$1,000 per individual -- $500 per child -- $75K income limit for individuals, $150K for married

and we are likely to go on curfews and lockdowns

that should be enough cash as a stimulus to keep everyone afloat; but damn; we are mortgaging our future

do we cancel our debt with China as retaliation???

well that 'stimulus' seems a bit moot, considering if we are lockedown & quarantined, we can't get out & spend it to help move the economy along..
I agree, but there are families that work has been shut down for them, so it can help them pay some bills.

I do actually hate to see any major sort of stimulus pkg. at this point, though. It hasn’t even been 30 days.
People are already being laid off by the millions. We are in a recession.

Just because you are doing fine does not mean other people are. Many millions of people live paycheck to paycheck. 30 days is two paychecks lost. That's rent, food, utilities going unpaid.
I don't think any family making under 150K will be untouched. I do think that not everyone is going to go out and spend spend spend. Ironically the gop complained about Obama's porkulus just letting cities spend money and hire contractors for anything because a lot was just wasted. And it was. But it got cash into the economy that went to buying … stuff. Imo, arguably this situation actually calls for that even more than Porkulus.

You want China punished for blowing off the virus in the beginning
no

I want China punished for predatory trade practices and copyright violations

I want MADE IN U S.A. to become a thing again
You posted a link earlier calling for China to be punished for blowing off the virus in the beginning. We're in a topic connected to the virus. You aren't fooling anyone.

We're not going to do anything with China for the time being, we have a more severe crisis to get through first.

Of course. Though, simultaneous action is possible.

But when this crisis ends, and they went through with their threats, we should economically retaliate against them for every American life lost because of it.

I agree, we need to be focused. For now.

Sure, bud. Stay safe.

Also, you are oblivious to the context of what I was saying, dumbass. The government checks are to help get through the next couple months.

Curious, would you rather they go on forever? Even I can't agree with that.

When did you become such a doomsayer?

And who are you calling a dumbass, jackass?

I'm still burned at the comment that people on unemployment are lazy.

To collect unemployment, you have to have had a job. And you have to lose that job through no fault of your own.

Your reward for your work is to collect on your unemployment insurance at a FRACTION of what you were being paid.

And then some motherfucking fucker fucktard comes along and calls you lazy!

Also, you are oblivious to the context of what I was saying, dumbass. The government checks are to help get through the next couple months.

Curious, would rather they go on forever? Even I can't agree with that?

When did you become such a doomsayer?

And who are you calling a dumbass, jackass?
Relating FACTS is not doomsaying, retard. People ARE losing their jobs because of this crisis. Right NOW. That's not doomsaying, that's actually happening.

Idiot.

And then some motherfucking fucker fucktard comes along and calls you lazy!

Yeah, imagine having 2 jobs and then being called a basement dweller by someone on this web site. I'm so shook up man.

Not.
I have provided help to hundreds of people in my community through two charities I created. Hearing some fucktard call these people lazy is about as ignorant and stupid as it gets.

These dumb fucks watch their propagandist fake news channels which feed their confirmation biases by showing them stories of outliers who cheat the system, and then imply everyone receiving aid is lazy.

These people are sick in the head. They have no idea.

Relating FACTS is not doomsaying, retard. People ARE losing their jobs because of this crisis.

No they aren't. Not yet anyway. Like I told you earlier, it would be unfair for a company to terminate someone's employment purely off of a pandemic. You are missing the forest for the trees. Employees have rights. Imagine all of the class action lawsuits that would result if these companies just terminated their employees because of COVID-19.

Stop being a doomsayer g5. No really. I am begging you.

Relating FACTS is not doomsaying, retard. People ARE losing their jobs because of this crisis.

No they aren't. Not yet anyway.
I'm sorry you are being kept so ignorant by your propaganists.

Filings For Unemployment Benefits Rise As Coronavirus Hits Job Market

Coronavirus crisis sparks 2,500% increase in Ohio unemployment claims this week

Coronavirus layoffs surge across America, overwhelming unemployment offices

This is exactly why I call you tards willfully blind. You are walking around in a totally delusional condition.

How is it possible a tard is walking around completely oblivious to the spike in job losses!?!?

Holy SHIT!

Employees have rights. Imagine all of the class action lawsuits that would result if these companies just terminated their employees because of COVID-19..

The majority of the states are "at will" states, thus you can be fired for any reason as long as it does not violate anti-discrimination laws.

This is exactly why I call you tards willfully blind. You are walking around in a totally delusional condition.

Curious, are any of these people being fired from their jobs? No? They are technically being furloughed. They have no recourse to make up for the lost wages than to file for unemployment. I have seen no news ANYWHERE that says these people are losing their jobs permanently.

(You can correct me if I'm wrong, though I am fairly confident in my observation.)

Employees have rights. Imagine all of the class action lawsuits that would result if these companies just terminated their employees because of COVID-19..

The majority of the states are "at will" states, thus you can be fired for any reason as long as it does not violate anti-discrimination laws.

But firing these people simply due to a virus is not fair, is it?

Curious, are any of these people being fired from their jobs? No? They are technically being furloughed. They have no recourse to make up for the lost wages than to file for unemployment. I have seen no news ANYWHERE that says these people are losing their jobs permanently.

(You can correct me if I'm wrong, though I am fairly confident in my observation.)
Oh, wow. Moving the goalposts now rather than admit you seriously fucked up. :lol:

Nice try, tard. Didn't work.

Oh, wow. Moving the goalposts now rather than admit you seriously fucked up. :lol:

Nice try, tard. Didn't work.

Nah. I have often seen that those who fuck up accuse others of moving the goalposts. But anyway.

Why do you insist on namecalling? I'm trying to engage you civilly.

But firing these people simply due to a virus is not fair, is it?

Life is not fair.

Forum List

Back