A divided USA

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.

The U.S. is having its sixth-warmest winter on record, according to data from the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), which has records back to 1895.

For the first two weeks of February, while chilly weather enveloped the northeastern U.S. and record snow buried New England, practically the entire western half of the nation was seeing phenomenal, record warmth.

How warm? So far this month, there have been 4,074 records set for warm temperatures —- mostly in the West — and only 236 records for cold temperatures, the NCDC reported.

Records for warm temperatures have been set in Seattle, San Jose, Las Vegas, Reno, Salt Lake City and Butte, Mont.

In Salt Lake City, the average temperature in February is a whopping 16.4 degrees above average, AccuWeather said. Other warm spots include Boise (12.2 degrees above average) and Phoenix (8 degrees above average).

The lack of cold and snow is exacerbating California's severe drought. California's snowpack (snow water equivalent) is currently only 27% of normal, according to the California Department of Water Resources.

Ski areas across the West have struggled to stay open this winter because of the lack of snow. "We are temporarily closed until the next storm comes in," the Mount Shasta Ski Area in California said on its website.

Nationally it s been one of the warmest winters on record

Wider and wilder swings with an overall warming. Still happening.

Posts this when the jet stream shift is now occurring moving the water and the weather west.... Normal, cyclical weather patterns on earth... Now being used by the chicken little crowd..

You are aware the PDO has shifted to cold and drought in the west is NORMAL when the PDO is cool, dont you?

Posts this when the jet stream shift is now occurring moving the water and the weather west.... Normal, cyclical weather patterns on earth... Now being used by the chicken little crowd..

You are aware the PDO has shifted to cold and drought in the west is NORMAL when the PDO is cool, dont you?
I dunno. I'm just tired of trying to keep up with both sides of the AGW argument. They are both convincing, but only one is alarming. And the one that is alarming is the one that immediately threatens the economic health and well-being of this nation and this planet. Our jobs, our incomes, our national security, our very standard of living.

I dunno. I'm just tired of trying to keep up with both sides of the AGW argument. They are both convincing, but only one is alarming. And the one that is alarming is the one that immediately threatens the economic health and well-being of this nation and this planet. Our jobs, our incomes, our national security, our very standard of living.

which is more destructive to our way of life?

2 deg C of cooling or 2 deg C of warming?

Or is it those who use this cyclical change as a way to deprive you of your property and rights?

which is more destructive to our way of life?

2 deg C of cooling or 2 deg C of warming?

Or is it those who use this cyclical change as a way to deprive you of your property and rights?
The most immediate threat to this world is the expenditure of tens of trillions of dollars at the expense of hundreds of millions of jobs and the vanquishing of entire industries in the hope that a long-term solution might be met with respect to a relatively short-term phenomenon.

The most immediate threat to this world is the expenditure of tens of trillions of dollars at the expense of hundreds of millions of jobs and the vanquishing of entire industries in the hope that a long-term solution might be met with respect to a relatively short-term phenomenon.

BINGO!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Hey- If I wan't platitudes, I'll ask for them. :slap:

BTW, is your real name William Robert. :dunno:

Nope.. Just a Hick with several degrees who likes to slap libs around and expose their stupid policies and power grabs...

Nope.. Just a Hick with several degrees who likes to slap libs around and expose their stupid policies and power grabs...
Now, little bobby-billy, you are telling those tall tales again.

Well I've only been to college once but I do like to slap ribs around and expose their flesh to flame and sauce. :beer:

Did you star in that TV show JakeStarkey and Hutch? :dunno:

Please post the scientific study showing what the rise of 120ppm has done over the last 120 years to our atmosphere and how you attribute all areas of warming... Man induces, natural variation, PDO, ENSO, ADO, Solar variance, axial tilt and precision of the earth, albedo, etc..... I'll wait..

Nah, you are thinking of Clutch and Billy Bob.

Please post the scientific study showing what the rise of 120ppm has done over the last 120 years to our atmosphere and how you attribute all areas of warming... Man induces, natural variation, PDO, ENSO, ADO, Solar variance, axial tilt and precision of the earth, albedo, etc..... I'll wait..
Nah, you would not understand.

Nah, you are thinking of Clutch and Billy Bob.
Oh yeah- you were Paddlefoot-in-mouth.

Forum List

Back