$1,000 per individual -- $500 per child -- $75K income limit for individuals, $150K for married

Employees have rights. Imagine all of the class action lawsuits that would result if these companies just terminated their employees because of COVID-19..

The majority of the states are "at will" states, thus you can be fired for any reason as long as it does not violate anti-discrimination laws.

But firing these people simply due to a virus is not fair, is it?

Life is not fair.

Never said it was. I can attest to it.

But I ask you, ANY of you, to show me where these people are losing their jobs permanently because of this crisis.

I'll wait.

Never said it was. I can attest to it.

But I ask you, ANY of you, to show me where these people are losing their jobs permanently because of this crisis.

I'll wait.

How could any such proof exist? and if they just lost them for a few months, does that make it better for them? Will business be the same when this is over? How many places will go bankrupt while they wait?

better watch end game.

Theses idiots ain't seen nothing yet wait until they roll this out in the US WE ARE BEING REPLACED POST HUMAN era is here but such a conspiracy..

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-19_11-9-29.png
    upload_2020-3-19_11-9-29.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 7
How could any such proof exist?

If proof doesn't exist, then it makes the underlying claim that these people are "losing their jobs" factually untrue until proven otherwise.

and if they just lost them for a few months, does that make it better for them?

No. But the government is trying to provide for their job security by providing stimulus. It is trying to encourage employers not to permanently lay off their workers. As little faith in government as some of us have, we should have faith that our government will fulfill its duty to her people.

Will business be the same when this is over?

Obviously not.

How many places will go bankrupt while they wait?

Unknown. I'm not assuming anyone will go bankrupt until someone actually does.

And then some motherfucking fucker fucktard comes along and calls you lazy!

Yeah, imagine having 2 jobs and then being called a basement dweller by someone on this web site. I'm so shook up man.

Not.
I apologize for being uncivil to you. I know that's no excuse and little comfort. But I honestly don't recall you first being uncivil to me. And that put me in the wrong.

And then some motherfucking fucker fucktard comes along and calls you lazy!

Yeah, imagine having 2 jobs and then being called a basement dweller by someone on this web site. I'm so shook up man.

Not.
I apologize for being uncivil to you. I know that's no excuse and little comfort. But I honestly don't recall you first being uncivil to me. And that put me in the wrong.

That was mighty big of you to say. It takes guts to admit when you're wrong on a website like this.

Good on you mate.

How could any such proof exist?

If proof doesn't exist, then it makes the underlying claim that these people are "losing their jobs" factually untrue until proven otherwise.

and if they just lost them for a few months, does that make it better for them?

No. But the government is trying to provide for their job security by providing stimulus. It is trying to encourage employers not to permanently lay off their workers. As little faith in government as some of us have, we should have faith that our government will fulfill its duty to her people.

Will business be the same when this is over?

Obviously not.

How many places will go bankrupt while they wait?

Unknown. I'm not assuming anyone will go bankrupt until someone actually does.
Well I know a person, perhaps a friend, but he is co-owner of four restaurants, and today he shuttered them all for the duration and laid off his workers. He'll give them the hours he can, but it'll be way short of what they had. I tuned into CNN this morning and there was a woman laid off as a bartender. My daughter is in Philly, and instead of going to a restaurant, they know take a sandwich to a park. The jobs are going fast.

The checks aren't going to do much for those employment #s, imo. Some, yes. Housing staffs. Grocers.

we may be about to go into lockdown

Says who?
Hey 'taint in Miss. Now the City
and we are likely to go on curfews and lockdowns

that should be enough cash as a stimulus to keep everyone afloat; but damn; we are mortgaging our future

do we cancel our debt with China as retaliation???
For what? Donald’s incompetent management of the situation?
He's incompetent, and the size of the soon to come "spike" in hospitalizations is on him. But, imo, the "experts' are saying that even if we'd done timely testing and quarantining, the same NUMBER would be infected but spread out. So Trump lied and misled his minions about what was wicked this way "coming," but I think the economy was going to hell in any event.

Sijnce DC is also calling for no evictions or foreclosures, due to this pandemic, there isn't the same pressure for people to pay those things. Those who can and are honest enough to do so will, but if it's not 'required' and no consequences, how many will pay their bills????????
They will eventually have to pay rents and mortgages and real property taxes. This is only a stopgap

at this point, though. It hasn’t even been 30 days.

a totalitarian wet dream...
Nah. Some cities are in lockdown, but the whole country won't.

I'm sure Alabama would love to close their borders, though. :lol:

"Let's make sure we have enough lard first!"
Ah thank they're givin us extry huntin liesenses wit discounts. That dern black social mayer shut all da bars and eatin' places, but outside a "lil africa' its rock on dude.

We should not be giving money to foreign nationals or people on welfare

nor to children or anyone who was not laid off from their job
Or corporations. Or people with a T in their names. Or reporters. Or funny looking people. Or people who voted for Romney.

