A&E just caved. No more Phil suspension.

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Just announced on breaking news. A&E totally capitulates. Incidentally poking a stick at Jesse Jackson's 72 hour threat.

I knew they would try to find a graceful way out. Instead the network gave up the graceful part and grabbed at any out they could.

Chalk one up for capitalism. The thing is, the network already permanently damaged their rep.

BTW, I don't watch DUCK or any 'reality' crap. I refuse to support garbage programming that's contrived and sold as real. Fucking brainless crap for idiots with lame lives.

Just announced on breaking news. A&E totally capitulates. Incidentally poking a stick at Jesse Jackson's 72 hour threat.

I knew they would try to find a graceful way out. Instead the network gave up the graceful part and grabbed at any out they could.

You fail to tell it all: they worked a deal of which part is that Phil be nice when he talks.

lol, Yea! for Free speech won out again

A&E and Glaad LOST

I don't watch reality shows anymore either...Did survivor when it first came out like a 100 years ago it seems...lost interest..

Who cares? I just like the FACT the right wingers say their ability to compare gays to murderers and humandogfucking is an expression of their religious beliefs.

You fail to tell it all: they worked a deal of which part is that Phil be nice when he talks.

I read the article and I don't see where he agreed to anything. Unless you have another link, I call bull shit.

Last edited:

O read the article and I don't see where he agreed to anything. Unless you have another link, I call bull shit.

"While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.”

'Duck Dynasty' to resume filming with Phil Robertson, A&E announces | Fox News

Chalk one up for capitalism. The thing is, the network already permanently damaged their rep.

BTW, I don't watch DUCK or any 'reality' crap. I refuse to support garbage programming that's contrived and sold as real. Fucking brainless crap for idiots with lame lives.

That's quite a condemnation of a large and varied audience that seeks nothing more than entertainment from the show....generally from the humor of it and the personalities involved.

I suppose you value the fictional drama and acting out of totally fictional "real life situations" in unrealistic fashion of such shit as Harry Potter movies, The Walking Dead, Spider Man and other such "high class" shows.

The reason that Duck Dynasty has such a large following is that A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE IT. The fact that you don't like it is rather meaningless...yet is evidence of your poor judgement regarding popular TV.

As a global media content company, A+E Networks' core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people’s home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principals.

That is why we reacted so quickly and strongly to a recent interview with Phil Robertson. While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.” We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold.

But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A+E Networks also feel strongly about.

So after discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filming Duck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family.

We will also use this moment to launch a national public service campaign (PSA) promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people, a message that supports our core values as a company, and the values found in Duck Dynasty. These PSAs will air across our entire portfolio.

Being as Phil said that he wasn't hating on gays to start with, I don't see a cave on his part... simply A&E telling GLAAD that they needed to get over themselves, that A&E would run gay friendly PSAs during DD's shows.

Forum List

Back