$1,000 per individual -- $500 per child -- $75K income limit for individuals, $150K for married

Oh, I've seen here and there people getting worked up about Trump calling C-19 the "China virus" and saying he is racist.

Look, its a huge dick move for Trump to do that. But Trump is always a fucking dick. And he's all about branding. He knows how to make his stupid labels stick, usually by saying something so offensive that the Left gives it a lot of attention, thereby helping to spread the meme. They just can't stop feeding the troll.

Yet I don't see anyone getting their panties over the "Spanish flu" of 1918.

Even CNN calls it the Spanish flu: Spanish flu pandemic 1918 and the lessons learned from a 100-year-old disaster - CNN

And what's REALLY crazy is that the Spanish flu did not start in Spain.

There are hypotheses that the Spanish flu started right here in the USA. Or Britain. Or China.

If Trump and the Hive Mind want to call C-19 the "China virus", let them be the dicks they are. It's too late to expect them to change now.

And when you think about retaliating against China, just remember that a virus could, and already might have in 1918, start right here.

Last edited:
I thought they said they were going to send out checks in April and May and it would be based on last year's taxes, which is why they asked people to get their taxes done ASAP.
That was one of many options considered.

They probably figured out, like Bush did, it was way easier to just give everyone the same amount rather than blow up the IRS servers with complicated algorithms. That would take way too long.

COMING SOON......

Liquor Stores...

liquor.jpg

Video game aisles...

vidgames.jpeg

Widescreen TV's...

tv.png

COMING SOON......

Liquor Stores...

View attachment 313381

Video game aisles...

View attachment 313382

Widescreen TV's...

View attachment 313384
When my daughter and I were walking through the local grocery store, we were marveling at the empty shelves. There were runs on sacks of flour, butter, toilet paper, vinegar, and such. I said to my daughter, "I bet the beer aisle is wiped out, too."

It wasn't! Say what?

I told my daughter, "These people are AMATEURS!" :lol:

and we are likely to go on curfews and lockdowns

that should be enough cash as a stimulus to keep everyone afloat; but damn; we are mortgaging our future

do we cancel our debt with China as retaliation???

well that 'stimulus' seems a bit moot, considering if we are lockedown & quarantined, we can't get out & spend it to help move the economy along..

That's not true.

Ever hear of debit cards? Direct deposit?

Those are a thing now.

that should be enough cash as a stimulus to keep everyone afloat; but damn; we are mortgaging our future

well that 'stimulus' seems a bit moot, considering if we are lockedown & quarantined, we can't get out & spend it to help move the economy along..

That's not true.

Those are a thing now.

Sure, I got one meself……...but how long before they are no good as well? As in, nobody on the other end to provide what you buy?????

That's not true.

Those are a thing now.

Sure, I got one meself……...but how long before they are no good as well? As in, nobody on the other end to provide what you buy?????

Uh... for starters

As long as we transact money online, debit cards will be good. They will never become outmoded. If we produce our own goods, we can buy them online.

Globalization will eventually die.

That's not true.

Those are a thing now.

Uh... for starters

As long as we transact money online, debit cards will be good. They will never become outmoded. If we produce our own goods, we can buy them online.

Globalization will eventually die.

So who's going to be producing those goods if everyone is in lockdown?????????

Sure the cards are good, everything is digital nowdays so computers still create the illusion of transactions, but...….

People are already being laid off by the millions. We are in a recession.
Temporarily*

Stop hyping shit up g5.
Tell the laid off people its only temporary.

Like I said, temporarily. These businesses and corporations can't send them pink slips because of this pandemic. That would be far from fair.

The government is trying to ensure their job security by passing these stimulus packages.

These people won't go without.

So, like I said, stop hyping shit up. Stop fearmongering. Get rid of the "oh woe is me" bullshit.

It's not helping anyone. Emotions tell you what you believe, not what is true. (see my sig).

Trump wants direct payments of $1,000 for adults, $500 for kids in coronavirus stimulus bill, Mnuchin says

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Thursday laid out details of the Trump administration’s plan to send Americans relief money as part of a massive stimulus package to blunt the impact of the novel coronavirus crisis.

Mnuchin said in a Fox Business Network interview that the plan, which is being discussed with congressional leaders of both parties, would send payments totaling $500 billion directly to Americans.

That money would be divided into two large tranches.

“The first one would be $1,000 per person, $500 per child,” Mnuchin said. “So for a family of four, that’s a $3,000 payment.
This is a bad idea and I am against it

Sure the cards are good, everything is digital nowdays so computers still create the illusion of transactions, but

Here's a bit of advice: Don't overthink it.

Everything will be okay. People need to quit freaking out. We can't defeat this situation if we're all freaking out. The sky is still where it's supposed to be. It always will be, because the universe is expanding, and the sky will NEVER fall.

People are already being laid off by the millions. We are in a recession.
Temporarily*

Stop hyping shit up g5.
Tell the laid off people its only temporary.

Like I said, temporarily. These businesses and corporations can't send them pink slips because of this pandemic. That would be far from fair.

The government is trying to ensure their job security by passing these stimulus packages.

These people won't go without.

So, like I said, stop hyping shit up. Stop fearmongering. Get rid of the "oh woe is me" bullshit.

It's not helping anyone. Emotions tell you what you believe, not what is true. (see my sig).

I do agree with you here, with the one exception of people not going without.

Many stores shelves are bare, they just can't keep up with demand. That may hold especially true of special diets. While some places & populations have more to choose from, there are others that don't. And atleast currently, the situation is getting worse, not better. Just sayin, not trying to argue

Forum List

Back