no SUV's driving around?
Earth is ever evolving and changing and there is a lot of proof of that. Yet there are idiots out there claiming the Sun is going to burn us all up so we need to act right now so give us some money and the ability to tax you into oblivion.

How long have you been alive?....do you think history began the day you were born?...the earth is a big giant ball with a flaming molten center and a sun so hot that even though we are 93 million miles away the sun can still scorch crops......take an hour or so when you have time and look up the history of global extreme weather events...and lose the instinct that tells you anytime something goes wrong its mans fault....that's too easy...that's what non thinkers do...take the easy path.....

1. there is no god
2. that's not proof at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = you are babbling
you think THAT'S proof???!!!
Dr Love wrote it, so it must be true
1599861038431.png

tenor.gif

You think these wildfires are cause by man made Globell Warming?

They are caused by man made arsonist and man made Dumb ASS Leftist policies.

Leftist .....

Go Figure !!!!

Well first of all antifa is starting those fires
2nd Oregon isn't under water like you've been predicting for a hundred years.
And third. You seam to be feeding your fat ass every day so the climate isn't denying you anything.

y'all = WTF is that?

I hope California burns to the ground

deniersssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss denierssssssssss zomg!!! why do you deny climate change?!!
I don't deny that the fact that the climate is changing for the simple fact that it has been in a constant state of flux since the earth was the earth. Its what causes it and you morons running around screaming about the sky is falling that others and myself find so outrageous and the idiotic ravings and bullshit of an ignorant bunch of fools like yourself.

Let me show you again the comparison of Californication which uses 30% green energy and Texas which still drills for oil and turns it into petroleum products.
These pictures are NE of Fresno(for those progs) that city is between LA and SF.
Fire fighting helicopter...........about 3000 ft .........................30,000ft with Mtn in back.......otherside of Mtn 30,000ft
20200909_092947.jpg 20200909_114022.jpg 20200909_114457.jpg 20200909_122315.jpg

Now as we were over Texas starting to get close to Dallas.
30,000ft with some rain........5,000ft trees grass
20200909_151519.jpg 20200909_151708.jpg

So a state that is burning but very solar and wind powered.
Other state drilling for oil, rich with resources to take care of their state.

The insanity of the left knows no bounds, and why over and over, prog policies end up destroying what ever they touch....

At least you don't have "globull warming" fueled by buffalo farts!!!

History is full of big fires

"Investigating the ... arid lands, I passed through South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Washington, Oregon, and Idaho by train. Among the valleys, with mountains on every side, during all that trip a mountain was never seen. This was because the fires in the mountains created such a smoke that the whole country was enveloped by it ... "

This squinty-eyed report came from Major John Wesley Powell back in 1889. The fires that year were so widespread and fierce, they greatly impressed Powell, who had already faced the rigors of Civil War combat and Grand Canyon rapids. But pioneer-era fires like those Powell saw are seldom mentioned today amid all the sensational stories about the recent wildfires, which are said to be unnaturally large. That’s probably because they put the lie to the "unnaturally" part.

"Fire in an ordinary year passes over the ground and burns the leaves and cones, etc., only," Powell, the director of the U.S. Geological Survey at that time, reported to Congress. "But there come critical years ... of great drought ... and the fire starts and sweeps everything away."

The 1889 fires burned even more land than the famous 3-million-acre Big Blowup of 1910. Other huge fire years in the Northern Rockies and Northwest include 1869, 1846, 1823, 1802, 1784, 1778 and 1756, says a leading fire ecologist, Steve Arno. In the Central Rockies and Southwest, huge fire years include 1879, 1851, 1847, 1785, and 1748.

In fact, fire ecologists say that far more land burned each year during the 1800s and earlier, than in recent years. In the preindustrial era, from 1500 to 1800, an average of 145 million acres burned every year nationwide — about 10 times more than the nation’s recent annual burns. In the West, Arno estimates that 18 to 25 million acres burned each year, as recently as the 1800s. Lightning strikes ignited some fires, while others were started by accident. Indians and settlers set many fires deliberately, to drive game, make room for their homes, stimulate their crops, or fight enemy tribes. Many of the burns were in grass or sagebrush.

Forum List

Back