So those of us who will be exempt due to income restrictions...we just have to deal with it, right? Shouldn't we be encouraged to juice the economy as well? People who have not been laid off and are still getting paid have the same obligations and the same expenditures they had prior to the virus. Why do they need money? Same goes for people who didn't work in the first place and had no income. We are basically giving handouts in both of these cases, but excluding some folks who they deem to make too much money.

What about the 2 earner household who exceeds the 150k limit even after 1 of the earners is laid off? It is likely they have financial obligations that are commensurate with their 2 earner income level. They would get nothing and may not be able to pay their mortgage, for example. Why are they left out?

Says who?

that should be enough cash as a stimulus to keep everyone afloat; but damn; we are mortgaging our future

He's incompetent, and the size of the soon to come "spike" in hospitalizations is on him. But, imo, the "experts' are saying that even if we'd done timely testing and quarantining, the same NUMBER would be infected but spread out. So Trump lied and misled his minions about what was wicked this way "coming," but I think the economy was going to hell in any event.

The economy was going to go down due to this virus and for no other reason. The economy was extremely strong heading into this thing thanks to Trump's policies. If we get out of it in the near future, it will start rising again, unless we elect an idiot like Biden.

Sure the cards are good, everything is digital nowdays so computers still create the illusion of transactions, but

Here's a bit of advice: Don't overthink it.

Everything will be okay. People need to quit freaking out. We can't defeat this situation if we're all freaking out. The sky is still where it's supposed to be. It always will be, because the universe is expanding, and the sky will NEVER fall.

Not really trying to overthink it, but I am seeing the situation for what it is and is developing into since events are changing regularly.

well that 'stimulus' seems a bit moot, considering if we are lockedown & quarantined, we can't get out & spend it to help move the economy along..
I just heard of this cool website called Amazon where you can buy things. You should check it out.

…...and to the both of you....what part of quarantines, lockdowns, social distancing don't you understand?

Many farms are/were under contract with food companies and as the employees dwindle, there aren't many left to work in those sectors, including shipping those goods to the population.

Amazon recently announced halting all incoming shipments (or something to that effect), so anything you can buy is what is currently available. Even though they had also announced hiring thousands, what are they going to be doing? Whatever work is currently available isn't going to last long without incoming shipments. I've also heard & seen that many orders are being cancelled or postponed.

Think about it, life isn't going to be 'normal' in anyway tomorrow or even next week & maybe not even next month.

We should not be giving money to foreign nationals or people on welfare

nor to children or anyone who was not laid off from their job
Or corporations. Or people with a T in their names. Or reporters. Or funny looking people. Or people who voted for Romney.

So those of us who will be exempt due to income restrictions...we just have to deal with it, right? Shouldn't we be encouraged to juice the economy as well? People who have not been laid off and are still getting paid have the same obligations and the same expenditures they had prior to the virus. Why do they need money? Same goes for people who didn't work in the first place and had no income. We are basically giving handouts in both of these cases, but excluding some folks who they deem to make too much money.

What about the 2 earner household who exceeds the 150k limit even after 1 of the earners is laid off? It is likely they have financial obligations that are commensurate with their 2 earner income level. They would get nothing and may not be able to pay their mortgage, for example. Why are they left out?
Everyone should be excluded

those who lose their jobs deserve unemployment insurance

everyone else should get nothing

Sure the cards are good, everything is digital nowdays so computers still create the illusion of transactions, but

Here's a bit of advice: Don't overthink it.

Everything will be okay. People need to quit freaking out. We can't defeat this situation if we're all freaking out. The sky is still where it's supposed to be. It always will be, because the universe is expanding, and the sky will NEVER fall.

Not really trying to overthink it, but I am seeing the situation for what it is and is developing into since events are changing regularly.

well that 'stimulus' seems a bit moot, considering if we are lockedown & quarantined, we can't get out & spend it to help move the economy along..
I just heard of this cool website called Amazon where you can buy things. You should check it out.

…...and to the both of you....what part of quarantines, lockdowns, social distancing don't you understand?

Many farms are/were under contract with food companies and as the employees dwindle, there aren't many left to work in those sectors, including shipping those goods to the population.

Amazon recently announced halting all incoming shipments (or something to that effect), so anything you can buy is what is currently available. Even though they had also announced hiring thousands, what are they going to be doing? Whatever work is currently available isn't going to last long without incoming shipments. I've also heard & seen that many orders are being cancelled or postponed.

Think about it, life isn't going to be 'normal' in anyway tomorrow or even next week & maybe not even next month.
Our titty bars are all in the city, and the black mayor's closed em down. But he cain't do nuting about Golden Corral and Pop Eye's cause the guvner keeping them open on Trump's ok.

Says who?

I’ve heard nothing of the sort. In fact, what I’ve heard is that if they’d tested and then segregated anyone who tested positive and then kept doing that, the impact would have been much less

Forum List

Back