A&E just caved. No more Phil suspension.

"While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.”

'Duck Dynasty' to resume filming with Phil Robertson, A&E announces | Fox News

Nothing in what you quoted says anything about any deal between A&E and Mr.Robertson. The fact that so many "mis-interpreted his core beliefs based only on the article" is not only NOT an admission of anything, it is the fault of his accusers. Sorry pal, you are reading into it what isn't there.

Yup, it's there, and the OP is fail. His family obviously believe his language faux pas is a family disgrace and they won't tolerate it.

:cuckoo:

Whatever dumbass.

Awesome.

George Zimmerman, the NRA, obamacare, and now Mr.Robertson. The libs have taken a beating this year!

You have yourself a great list of heroes. Lets see....

Zimmerman, LaPierre, Cruz and Phil!

I think we need a new Mt. Rushmore. We'll call it Mt. Douchebag.

The butthurt is strong with this one!

I'm sure A&E's laughing all the way to the bank...

Board Meeting, Nov 11th, 2013: "Now what else can we do to manipulate this inbred redneck and make us some more money?"

No one denies that it was money that convinced them to keep Phil, but Phil got to keep his opinions and his show AND the money he makes from it.

Plus, and this is the best thing of all, the lefties here and elsewhere are pissing their panties over it. That's the best thing of all!

Phil buckled.

"While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.”

Still can't comprehend what you read can you? What's the matter? Got butthurt in your eyes?

First we had what A&E believed and that was wrong. Now liberals are telling us what the family believes.

:lol:
You're a trip, Jake.

The family regrets his "coarse language" and that he promised to be a good boy.

A&E is going to continue making good money and Phil is going to be a nice boy.

A win win situation. :lol:

Notice how they said "coarse language" not "comments on homosexuality." So, what are we left with now?

Jake cannot bear to see the truth: he and his ilk lost. Now he's fantasizing a win for his side. Pathetic, but no surprise.

As much as I hate to say this though, this looks like one big giant ratings ploy by the network. I think everyone got played.

I don't give A&E that much credit I think they greatly underestimated the public's reaction to the suspension then had to scramble to keep from losing their highest rated show.

This is way more likely.

I'm sure A&E's laughing all the way to the bank...

Board Meeting, Nov 11th, 2013: "Now what else can we do to manipulate this inbred redneck and make us some more money?"

Yea, because comparing gays to murderers and humandogfucking is merely and example of "tuff love".

Bestiality is currently in the top 1% of lookups and is the 6th most popular word on Merriam-Webster.com. (gee, I wonder why?)

bes·ti·al·i·ty noun \ˌbes-chē-ˈa-lə-tē, ˌbesh-, ˌbēs-, ˌbēsh-\

sex between a person and an animal (like a dog)

sexual relations between a human being and a lower animal (like a dog)

Bestiality - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Just keep on lying about what he said. Be the typical lefty.

So you are saying he didn't compare gays to murderers and humandogfucking? And he didn't say blacks were happy working in the fields, singing and picking cotton? OK, then what was the uproar all about?

Somehow, some of us knew you would display your incompetence again. Get this:

To the family of crayons, black, white, red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, flesh, violet and pink all belong.

That does not make them similar in ANY OTHER WAY!

To the list sins (according to many), homosexuality, bestiality, lying, cheating, stealing, murder, etc. ALL BELONG! That does NOT make them similar, nor does it imply equality in any other way EXCEPT THAT THEY ALL BELONG ON THE LIST!

You are a fool that does not recognize the difference between being on a list and being favorably compared. There is much contrast between black and white on the list of crayons.

Go back to school!

JESUS!

I'm neither surprised nor upset by this. A&E, once again, made a business decision. As is their right to do.

O read the article and I don't see where he agreed to anything. Unless you have another link, I call bull shit.

Why did Katzy FAIL to mention that little tid bit? :eusa_think: :rolleyes:

because it's not an agreement. It's what Phil has always done. He doesn't incite or encourage hate. You guys did in response to what he said.

You seem to be under this false pretense that calling sin sin is hate. Or that you can't disagree with sin without hating someone. You dont have to love everything someone does to love them. And you don't hate someone just because you don't like what they did.

Why can't you people be honest about this?

Just to reiterate-Phil's free speech was never attacked. He has a right to say what he did, he has a right to believe what he does, those that spoke out against it had a right to speak out against it, A&E had a right to fire him and A&E has a right to take him back.

It really is this simple.

Just to reiterate: Anyone can attack free speech. You can attack free speech. I can attack the free speech of anyone. It's different than the government doing it. GLAAD and A&E were attacking Phil's free speech. What didn't happen was a violation of the 1st Amendment.

As much as I hate to say this though, this looks like one big giant ratings ploy by the network. I think everyone got played.

That could be possible of course, but that's quite the huge risk, and I doubt that Mr.Robertson was in on it.

The family thought it was a set up to make them stop the prayers, mentioning Jesus and put the guns away. I think so too. The network thought that gays have more supportg than they really have. GLAAD kept saying that the majority supports the normalization of homosexuality. Not only was that not true but even homosexuals did not want Phil silenced.

Awesome.

George Zimmerman, the NRA, obamacare, and now Mr.Robertson. The libs have taken a beating this year!

You have yourself a great list of heroes. Lets see....

Zimmerman, LaPierre, Cruz and Phil!

I think we need a new Mt. Rushmore. We'll call it Mt. Douchebag.

That's all you got?

Seriously?

Not even worth the effort.

Forum List

Back