A&E just caved. No more Phil suspension.

You fail to tell it all: they worked a deal of which part is that Phil be nice when he talks.

O read the article and I don't see where he agreed to anything. Unless you have another link, I call bull shit.

"While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.”

'Duck Dynasty' to resume filming with Phil Robertson, A&E announces | Fox News

Why did Katzy FAIL to mention that little tid bit? :eusa_think: :rolleyes:

A&E statement:

As a global media content company, A+E Networks' core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people’s home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principals.

That is why we reacted so quickly and strongly to a recent interview with Phil Robertson. While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.” We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold.

But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A+E Networks also feel strongly about.

So after discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filming Duck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family.

We will also use this moment to launch a national public service campaign (PSA) promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people, a message that supports our core values as a company, and the values found in Duck Dynasty. These PSAs will air across our entire portfolio.

A&E Welcomes Phil Robertson Back to 'Duck Dynasty'

Last edited:
O read the article and I don't see where he agreed to anything. Unless you have another link, I call bull shit.

"While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.”

Where's the part where it told him to stop? Lovely nitpicking there, idiot.

"We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold."

Had they said this and only this, we wouldn't even be talking about this right now because none of this would have ever happened. They knee jerked in fear of GLAAD, then discovered that the bungholers at GLAAD don't contribute to their paycheck like the sponsors and supporters of DD do, so they flipped flopped finally, but only after they felt the pressure from the right.

You got to know that right now GLAAD has crapped themselves.

Because that little bit doesn't exist, or exists only in the loony left wing mind.

Nothing in what you quoted says anything about any deal between A&E and Mr.Robertson. The fact that so many "mis-interpreted his core beliefs based only on the article" is not only NOT an admission of anything, it is the fault of his accusers. Sorry pal, you are reading into it what isn't there.

Yup, it's there, and the OP is fail. His family obviously believe his language faux pas is a family disgrace and they won't tolerate it.

Glad they worked it out, hope he apologizes.
But this all I have to say.
3edasare.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The network added that “Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family, a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A&E Networks also feel strongly about.

Um hm. Ok. Sure. Alrighty then. *cackling*

Just announced on breaking news. A&E totally capitulates. Incidentally poking a stick at Jesse Jackson's 72 hour threat.

I knew they would try to find a graceful way out. Instead the network gave up the graceful part and grabbed at any out they could.

:clap2: I wonder how the Robertson's are feeling about it all, now....

Chalk one up for capitalism. The thing is, the network already permanently damaged their rep.

BTW, I don't watch DUCK or any 'reality' crap. I refuse to support garbage programming that's contrived and sold as real. Fucking brainless crap for idiots with lame lives.

Watch it, PW. It is funny, uplifting, and downright entertaining. Just one epi.:smiliehug:

Did you ever watch Deadliest Catch where they filmed the crew fishing in the Berring Sea? That was a good show...until Cpt Phil died.
Anyway....do try it. At least once.

Last edited:
This was GLAAD's original statement.

"Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors, who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families," GLAAD said in a statement.....

Apparently, A&E did reexamine their ties to Phil and have decided to TIE THE KNOT A BIT TIGHTER. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back