A&E just caved. No more Phil suspension.

The family regrets his "coarse language" and that he promised to be a good boy.

A&E is going to continue making good money and Phil is going to be a nice boy.

A win win situation. :lol:

Notice how they said "coarse language" not "comments on homosexuality." So, what are we left with now?

Embarrassed A&E. Frustrated GLAAD. Richer Robertsons. Spinning Jake.

I have to spread some rep, that cracked me up:lol:

Phil, its not like he said Homosexual men should not be able to adopt 11 year old boys and teach them values. Maybe that would be hate speech, but preaching what the Bible teaches, which is to hate the sin, to hate and repent from homosexuality, while having love for the sinner is not hateful or derogatory at all.

Big difference.

The Liberals are attacking free speech, we must whisper or not even say what we think or suffer the juggernaut of the power they can bring down on an individual. Using the Media and Lies to smear one man who exercises free speech.

Being as Phil said that he wasn't hating on gays to start with, I don't see a cave on his part... simply A&E telling GLAAD that they needed to get over themselves, that A&E would run gay friendly PSAs during DD's shows.

Yea, because comparing gays to murderers and humandogfucking is merely and example of "tuff love".

Bestiality is currently in the top 1% of lookups and is the 6th most popular word on Merriam-Webster.com. (gee, I wonder why?)

bes·ti·al·i·ty noun \ˌbes-chē-ˈa-lə-tē, ˌbesh-, ˌbēs-, ˌbēsh-\

sex between a person and an animal (like a dog)

sexual relations between a human being and a lower animal (like a dog)

Bestiality - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Just keep on lying about what he said. Be the typical lefty.

So you are saying he didn't compare gays to murderers and humandogfucking? And he didn't say blacks were happy working in the fields, singing and picking cotton? OK, then what was the uproar all about?

As much as I hate to say this though, this looks like one big giant ratings ploy by the network. I think everyone got played.

I don't give A&E that much credit I think they greatly underestimated the public's reaction to the suspension then had to scramble to keep from losing their highest rated show.

That they did. What they didn't bet on was the influx of new viewership. While the suspension backfired, I bet they never thought in a million years it would attract more viewers to the show. They did indeed underestimate and mislabel the beliefs of their viewers. In a way, I think they got more attention than they wanted.

However, I'm not willing to sit here and believe that this was one bone headed, knee jerk reaction to what Phil Robertson said.

Just to reiterate-Phil's free speech was never attacked. He has a right to say what he did, he has a right to believe what he does, those that spoke out against it had a right to speak out against it, A&E had a right to fire him and A&E has a right to take him back.

It really is this simple.

As much as I hate to say this though, this looks like one big giant ratings ploy by the network. I think everyone got played.

I don't give A&E that much credit I think they greatly underestimated the public's reaction to the suspension then had to scramble to keep from losing their highest rated show.

That they did. What they didn't bet on was the influx of new viewership. While the suspension backfired, I bet they never thought in a million years it would attract more viewers to the show. They did indeed underestimate and mislabel the beliefs of their viewers. In a way, I think they got more attention than they wanted.

However, I'm not willing to sit here and believe that this was one bone headed, knee jerk reaction to what Phil Robertson said.

When you were in grade school, did you circle all the answers on the multiple choice tests?

This is bad news for the Teletubbies. Now, they will regain all the attention of the Right who want it off the air for promoting homosexuality with Twinky Winky....

LOL! Yeah, that's why they said they couldn't see going on with the show without Phil. :cuckoo:

Posturing. It is obvious that Phil has been put on notice by the show and the family.

He will obey. His type always do, when faced down.

Yup....it sure is obvious he lost round 1. :lol:

Yup, and now A&E and Phil and the family are all going to make some more money.

Phil knows on what side the bread is buttered.

Forum List

Back