A divided USA

All of January...it was in the high 70's. Half of February, it was in the 80's. The past few days it has been like winter....middle 50's sometimes getting up to 65. This is NOT NORMAL for California. And in my neck of the woods which is cental calif coast. Feb is our rainy month. June is our June Gloom Foggy month.

This sucks.

Daffodils blooming here in Portland, Oregon. Leaves already greening on some trees. It has been a very warm winter here.

The normal people are just dispassionately looking at the unusual behavior of the jet stream. Doing science, that is. Deniers hate that.

Meanwhile, looking at today's global average ...

Climate Reanalyzer

Global temp anomaly +0.60C. Colder-than-normal spots over the eastern USA, Greenland and Murmansk. Otherwise, it's a warm world.

Honestly, aren't there more pressing issues facing our country at the moment?

Feeling pressured to mow the lawn in Feb. IS a pressing issue.:laugh:
Sunglasses usually aren't needed here until early July. lol
"Aren't usually" being the operative. How old are you anyway? 19?

Sorry, Im not a perfect poster.
I take some subjects on here seriously, others I don't. Weather is only serious when it causes harm to people.
I thought this was funny because I was feeling extra motivated this week & did some spring cleaning.

Now, little bobby-billy, you are telling those tall tales again.

Please post the scientific study showing what the rise of 120ppm has done over the last 120 years to our atmosphere and how you attribute all areas of warming... Man induces, natural variation, PDO, ENSO, ADO, Solar variance, axial tilt and precision of the earth, albedo, etc..... I'll wait..
Nah, you would not understand.

Says the moron without proof of any kind....

Sorry, Im not a perfect poster.
I take some subjects on here seriously, others I don't. Weather is only serious when it causes harm to people.
I thought this was funny because I was feeling extra motivated this week & did some spring cleaning.

Wow the number of libs who cant discern weather from climate thinks that just one area of the earth determines that were all gonna burn.. (IF this is the case Antarctica says were all gonna be a Popsicle soon)

Hello....!!! The PDO has gone cold and this is a normal pattern given that ocean circulation change.. Drought and winter warm temps along the coast...:bang3::bang3:

When polled, invariably, global warming/climate change is at the bottom of the list...........Gallup...........Rasmussen..........Pew. Posted it up many times. And we're talking like 21 out of 22 concerns in all of the polls.

Too tired to post them up.........only by request.:2up:

By the way Ray....did a bit of research and turns out, the NAS has very few PHd's in climate change related science........of the 23 that are presenting literature........their most recent position paper......only 5 PHd's!!! What a joke.:spinner:

By contrast, the American Meterorological Society is much more highly educated.........and are climate change skeptics!!!

A bit shocked about that...........:ack-1:

In fact, you might say.............weak.......... Shock Poll Meteorologists Are Global Warming Skeptics - Forbes

By the way Ray....did a bit of research and turns out, the NAS has very few PHd's in climate change related science........of the 23 that are presenting literature........their most recent position paper......only 5 PHd's!!! What a joke.:spinner:

By contrast, the American Meterorological Society is much more highly educated.........and are climate change skeptics!!!

A bit shocked about that...........:ack-1:

In fact, you might say.............weak.......... Shock Poll Meteorologists Are Global Warming Skeptics - Forbes

THIS HAS GOT TO HURT!!!

"In contrast to the AMS survey, where all respondents are AMS meteorologists, a majority have Ph.D.s and fully 80% have a Ph.D. or Masters Degree, position statements by organizational bureaucracies carry little scientific weight. For example, a position statement recently published by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) and frequently cited as the “definitive” indication of scientific consensus on global warming was authored by a mere 23 persons. Of those 23 persons, only five had Ph.D.s in a field closely related to climate science, an equal number (5) were staffers for environmental activist groups, two were politicians, one was the EPA general counsel under the Clinton administration and 19 of the 23 had already spoken out on behalf of global warming alarmism prior to being chosen for the panel. Clearly the scientific weight of the NAS statement pales in comparison to the AMS meteorologist survey."

NAS has no credibility.. NONE! That has got to hurt...

Now, little bobby-billy, you are telling those tall tales again.

Please post the scientific study showing what the rise of 120ppm has done over the last 120 years to our atmosphere and how you attribute all areas of warming... Man induces, natural variation, PDO, ENSO, ADO, Solar variance, axial tilt and precision of the earth, albedo, etc..... I'll wait..
Nah, you would not understand.

Says the moron without proof of any kind....
I don't have to, but it is your claim, so it's on you.

Almost no one who is educated is climate change skeptical.

The only question is can man intervene significantly.

The National Academy of Science does a lot more than just look at climate science. They publish papers on a wide variety of subjects.

February 17, 2015

cover.gif

From the cover:
See PNAS in the News »Read the current issue »

Ah, the AMS survey. But you quote not the survey, but a Forbes article concerning the survey. Why don't you go to the original survey? Could it be it does not state what the author in Forbes states it does?

I find that when I read an article like that, no matter whose side it is taking, go to the source. And here is the source;

http://www.ametsoc.org/boardpges/cw...02-AMS-Member-Survey-Preliminary-Findings.pdf
So, what did the paper state?

Is global warming happening?

89% yes

Is it caused by human activity?

59% yes, 11% combination of human and nature, 23% believed not enough informatin to determine the degree of human or natural causation.

Will it be harmful?

38% very harmful
38% somewhat harmful
12% harms and benefits about equal
2.4 % beneficial

Are you worried about the affects of climate change?

30% very worried
42% somewhat worried
28% not worried

Should the AMS take a role in educating the public and policy makers on this issue?

Yes, public, 82%
Yes, policy makers 85%

The link takes you to the original article. Read it for yourself. Looks to me like the author of the article in Forbes took considerable liberties with the truth concerning what this article stated.

The normal people are just dispassionately looking at the unusual behavior of the jet stream. Doing science, that is. Deniers hate that.

Climate Reanalyzer

Global temp anomaly +0.60C. Colder-than-normal spots over the eastern USA, Greenland and Murmansk. Otherwise, it's a warm world.

Unusual behavior of the jet stream?

What's usual?

Climate Reanalyzer

Unusual behavior of the jet stream?

What's usual?
Ever hear of researching a subject?

Forum List

Back