A&E just caved. No more Phil suspension.

Welcome back Phil.
th

Just announced on breaking news. A&E totally capitulates. Incidentally poking a stick at Jesse Jackson's 72 hour threat.

I knew they would try to find a graceful way out. Instead the network gave up the graceful part and grabbed at any out they could.

:clap2: I wonder how the Robertson's are feeling about it all, now....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRlGFXl_e1E]Queen - We Are The Champions - YouTube[/ame]

Just announced on breaking news. A&E totally capitulates. Incidentally poking a stick at Jesse Jackson's 72 hour threat.

I knew they would try to find a graceful way out. Instead the network gave up the graceful part and grabbed at any out they could.

money is more important. End of story

This was GLAAD's original statement.

"Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors, who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families," GLAAD said in a statement.....

Apparently, A&E did reexamine their ties to Phil and have decided to TIE THE KNOT A BIT TIGHTER. :lol:

so what? you expected anything less from a gay rights group?

redundant point is redundant.

:clap2: I wonder how the Robertson's are feeling about it all, now....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRlGFXl_e1E]Queen - We Are The Champions - YouTube[/ame]

and if this is more for a left vs right thing then you are part of the problem.

I'm sure A&E's laughing all the way to the bank...

Board Meeting, Nov 11th, 2013: "Now what else can we do to manipulate this inbred redneck and make us some more money?"

A&E does the booty dance after grinding Phil.

Last edited by a moderator:
A&E fucked up. So did GLAAD. Truth hurts. They got a dose of it. And they didn't count on the outcry that happened. SOOPRISE!!!

Phil buckled.

"While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.”
'Duck Dynasty' to resume filming with Phil Robertson, A&E announces | Fox News

Chalk one up for capitalism. The thing is, the network already permanently damaged their rep.

BTW, I don't watch DUCK or any 'reality' crap. I refuse to support garbage programming that's contrived and sold as real. Fucking brainless crap for idiots with lame lives.

Watch it, PW. It is funny, uplifting, and downright entertaining. Just one epi.:smiliehug:

Did you ever watch Deadliest Catch where they filmed the crew fishing in the Berring Sea? That was a good show...until Cpt Phil died.
Anyway....do try it. At least once.

Deadliest Catch was a great show. Loved it. I have no interest in Duck Dynasty. I am not the least bit surprised they are bringing him back. I really don't know why they let him go so fast anyway. The core audience are fine with his comments and I doubt the ones that are offended are gonna watch anyway. However, this will probably be pure ratings gold for this show when it comes back.

Phil buckled.

"While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.”

:lol:

You're a trip, Jake.

Phil buckled.

You're a trip, Jake.

The family regrets his "coarse language" and that he promised to be a good boy.

A&E is going to continue making good money and Phil is going to be a nice boy.

A win win situation. :lol:

This was a money thing from the start. No surprise here. Probably a planned publicity stunt. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. For reality shows in general, there's no such thing as bad publicity. ;)

Phil buckled.

You're a trip, Jake.

The family regrets his "coarse language" and that he promised to be a good boy.

A&E is going to continue making good money and Phil is going to be a nice boy.

A win win situation. :lol:

Notice how they said "coarse language" not "comments on homosexuality." So, what are we left with now?

They need to publically apologize to Phil Robertson, and provide compensation.

Forum List

Back